Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a coming SC appointment this week to replace Tail lights due to having dead bugs inside of them :D SC told me the Tail light should be replaced at SC which I think is not true since I saw a post previously that people were getting new tail lights with mobile service.

Also, they will fix the center console lid again which has been closing itself under acceleration, and after "fix" it's not closing under acceleration either when I push it to close :D

Will also report a shudering issue under moderate acceleration between 42-52mph... And of course, will report clicking sound on the front right corner when I turn wheels when it's dry condition. They won't be able to reproduce the clinking issue cause it's day 100500 of rain here in Seattle and when it's wet those clicks are gone.

TBH nothing to bring this time to SC and I really don't want to go there and give them the car again. Idk why I'm going :D

Yesterday I was looking to get back to Mercedes, but still love my plaid 😅

I have a coming SC appointment this week to replace Tail lights due to having dead bugs inside of them :D SC told me the Tail light should be replaced at SC which I think is not true since I saw a post previously that people were getting new tail lights with mobile service.

Also, they will fix the center console lid again which has been closing itself under acceleration, and after "fix" it's not closing under acceleration either when I push it to close :D

Will also report a shudering issue under moderate acceleration between 42-52mph... And of course, will report clicking sound on the front right corner when I turn wheels when it's dry condition. They won't be able to reproduce the clinking issue cause it's day 100500 of rain here in Seattle and when it's wet those clicks are gone.

TBH nothing to bring this time to SC and I really don't want to go there and give them the car again. Idk why I'm going :D

Yesterday I was looking to get back to Mercedes, but still love my plaid 😅
I have a dead bug in my MSLR driver tail light as well! Toooo much of a coincidence!

Can't they just change the door handles to present further? What needs to be replaced? My previous Model S door handles were recessed too far in at their closing state - mobile service "reseated" them (best I can describe) and it was flush. I would assume that would also fix the length at which they presented too.
I was told if they adjust handles out then handle would stick out the the distance when retracted.

Reactions: impastu
I was told if they adjust handles out then handle would stick out the the distance when retracted.
What? That makes zero sense.

When the handles are retracted into the door (currently), are they flush with the door panel? Or is there a gap / dip, inwards to the door panel? If so, fixing the retracted / non-present position would fix the issue of them not presenting fully. You "push" the non-present position to be flush the panel and thus when they present, they now fully come out.

The only way I see that being a valid explanation is if the handles are just not presenting fully due to a part in the door handle mechanism that was not designed to spec to present the door handles the full length.

I brought this up in my last service visit and their story is that Tesla intentionally made the seats not go down automatically all the way because people were previously getting hit by the seats as they went down. Hmm, not sure of the explanation but that's what I was told.
My S has been at the service center since last Friday for the front passenger safety restraint error code and the yoke buzz. Originally estimated to be completed today but now extended another two days to Thursday. Good news is that they're trying hard to properly fix the two issues. Bad news is that they're probably having a hard time finding the root cause...
Mine is in for the SRS error and it was a connector not plugged fully in as it seems to be for many/most of the cases I am reading about. The yoke buzzing is probably a much harder issue to resolve. Mine turned from a one day to a one week shop visit because they actually ordered a new passenger seat to replace mine where I reported a very notable 'crinkle' in the upper back stitching. I have read where they try to steam or heat it out and cases where they failed and said 'so sorry' but in my case (and to my surprise truthfully) they are replacing the seat ! Frunk trim fit bad on the drivers side as well and needs adjusting and besides these issues, the car has been perfect.

Reactions: Duke846 and impastu
What? That makes zero sense.

When the handles are retracted into the door (currently), are they flush with the door panel? Or is there a gap / dip, inwards to the door panel? If so, fixing the retracted / non-present position would fix the issue of them not presenting fully. You "push" the non-present position to be flush the panel and thus when they present, they now fully come out.

The only way I see that being a valid explanation is if the handles are just not presenting fully due to a part in the door handle mechanism that was not designed to spec to present the door handles the full length.
I think they were saying you can’t separately adjust the out position and in position. There is only one adjustment screw or mechanism. Essentially do I want them in the proper position when recessed or out. For me, that dog don’t hunt. I’ve looked for a YouTube but nothing out there yet.

I think they were saying you can’t separately adjust the out position and in position. There is only one adjustment screw or mechanism. Essentially do I want them in the proper position when recessed or out. For me, that dog don’t hunt. I’ve looked for a YouTube but nothing out there yet.
Agreed. So when they are recessed - were the flush with the door? If not and they were recessed further into the door panel, then adjusting them out to be flush with the door panel when they are recessed should help fix the issue with them not presenting fully. They are "pushing" them further out in the recessed position thus when they present, they move the previously length (short by few centimeters) plus the adjustment.

Maybe I am missing it here. Just seems odd to me.

Reactions: impastu and Bull
Not pointless. You put seats done for long/large objects? Push the buttons in trunk, slide in objects and use them to push seats down. Beats going to back row or stretching to reach buttons on back of seat.

Would they be better with auto/power fold? No question.
Can you imagine the advertisement for this? "Use long shopping objects etc to push the back seats down!" It's not cool, considering the Y has them fold automatically.

Just got this email from Tesla:

7522D93E-CD18-478E-A5B6-28E57C782679.jpeg

Last edited: