Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+1 for yoke buzz. This definitely will be fixed with a SW update.

Wonder if they messed up the haptic mechanism in the yoke with an update and that is constantly buzzing.
I also just noticed a constant buzzing sound coming from the yoke the last two days. I thought it was because I never noticed it before since it is very faint, and can only really be heard when the cabin is quiet. I also considered the possibility that it was caused by the Service Center, since they had to disassemble and reassemble my yoke to fix a front safety restraint fault, and a subsequent rubbing sound when turning the wheel past a certain point (which is still there).
+1 for yoke buzz. Just got the car back after a high-voltage battery replacement, and I can hear the yoke buzzing in the quiet of my garage. Both sides of the yoke do it.

I have the same exact issue, it never made this noise until I received FSD beta. I noticed the buzz sound is gone when I first get into the car and when I need to use the turn signals the sound appears and does not go away until the car goes back to sleep. I also noticed the two stage turn signal option has gone away with this latest update. I can no longer lightly press the turn signal to activate the them, just hard presses work.

I also have another issue with FSD beta regarding turn signals. Whenever FSD beta engages a turn signal and I manual disengage autopilot, the turn signal stays on regardless if I make a turn or press the turn signal to turn it off. I actually I have to press the left signal and then the right signal to turn them off, which makes me feel like an idiot when people are behind me.
Same thing happened to me. The two stage turn signal stopped working and I think it happened after latest update. It works when I press down for continuous signal but doesn’t when I just lightly put my finger on it. Have a home service appointment on the 4th and I’ll bring that up to him. May just have to re download last update.

Reactions: RobotX and impastu
Same thing happened to me. The two stage turn signal stopped working and I think it happened after latest update. It works when I press down for continuous signal but doesn’t when I just lightly put my finger on it. Have a home service appointment on the 4th and I’ll bring that up to him. May just have to re download last update.
That’s working as intended as part of the week 36 update. Go read the software update notes. It’s the best change so far!

This *sugar* is so sloppy. Reminds me of when my model 3's Bluetooth calling with break then with then break again with various software updates.
This isn’t broken, and is not sloppy. This is a phenomenal change, and well thought out. You just have one press, - a firm one, and if you’re using it to just change lanes it will automatically turn the signal off by itself now after you complete the lane change.

This now means it’s near impossible to accidentally press any yoke buttons as none of them are soft-touch sensitive anymore (even the wiper has changed). A really welcome change. It now means I rest my thumb on the raised lip in between the turn signals, which you couldn’t do before. It’s really awesome actually.

This isn’t broken, and is not sloppy. This is a phenomenal change, and well thought out. You just have one press, - a firm one, and if you’re using it to just change lanes it will automatically turn the signal off by itself now after you complete the lane change.

This now means it’s near impossible to accidentally press any yoke buttons as none of them are soft-touch sensitive anymore (even the wiper has changed). A really welcome change. It now means I rest my thumb on the raised lip in between the turn signals, which you couldn’t do before. It’s really awesome actually.
05B99B18-18B6-49AD-AC99-D6A4E52884F4.jpeg
4B9F4202-1628-4874-B9FA-7646839F6B0D.jpeg

Reactions: impastu and bhzmark

Sorry, I meant the buzzing yoke part. That's ridiculous.

View attachment 727375View attachment 727376
The yoke changes are dope. I’m especially impressed by the fact that it won’t automatically turn off when you merge into a “left turn lane” 🤯.

The yoke buzz will go away. Everyone relax.
I'm assuming you meant “will automatically turn off..” not won’t

• Funny
Reactions: impastu and jebinc
Did you by chance record the error code you were getting from the front safety restraint fault ? I have had it for three weeks and awaiting a 11/5 service appointment. They tried a mobile service appointment and the problem resolved for 3 trips then returned full time.
Error code was "RCM2_a052 - Safety restraint system fault"

I posted the service invoice notes in the other thread about the error: Front Safety Restraint System Fault Refresh S

The error has not returned for me since then (over 2 months ago).

Reactions: impastu
Error code was "RCM2_a052 - Safety restraint system fault"

I posted the service invoice notes in the other thread about the error: Front Safety Restraint System Fault Refresh S

The error has not returned for me since then (over 2 months ago).

A similar error popped for me yesterday after Tesla disconnected my rear seats to install a new charge port/tail light assembly. I didn't make it 100 feet after picking up the car before it popped up briefly, and then disappeared. They took it apart again and reconnected, and after that it's been fine for one drive (30-40 mins - nothing conclusive) tonight when I picked the car up again.

Seems like it could be a pain to figure out, but mine is an a058 vs your a052. Not sure if that means much, but... there you are. The other errors in my log - don't ask me, - that was before picking the car up.

Attachments

• 9098F0EB-745D-45C4-B57C-4CFEF2EE91C6_1_105_c.jpeg
    9098F0EB-745D-45C4-B57C-4CFEF2EE91C6_1_105_c.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 46
I am going to go back and look at the car again today. I had the error full time until the mobile tech came, removed the groundling lug in the drivers footwell, cleaned off some sealant that was reported to be affecting a good ground connection and reconnected. Error cleared for first time in two weeks and was gone for 3 trips then returned. There are a number of wires going to that grounding lug so now I am wondering if one or more are just not crimped in solidly. Easy to inspect and ensure continuity. will report back.

Reactions: impastu