Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 m3 SR+ fog light questions...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello. im just finding out about the 2020 -2021 m3 standard range plus not even having the actual fog light bulbs or led strips even in the housing anymore as i was hoping that maybe we could pay to turn them on one day but i guess not. so now im looking for an older set (or newer long range model set?) to put in and im seeing aftermarket and/or china brand new ones available that have all the necessary bulbs. i understand you can jump the wire to get the fog light to turn on or just be happy with the amber and led drl strip. my question is has anyone used any of the aftermarket or china ones off of ebay or anywhere? are they worth the cheaper price or should we just go used oem? thanks a lot!!

Some of the guys buy the euro spec ones from eBay that has the clear reflector instead of the amber reflector. I’m planning on going the same route probably next year.
the fog light doesn’t have an actual button on the screen, it will however turn on when your headlights turn on and turn off when headlights are off while the white/amber strip will stay on when you are driving/idling in the car.

• Informative
Reactions: strykeroz
the fog light doesn’t have an actual button on the screen, it will however turn on when your headlights turn on and turn off when headlights are off while the white/amber strip will stay on when you are driving/idling in the car.
Thanks for answering this for me. As with most things on the 3 it's software related so if the car doesn't know you should have them, it wouldn't present the button on the screen to control it - how you explain it makes sense, you're just piggybacking off existing lighting wires so there's no independent control.

Our SR+ was delivered before they turned off fog lights in 2019 so those delivered the month after still had fog lights, just the screen button we have never gets showed. Similarly I have physical footwell lights that turn on momentarily when I get in the car, but have no way to come back on with the interior lights.

ok thanks. perhaps ill go that aftermarket route also then instead of trying to find pricey oem used without broken tabs. lol and yea that footwell light thing is annoying and seems cheap by tesla to take that away from sr plus. mine were on when i got the car and after installing nice purple ones that was the day a new update was available that shut them off lol.

I just got my SR+ and was wondering about this. Since there is a dummy light (just a black strip where the light should be) is there a fog light connector on the harness or do you have to make the wiring yourself?

I bought the euro versions off eBay and they fit and light up on my 2021 sr plus just fine. The only difference was the wire colors to jump the harness was different on mine versus what was shown on some YouTube video I watched for the install.

Installed the euro (no amber) DRL/Fog lights purchased from partslink.com on eBay (17 18 19 20 TESLA MODEL 3 EURO LEFT RIGHT FOG LIGHT LAMP SET BLACK NO AMBER OEM | eBay)
Works great and love it! Installation is tedious as I am not experienced but it can be done. Wire splicing the middle wire to the non-black wire using Posi Tap (20-22 gauge) turns on the fog lights. Followed these YouTube videos:
or
. Both are good sources.

Reactions: UNCLETYS
I bought the euro versions off eBay and they fit and light up on my 2021 sr plus just fine. The only difference was the wire colors to jump the harness was different on mine versus what was shown on some YouTube video I watched for the install.
Hello there.
I'm Per from Norway who has just bought a Model 3. Can you tell me who the ebay seller is ? I want fog lights 😊 and i have to be sure that i get the right kind of lights 😊

Hello there.
I'm Per from Norway who has just bought a Model 3. Can you tell me who the ebay seller is ? I want fog lights 😊 and i have to be sure that i get the right kind of lights 😊

Hello I drive a 2021 M3 SR+ without the fog lights.

I bought aftermarket fog lights that come with a harness for the SR+ without the fog lights. The fog lights work perfect when my headlights are on, however, they will not power on and work with the daytime running lights. Because my car didn't come with the foglights there is no option on my dash to turn the fog lights on or off as I would like for them to stay on with the daytime running lights.

Is there anything I can do to get the option on my dash to turn the fog lights on/off?

Here are the fog lights I purchased: Front Fog Lights Sequential Turn Signal Upgrade Kit For Model 3 2017-2021

Hello I drive a 2021 M3 SR+ without the fog lights.

I bought aftermarket fog lights that come with a harness for the SR+ without the fog lights. The fog lights work perfect when my headlights are on, however, they will not power on and work with the daytime running lights. Because my car didn't come with the foglights there is no option on my dash to turn the fog lights on or off as I would like for them to stay on with the daytime running lights.

Is there anything I can do to get the option on my dash to turn the fog lights on/off?

Here are the fog lights I purchased: Front Fog Lights Sequential Turn Signal Upgrade Kit For Model 3 2017-2021
No, i have the same lights and they can't run with the daytime running lights