Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 heated steering wheel Discussion thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bob, my buddy with the MY heated wheel is getting the 2021.4.3 update right now. You get it?
Hey Hilbe! unfortunately, no. Still stuck on 2020.47.101.1
Let's see if they push it out tonight? I've been driving my leaf around the last few days... so I've been charging that the last few nights. Just took the 3 out today and plugged it in.
**If I understand correctly, the M3 will not get updates if it's not plugged in??**

Hey Hilbe! unfortunately, no. Still stuck on 2020.47.101.1
Let's see if they push it out tonight? I've been driving my leaf around the last few days... so I've been charging that the last few nights. Just took the 3 out today and plugged it in.
**If I understand correctly, the M3 will not get updates if it's not plugged in??**
You'll get updates plugged in. Just needs to be on wifi.

Reactions: 808BOB
If you wanna fly to the Bay Area (from Germany), you're more than welcome to touch my (heated) wheel. :cool:
Could you post a short video without a cut showing the car details screen and then activating the heated steering wheel? This would proof it's a Model 3. Still sceptical as this threads still is the only source and Teslafi only lists a MY with this FW that even matches your production and delivery time.

And no i don't wanna touch your heated steering wheel... Sounds weird

Awaiting delivery of my SR+ on 4th of march. Should already have the new door trim and hopefully the heated steering wheel if all this is real

Reactions: TomaGo

Attachments

• v14_ZB1 (1).JPG
    v14_ZB1 (1).JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: TomaGo
Could you post a short video without a cut showing the car details screen and then activating the heated steering wheel? This would proof it's a Model 3. Still sceptical as this threads still is the only source and Teslafi only lists a MY with this FW that even matches your production and delivery time.

And no i don't wanna touch your heated steering wheel... Sounds weird

Awaiting delivery of my SR+ on 4th of march. Should already have the new door trim and hopefully the heated steering wheel if all this is real

Stop talking about "Teslafi shows" because that is not relevant in the slightest to this discussion. You seem to have a belief that teslafi shows a majority of the fleet or something, which it absolutely DOES NOT. It only shows people who have registered with the site. Its useful to use it as a barometer for how wide a software release is, as a percentage, but has nothing at all to do with a cars that might be on a specific factory firmware.

Its not like every new user goes out and installs teslafi (or anything else for that matter) most people just pick up their cars and drive off. "most people" dont even end up on forums like this one. firmware not being on teslafi means nothing.

Now if you want to keep calling this person a liar, thats up to you, but dont do it because of something you see or dont see on teslafi.

Stop talking about "Teslafi shows" because that is not relevant in the slightest to this discussion. You seem to have a belief that teslafi shows a majority of the fleet or something, which it absolutely DOES NOT. It only shows people who have registered with the site. Its useful to use it as a barometer for how wide a software release is, as a percentage, but has nothing at all to do with a cars that might be on a specific factory firmware.

Its not like every new user goes out and installs teslafi (or anything else for that matter) most people just pick up their cars and drive off. "most people" dont even end up on forums like this one. firmware not being on teslafi means nothing.

Now if you want to keep calling this person a liar, thats up to you, but dont do it because of something you see or dont see on teslafi.

I think i made clear what a proof would look like for me. This is a single source and until now it's very quiet. At least the Firmware until now was only installed on one MY of all Teslafi users... Sure this ist Just a small Number of Users but still it looks strange to see this old fw on a M3 now and Bob not showing much. If i would have the only Model 3 with heated steering wheel in the wild i would give a little more information to all others waiting for this.

I think i made clear what a proof would look like for me. This is a single source and until now it's very quiet. At least the Firmware until now was only installed on one MY of all Teslafi users... Sure this ist Just a small Number of Users but still it looks strange to see this old fw on a M3 now and Bob not showing much. If i would have the only Model 3 with heated steering wheel in the wild i would give a little more information to all others waiting for this.

Have you checked the firmware tracker before posting this? there is a model 3 on there since yesterday with the same firmware you mentioned, VIN is also 902XXX same as OP

Nobody needs to prove anything.

I was firmly in the camp that this is needed. All my ice cars have had it for many years. But they can take forever to warm up, didn’t have remote start, etc. so it’s more of a concern.

I didn’t like the fanboi’s all saying you could preheat. Guess what? You can preheat.

yes, I want it because I’m used to it. But I rarely use the seat heaters as I can crank the heat (heat pump).

Nobody needs to prove anything.

I was firmly in the camp that this is needed. All my ice cars have had it for many years. But they can take forever to warm up, didn’t have remote start, etc. so it’s more of a concern.

I didn’t like the fanboi’s all saying you could preheat. Guess what? You can preheat.

yes, I want it because I’m used to it. But I rarely use the seat heaters as I can crank the heat (heat pump).

I'm sure. But what about all that electricity that's being used to preheat the car. My AM commute is fairly short. Seems like preheating for 30 minutes (that's longer than it takes to get to work) would significantly decrease the efficiency of my commute.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
Seems like preheating for 30 minutes (that's longer than it takes to get to work) would significantly decrease the efficiency of my commute.

I want the heated wheel, but it has nothing to do with efficiency - if that is a priority there are many ways to travel more efficiently than a car. You could also use gloves, since the stalks and door handles and touch screen are cold. Seems like I’m talking myself into preheating more and more ...

Reactions: TBrownTX
I'm sure. But what about all that electricity that's being used to preheat the car. My AM commute is fairly short. Seems like preheating for 30 minutes (that's longer than it takes to get to work) would significantly decrease the efficiency of my commute.

Which is probably why Tesla recommends pre-heating the car while connected to the charger in the morning, improving efficiency.

Tim

I want the heated wheel, but it has nothing to do with efficiency - if that is a priority there are many ways to travel more efficiently than a car. You could also use gloves, since the stalks and door handles and touch screen are cold. Seems like I’m talking myself into preheating more and more ...

Oh....I want the heated wheel as well! I'm jus saying the pre-heating might be a substitute for a heated wheel, but at a much greater energy cost.

Reactions: TBrownTX