Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 B-Pilar trim has come loose exposing wiring bundle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a pice of trim work that has come loose and can’t seem to get it to pop back on. It is on the passenger side B-Pilar near the seat belt. Any ideas? Car has 30,000 miles but Tesla said warranty will not cover it.
IMG_5387.jpeg

I had this taken care of by a mobile tech when they came to replace my right taillight. The guy literally took 5 minutes to fix it. It was a missing or broken clip (or clips) that prevented the plastic piece from staying in place. No issues since. I'm surprised Tesla is not taking care of this given how simple the fix was and the fact that it's a known issue.

30k miles? You should still be under the basic car warranty unless it's been over 48 months.

I had something similar (car came delivered that way), mobile tech came out and replaced the clips. I also had a missing clip from part of my back seat so it was just loose, clip was replaced by the SC and I was good to go. Gotta love that Tesla quality haha

Superglue it in 3 small spots and call it a day.
I had this taken care of by a mobile tech when they came to replace my right taillight. The guy literally took 5 minutes to fix it. It was a missing or broken clip (or clips) that prevented the plastic piece from staying in place. No issues since. I'm surprised Tesla is not taking care of this given how simple the fix was and the fact that it's a known issue.

Thanks for the info. Going to try again with Tesla tomorrow. Heading into have a few other items addressed and hoping they will take care of it. I confirmed with two different Tesla employees that it is not covered (according to them) even though I am only at 30,000 miles.

30k miles? You should still be under the basic car warranty unless it's been over 48 months.

I had something similar (car came delivered that way), mobile tech came out and replaced the clips. I also had a missing clip from part of my back seat so it was just loose, clip was replaced by the SC and I was good to go. Gotta love that Tesla quality haha
It is still under warranty……crazy to me that they are saying they won‘t cover it. This is my first Tesla and I love but but agree about the quality issues! I thought I new about most issues but this was a new one. LOL

The exact same thing happened to my 2020 M3. I took it to the nearest Tesla service center after making an appointment. They fixed in less than 20 minutes. The service guy told me that they replaced all the clips that held the trim in place on the trim on both sides of the car because the original clips were poorly designed and the new ones worked better. This was in the fall of 2021, so I'm not sure your car would have the original clips or the newer ones when it came from the factory

This happened to our 2023 M3P on the drivers side when it was just a few weeks old.
The mobile tech fixed it in about 30 seconds! Under warranty
He slid out the original white mushroom clips and replaced them with stronger blue ones - promising that this was a permanent fix!
20,000km later - so far so good!

Yes they did. Had to update firmware but only charged me for the cost of the actual adaptor. $175. Was originally quoted $350 or something like that…………..Also replaced the clips on both doors for the B pilars under the warranty.
That's great. I wasn't aware they were doing this upgrade.
How did you request the service for it? I don't see the option in the app.