Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. It does not support the horn functionality which is what I may be mostly interested.
It looks like they say it does; Button Functions:

1660072920367.png

It just doesn't support the horn for Legacy Model S&X. (i.e. the ones with a vertical screen.)

It looks like they say it does; Button Functions:

View attachment 838745

It just doesn't support the horn for Legacy Model S&X. (i.e. the ones with a vertical screen.)
yeah. Even tho it shows these are supported functions in the above link when I look at their website under "Buttons" and scroll down "honk" is not a currently supported button. Definitely, I need to know more about the success/fail rates of the functions. Also, they say that they don't test all features with FSD software versions. See below.
Screenshot_20220809-183923.png

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Finally got in to service yesterday to address a few issues from delivery in January. Delays caused by part availability. Anyway, everything was resolved except the center console bin light behavior. "working as designed" basically was the response.... lights off when all the covers are open is a pretty poor design :confused:

Finally got in to service yesterday to address a few issues from delivery in January. Delays caused by part availability. Anyway, everything was resolved except the center console bin light behavior. "working as designed" basically was the response.... lights off when all the covers are open is a pretty poor design :confused:
The console lights in my Feb 2022 MSLR were like yours ... "as designed" and back asswords. I put my phone on a white handkerchief (gotta do that because its all black in there) and took a video. It showed the light was off when door fully open and on when door fully closed. They replaced the whole console and the app said I could come and pick it up. On my way when I got a call just 5 minutes from the service center. They said it looks like they replaced the center console with one having the same problem. While there we talked. The SA wanted to keep it another week to do some troubleshooting. I was ok with that because I want it fixed. I went outside to wait for the Uber and decided to test it. Jeeez!!Jeeez!!! It was fixed!! I did another video. It works. Light off when closed and on when open. The SA didn't know what to say. I was very happy to take my S home. I think there must be terrible communication between SA and mechanics. In your case, if a video and discussions of logic don't work then show them one on the showroom floor that works.

Hopefully the replacement yoke will have the center horn.
Ya. The one and only thing that irritates me about my otherwise alien worthy Plaid. I tried Elon’s mash the right side, but that ended up enabling the windshield wipers. My current method of choice and already now part of muscle memory is a karate chop like motion to the right of the air bag sack. Works great.

Anyone experiencing your Tesla not waking up as you approach the car with your phone key? It seems after a deep sleep overnight, I have to open my Tesla app on my phone manually for it to connect. On my Android phone I have the app set to "never sleep". Thoughts?

Reactions: af88
Anyone experiencing your Tesla not waking up as you approach the car with your phone key? It seems after a deep sleep overnight, I have to open my Tesla app on my phone manually for it to connect. On my Android phone I have the app set to "never sleep". Thoughts?
I sometimes have to rotate a bit to bring phone closer to the car. But have never had to take it out to unlock.

Sometimes my S won't present the door handles when I walk up to it at home. Its not a problem, just touch the handle ... I'm here ... and it unlocks. No need to twist and shake or get your phone our of your purse/pocket.

Reactions: WilliamG
Anyone elses keyfob hella sensitive and keep locking and unlocking your car when inside?
Never use the key fob but if it’s anything like just being connected to a phone, then - yep. In my kitchen above the garage I hear my car lock via the horn sound, so clearly it’s unlocking and locking due to assumed proximity.

And Tesla won’t give us an option to disable this while at home. Seems a bit unfortunate to not let us have a push-handle-when-at-home-to-unlock option, so that no other method (other than the app, of course) wakes up the car over and over if I happen to walk by or over the garage.

Last edited:
Never use the key fob but if it’s anything like just being connected to a phone, then - yep. In my kitchen above the garage I hear my car lock via the horn sound, so clearly it’s unlocking and locking due to assumed proximity.

And Tesla won’t give us an option to disable this while at home. Seems a bit stupid to not let us have a push-handle-when-at-home-to-unlock option, so that no other method (other than the app, of course) wakes up the car over and over if I happen to walk by or over the garage.

Anyone elses keyfob hella sensitive and keep locking and unlocking your car when inside?

If there is no need to lock it at home, just disable auto lock at that location. Will that not work for you?

As for the fob, on our old ‘17 S and X, we just kept them in an open metal box in the laundry room. Took care of the oscillations.

On our newer ‘22 cars, we don’t use fobs at all. And the issue does not happen at all with phone key for us. Cars only unlock at closer proximity than laundry room.

Reactions: aerodyne