Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+1 to everyone praising how turn signals work now. To me, it justifies the value of getting rid of stalks in favor of buttons, since now turn signals can work in a smarter user-friendly way vs. using physical mechanics to decide how turn signal behave with a stalk.

Oh, here's what the insides of our doors look like courtesy of my poor driver's side door:

1635626887052.png

No one with a front wireless phone charger buzz? Service center said they couldn't hear it, but it's driving me crazy. Scheduling it again. It's definitely coming from the charger though.
The Tesla SC is near a busy road so its kind of hard to hear there, but my wife and I definitely hear it.
Haven't noticed a buzz from the wireless charger. That's a new one...

I suspect that it’s the tires chirping over the pavement similar to but less severe than
a 4WD with locked differentials on dry pavement. This is because there is only one motor driving front axle.
While it is true that there is only one motor driving the front axle, that motor is connected to the wheels by an open differential. This allows the wheels to spin at different rates when they have to, eliminating problems like those caused by a locked differential.

Last edited:
Do your windows rattle like crazy when you close the door and they are rolled all the way down?
This happens on every tesla I've ever driven including 3 and y.

The fix for this is really easy and could be solved OTA, I have posted on Reddit and twitter over the years but don’t seem to have caught up at Tesla yet.

So basically if the windows are rolled all the way down and you open the door, the window should raise a couple of inches and go back down after the door shuts. Sounds very cheap when the window rattles inside the door panel.

I’ve seen this feature on some frameless window cars like the Urus and early Taycan models, not sure if it is on the present Taycan ones.

Here’s a video of it on the Urus.

I have a new delivery LR that’s still on 2021.41.103 and just noticed the red safety lights inside front doors do not turn on (I used flash so it looks on but it’s not). Can anyone confirm their lights work? Thanks

Attachments

• 4D469B10-49CF-46C4-B410-0037D2088731.jpeg
    4D469B10-49CF-46C4-B410-0037D2088731.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: impastu
+1 to everyone praising how turn signals work now. To me, it justifies the value of getting rid of stalks in favor of buttons, since now turn signals can work in a smarter user-friendly way vs. using physical mechanics to decide how turn signal behave with a stalk.

Oh, here's what the insides of our doors look like courtesy of my poor driver's side door:

View attachment 727575
What happened that required this take-down of your door?
Also, while in there, did you see any wiring for ambient lighting?

Reactions: impastu and jebinc

View attachment 727575
Paper speaker?

No one with a front wireless phone charger buzz? Service center said they couldn't hear it, but it's driving me crazy. Scheduling it again. It's definitely coming from the charger though.
The Tesla SC is near a busy road so its kind of hard to hear there, but my wife and I definitely hear it.
did you try disconnecting it.
it’s super simple to do.
I will send you a video

Reactions: GroovaEV
What happened that required this take-down of your door?
Also, while in there, did you see any wiring for ambient lighting?
Opened for the first time to fix the door handle sticking.
Opened for a second time to replace side mirrors (to see if a new side mirror component, which by the way also comes with new triangular glass, can fix the jiggly-ness).
Opened for a third time to replace window regulator. Picture is from this third time.

Don't remember if I saw any wiring for the ambient lighting. I do know there's only 1 or 2 connectors that need to be unplugged for the entire interior panel to come off the door.

They are just reflectors I believe.
Yes, just reflectors. They pop out easily by hand to reveal one of the 3 screws that retains the interior panel to the door.

Paper speaker?

Are you asking about the material of the speaker cone? No idea.

I'm not sure if it's the cold weather or not, but has anyone noticed sometimes you can't drag the power slider to 100% when you plug the car in? I can drag to 97% (or 98%) both in the app or in the car. After a few minutes usually, it will let me move it to 100%, but it's a bit odd. It has been noticeably colder in Seattle this past week, but not really sure what that's about. A bit paranoid since I just got a new high-voltage battery installed, so not sure what that's about.

e.g. came home late last night, car at 30%. Went to plug in this afternoon and it won't let me set 100% (only 97%). After a bit, it's letting me set 100% (not that I'm charging to 100% now, but... for reference).

I'm not sure if it's the cold weather or not, but has anyone noticed sometimes you can't drag the power slider to 100% when you plug the car in? I can drag to 97% (or 98%) both in the app or in the car. After a few minutes usually, it will let me move it to 100%, but it's a bit odd. It has been noticeably colder in Seattle this past week, but not really sure what that's about. A bit paranoid since I just got a new high-voltage battery installed, so not sure what that's about.
Yup