Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 Connectivity issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As beautiful the car is, I have been having issues wit it since the delivery.

1) The wireless charging pads are not working and I have tried two different phones, these same phones worked fine during the test drive.
2) This is a major issue, the car completely fails to connect with the app. I can work the unlock, open truck but as soon as I select Vent, Sentry Mode, it gives me an error. I have rest the car, and reboot the system many times with no luck.
I had a word with Prince who mentioned that this is a common problem with new Teslas 2021. He said he would call me this afternoon but I haven't heard from him.

Screenshot of the Error

I am really concerned about this issue, It has been 1 day and I am scared to take my car anywhere as I am worried thing will stop working.
All options are greyed out

Has anyone else experienced this

1) The wireless charging pads are not working and I have tried two different phones, these same phones worked fine during the test drive.
2) This is a major issue, the car completely fails to connect with the app. I can work the unlock, open truck but as soon as I select Vent, Sentry Mode, it gives me an error. I have rest the car, and reboot the system many times with no luck.
I had a word with Prince who mentioned that this is a common problem with new Teslas 2021. He said he would call me this afternoon but I haven't heard from him.

Screenshot of the Error

I am really concerned about this issue, It has been 1 day and I am scared to take my car anywhere as I am worried thing will stop working.

1630724840342.jpeg
?

I assume you've tried logging out of and reinstalling the app on your phone? Make sure the usb connection in the console is snug? Better keep one of your key cards on you..

Screenshot of the Error

It's not going to stop working. Call roadside assistance, or just use the app to schedule a service visit. Does streaming radio and the web browser work on the car? If so, the problem is likely with your phone or phone carrier. Keyless entry, the unlock button, and the open trunk button work via a bluetooth connection to the car. The fact that those features are working points to your phone or carrier.
Is the car connected to wifi? Or parked somewhere without cellular signal? That could also be your failure point.

Reactions: android04
Yeah I have tried a different provider and a phone as well. I took it to central London where we have 5g and full range. The app works once if I try like 10 times and after one successful attempt it goes back to no working. Thanks roadside assistance is good but just not nice to have these issues on a brand new car. I have checked the WiFi as well no luck

It's not going to stop working. Call roadside assistance, or just use the app to schedule a service visit. Does streaming radio and the web browser work on the car? If so, the problem is likely with your phone or phone carrier. Keyless entry, the unlock button, and the open trunk button work via a bluetooth connection to the car. The fact that those features are working points to your phone or carrier.
Is the car connected to wifi? Or parked somewhere without cellular signal? That could also be your failure point.
Yeah radio and web-browser works

Screenshot of the Error

Not sure who "Prince" is, but your issue might be a bug in whatever software version your car has. Make a service appointment on your Tesla app with the relevant details, and most likely they will diagnose it remotely. They might just have to reset or reconfigure something remotely and your car will work fine again. The service appointment is just the way to get the fix started and you might never actually have to get your car physically worked on.

Also, none of your issues seem critical to the functioning of the car, so I wouldn't worry about it just not working at some point and stranding you.