Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You win. 😅

Guess it's all mental. It feels better now without the buzzing and rattling from whatever was loose inside.

But, it wasn't quiet for long! The passenger door they worked on just fell apart! All the clips are broken and some harness is loose and rattling around. It just never ends!

View attachment 824364
Jeeez. I wish I were surprised, too… 😞

Reactions: aerodyne and Bull
Jeeez. I wish I were surprised, too… 😞
Two steps forward, one back.

I've got a few things left to get fixed and I'll be happy with the car... Obviously, fixing the rattling broken door panel. That should be easy. They also said mobile service would replace the center console again to get the light working.

Then, I need them to fix my creaking suspension. They said it was normal, but I'm going to keep pushing them to replace stuff until the creaking goes away. Right now it creaks over every bump. I'm not anticipating they will fix the half shaft vibrations, but I can lower the car again to get rid of them. That will be the last issue.

Two steps forward, one back.

I've got a few things left to get fixed and I'll be happy with the car... Obviously, fixing the rattling broken door panel. That should be easy. They also said mobile service would replace the center console again to get the light working.

Then, I need them to fix my creaking suspension. They said it was normal, but I'm going to keep pushing them to replace stuff until the creaking goes away. Right now it creaks over every bump. I'm not anticipating they will fix the half shaft vibrations, but I can lower the car again to get rid of them. That will be the last issue.
Please let us know about the creaking suspension. Mine does that too occasionally.

Service #5 at Raleigh to address issues identified at delivery on my Plaid S. They finally replaced the passenger window glass and regulator so that the passenger front door would close correctly. Unfortunately, whoever did it had no idea what they were doing. The door panel fell off the door on the way home on Friday. I've got a lot of driving to do, so I couldn't wait for another service appointment. I used the factory service manual (free now!) to fix it myself. Here's what I found....

1656959298914.png

1656959312615.png

1656959325464.png

1656959343724.png

Service #5 at Raleigh to address issues identified at delivery on my Plaid S. They finally replaced the passenger window glass and regulator so that the passenger front door would close correctly. Unfortunately, whoever did it had no idea what they were doing. The door panel fell off the door on the way home on Friday. I've got a lot of driving to do, so I couldn't wait for another service appointment. I used the factory service manual (free now!) to fix it myself. Here's what I found....
Oh, man! I would be beyond angry about those stripped screw holes!

View attachment 824749
View attachment 824750
View attachment 824751
View attachment 824752
And what will you ask for after uncovering this abomination?

PLEASE HELP > Vehicle not unlocking with mobile. App is suddenly asking me to pair the key cards even though I used the car few hours before it stopped working. Tesla app is saying that the car was last seen 3 days back even though I used it several times in the past 3 days. Both key cards are locked with in the car. Both original Key fob not working with clicks or placing in the pillar. Car cannot be woken up by tesla phone support or roadside assistance. Car is charging but stuck on 120v charger. Having a hard time contacting service center

PLEASE HELP > Vehicle not unlocking with mobile. App is suddenly asking me to pair the key cards even though I used the car few hours before it stopped working. Tesla app is saying that the car was last seen 3 days back even though I used it several times in the past 3 days. Both key cards are locked with in the car. Both original Key fob not working with clicks or placing in the pillar. Car cannot be woken up by tesla phone support or roadside assistance. Car is charging but stuck on 120v charger. Having a hard time contacting service center
Have you tried downloading a 3rd party app on your phone? Might not need keycard for remote unlock, just Tesla account credentials. There’s a bunch of them, the 2 I’ve had a good experience with is Tessie and Nikola. Not 100% sure this will do the trick, but worth a shot

A long shot, but see if there's an update to the app and install it if there is. That helped when the app didn't unlock for me.