Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did they offer any reason why?
Says they are unable to reproduce the error... It was present every single minute when I was in the car...

Attachments

• 0F6674F0-82A4-4EF4-B5E4-EB74AF622114.jpeg
    0F6674F0-82A4-4EF4-B5E4-EB74AF622114.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 120
  • 1380C994-D201-4A7C-848A-03E01D894F92.jpeg
    1380C994-D201-4A7C-848A-03E01D894F92.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: impastu
What is happening with your car? Same symptoms continuing? Did you get the opportunity to speak with Tesla?
Yes. They’re logging stuff remotely apparently. My symptoms have perhaps lessened by charging to 100%. Range now up to 335 miles reported from 317 originally reported. I’m hopeful a drain to 20% will solve it fully…

Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc
Try to drain it to 7-6%, let it sit for 2-3 hours, and then charge up to 100% (with level 2) until the car will stop charging itself. Do not let it sit at 100% soc more than 5 minutes and try to drive it at least down to 80%, then charge again to 90%. It should help to calibrate cells and force the car to recalculate data.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc and impastu
I have an issue where the HVAC fan (I think) is running hours after the car has been parked (and not plugged in). The fan noise is coming from the rear edge of the hood by the front wind screen. I also have high vampire drain.

Does anyone else have this? Is it tied to a SW revision level?
Ive noticed that the X sits undriven in the driveway in hot 90+ F days and the fan kicks on presumably to keep air circulating over the batteries. I can only imagine that this is a more common situation in WPB.

I'm not happy with the quality of the wood trim and would appreciate other opinions on this before my service appointment.

Pretty much all of the walnut trim in my Plaid has small splits and checks. The small sharp edges are very obvious to the touch and can be seen clearly. I have added this to the punch list for my car when I go in for it's first service appointment. I am also a woodworker so I am particularly tuned to defects like these. The wood feels like it split during forming and they did not smooth it afterward.

I have told the service rep that at this price point I consider this unacceptable and it all needs to be replaced or changed to CF. Am I being unreasonable?

View attachment 701911 View attachment 701912 View attachment 701913 View attachment 701914
That wood trim would be ok if I were busing a ‘54 Lincoln Town Car 🤣

Reactions: Bull
anybody else notice that when you enter a destination in the navigation the center screen will not go into guidance mode/heading up? you can put it in the modes without navigation but when on navigation i don’t have the option to put it in guidance.

Reactions: Sbaimo
I did too-popped it back up and no issues.
I had the similar piece, except further forward which means it has an actual snap-in fastener, drop down. To it to the SC. The first answer was that I needed to schedule a mobile service to get it fixed. But, the service was VERY friendly, and happy to talk, and walk outside to look at it. Then, he says, hang on a minute... comes back with a technician in tow and the clip in hand, and in 30 seconds it is fixed! I really have to say that I've had great luck at the Superior, CO center.

anybody else notice that when you enter a destination in the navigation the center screen will not go into guidance mode/heading up? you can put it in the modes without navigation but when on navigation i don’t have the option to put it in guidance.
Tap anywhere on the screen other than the guidance list, and you’ll be able to tap the compass in the top left to switch to up-direction. This had me for a moment. Also it’s silly you have no compass without tapping the screen, if you are actually navigating somewhere.

just took delivery yesterday of my S LR white/black, 19" no FSD!

Couple issues with car - one that needs immediate repair/replacement:
1) Yolk snake -it seems like nearly every new S has it. Is this correct? Was advised to wait until next year to replace as they will likely fix the problem in production by then.

2) steering wheel leather stitching came undone (!) at top right edge of the yolk. Will certainly get worse of time. Disappointed but have a SC appointment in a few days to evaluate/fix/replace. Let's see. Anyone else have this issue?

3) for some reason, I can't find how to activate 'creep mode' - am I missing something obvious? There isn't a 'driving' section of the settings anymore, which is where it used to be . Please advise! thnx

• Informative

1) Yolk snake -it seems like nearly every new S has it. Is this correct? Was advised to wait until next year to replace as they will likely fix the problem in production by then.

2) steering wheel leather stitching came undone (!) at top right edge of the yolk. Will certainly get worse of time. Disappointed but have a SC appointment in a few days to evaluate/fix/replace. Let's see. Anyone else have this issue?

3) for some reason, I can't find how to activate 'creep mode' - am I missing something obvious? There isn't a 'driving' section of the settings anymore, which is where it used to be . Please advise! thnx
Creep mode is no longer available.

Yoke worm is normal. Stitching coming undone is not normal (though there have been some reports). Creep is dead, and a relic of an ICE vehicle. You’ll learn to love the Hold mode. One-pedal driving is the greatest.

Yoke (for steering) not yolk (the yellow center of an egg)

• Funny
Reactions: cwanja and impastu