Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If there is no need to lock it at home, just disable auto lock at that location. Will that not work for you?

As for the fob, on our old ‘17 S and X, we just kept them in an open metal box in the laundry room. Took care of the oscillations.

On our newer ‘22 cars, we don’t use fobs at all. And the issue does not happen at all with phone key for us. Cars only unlock at closer proximity than laundry room.
Disabling auto lock doesn’t solve the problem. Car still extends door handles etc the exact same if you walk by, and then retracts them when you walk away. The only difference is it will let you into the car if you don’t have your phone with you.

Reactions: EightYears
I have a clicking sound when turning at low speeds. Suspect steering gear, service will look at it next week.
I will be going on my 4th service visit for this particular problem. There's no communication between the technicians and mechanics at my service center. The invoice stated that they could not replicate the noise so they didn't bother, but the tech said they knew what the problem was and how to fix it. On my 3rd visit, they assured me it would be taken care of, but immediately taking it out of park on pickup day, it sounded exactly like it did when I Brough it in. I'm considering taking it to a third party shop and have it done manually with them.

I will be going on my 4th service visit for this particular problem. There's no communication between the technicians and mechanics at my service center. The invoice stated that they could not replicate the noise so they didn't bother, but the tech said they knew what the problem was and how to fix it. On my 3rd visit, they assured me it would be taken care of, but immediately taking it out of park on pickup day, it sounded exactly like it did when I Brough it in. I'm considering taking it to a third party shop and have it done manually with them.

I just got mine back from service today and they replaced the front Stabilizer Bar link. Might be worth a shot! Super quick to do.

I think I found why the new lower panel under the dash does not fit...missing fasteners! I knew there would be a place for the loose rivet I found in the glovebox.

Of course, now I have to wait for parts and another mobile appt.

The Tech was pretty good yesterday. When replacing the door sill, we found he was given the wrong part, he repaired the existing part with one he took off his P100D service vehicle!

Attachments

• IMG_20220907_082637913.jpg
    IMG_20220907_082637913.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 172
I think I found why the new lower panel under the dash does not fit...missing fasteners! I knew there would be a place for the loose rivet I found in the glovebox.
From the picture, it looks like the round magnet is missing. Perhaps it came unglued and is sticking to your panel? The new S/X under dash panels are held in place with magnets. I've removed mine several times without any issues. Much easier than the screws and fasteners.

From the picture, it looks like the round magnet is missing. Perhaps it came unglued and is sticking to your panel? The new S/X under dash panels are held in place with magnets. I've removed mine several times without any issues. Much easier than the screws and fasteners.
The magnet is on the panel. What is missing is a rivet, and a metal fastener for the magnet to be attracted to, best as I can tell from the EPC.

I'm so tired of this "sugar". Ready to sell both cars..

The magnet is on the panel. What is missing is a rivet, and a metal fastener for the magnet to be attracted to, best as I can tell from the EPC.

I'm so tired of this "sugar". Ready to sell both cars..
Well, it gets even better. The new panel fits now, because one of the two fasteners holding the knee airbag assy was misplaced in the receptacle for the cover magnet! In addition, both fasteners are the wrong type per the EPC.

I think I know how this happened in production, the holes for the airbag attach are very close to the hole in the receptacle, easy to put the bolt in the wrong hole. Interesting that there is yellow inspection crayon mark in the empty hole, but not on the misplaced bolt.

This could be a serious issue worthy of. Recall.

See pics below. Note scratched magnet surface one side, where the magnet was trying to adhere to the misplaced bolt.

Attachments

• IMG_20220909_221529257.jpg
    IMG_20220909_221529257.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20220909_222406778.jpg
    IMG_20220909_222406778.jpg
    452.7 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20220909_223256605.jpg
    IMG_20220909_223256605.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 121
Wow, thread pretty quiet. No more issues, or did we all give up and sell our cars at the market peak?

I failed to time the market, offers down 20k this week. So I'm here for the long haul it appears.

It seems yoke buzz has been fixed for most by software update.

But what about the humming noise when the car is parked? Does anyone have a CAN bus reader to see what is running?

If there are new items running, increasing vampire drain, I'm calling this:

Hummgate!