Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 LFP wont charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8445E3DE-404B-442E-8129-971E0F55C136.jpeg
EAF52954-FD9C-48CC-B244-C00581EE2EFF.jpeg
2ABD5C06-318E-47F1-996F-D414130E7E4D.jpeg

Has anyone ever encountered this? Charges fine the past couple days and all of a sudden wont charge. The charge port light is stuck on blue and I have precondition/schedule turned off. Tried using the mobile connector and a 3rd party charger with the adapter. Also tried resetting and still wont charge. Service appointments are booked out and I’ll probably will have to get it towed to service center

I did that but for only 5 minutes, I’ll try 20 👍

You want it to be long enough to fully go to sleep. on my car, I have sat and listened to it (outside the car) after using the power off feature, and timed how long it was till I heard the contactors. its like 10-12 minutes.

Try opening the drivers door (while in the car), then clicking the power off command, and then exit the car through the still open door, and close it. This will have you outside the car, with the power off command issued. That way you are not sitting inside, with the "watched pot" syndrome.

Come back in 1/2 an hour or something, and then open the door and get in, to wake the car up, then see if it works.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
View attachment 755459View attachment 755460View attachment 755461
Has anyone ever encountered this? Charges fine the past couple days and all of a sudden wont charge. The charge port light is stuck on blue and I have precondition/schedule turned off. Tried using the mobile connector and a 3rd party charger with the adapter. Also tried resetting and still wont charge. Service appointments are booked out and I’ll probably will have to get it towed to service center
Are you charging from an HPWC (Tesla wall "charger") or from your UMC? If the HPWC, and the car power-off doesn't work, I'd turn off the breaker to the HPWC for several minutes and turn it back on, maybe the HPWC needs a reset. If the UMC, unplug it, let it sit several minutes, and re-plug it.