Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the noise, and it never bothered me since I never had a car new enough for a powered trunk until this MS.

After the 2023.2.12 update, it does not do it anymore, could be other reasons, such as car saw less than 6O deg for the first time, but the software update seems most likely.
It also won't do that second draw down if a window is open.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne and jebinc
A second draw down on the hatch happens on my Feb 2022 MSLR only when the cabin is air tight. If a window is open there is no pressure created from a closing hatch and the hatch closes fully without the second draw down noise.
Nope. Mine doesn’t behave that way. It always has the second draw down even with all the windows down. June, 2022, build.

*edit*

I’m on 2022.44.30.10

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
A second draw down on the hatch happens on my Feb 2022 MSLR only when the cabin is air tight. If a window is open there is no pressure created from a closing hatch and the hatch closes fully without the second draw down noise.
Can you take a video of this with window down vs up? And what software are you on? I’m getting a lot of mixed info here from people…

• Funny
Reactions: cwanja and jebinc
It also won't do that second draw down if a window is open.
Ahhh, and the windows are all in vent position, as I wanted to check if the update killed the remote vent function.

I'll run out to check....hey I don't need to! Use the app...close the windows, then open tailgate.

Yep, sorry for @WilliamG , but with the windows closed the cinch is back...

Reactions: zoomer0056
Ahhh, and the windows are all in vent position, as I wanted to check if the update killed the remote vent function.

I'll run out to check....hey I don't need to! Use the app...close the windows, then open tailgate.

Yep, sorry for @WilliamG , but with the windows closed the cinch is back...
Thanks. Hmmmm. So that’s two of you saying there’s no second draw closed with windows open, but with windows closed it cinches. Wonder what software version @zoomer0056 is on?

I have soft close on another car (actually changed the receivers out from "hard close"). If the door has enough energy (a running start), the latches will rotate passed the soft close portion and latch like a non-powered latch. If I gently bring the door down on the latch, it will rotate in a motorized fashion and soft close the door.

Perhaps what is happening here is that some rear deck seals are a little more compliant (and maybe the hinges a little free) so that the rear hatch has enough of a run at the latch to get past the soft close portion. In some cases, only when the windows are down as all "last" doors are easier to close when at least one window is down to let the cabin air out and not build pressure.

Just spit balling here.