Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amateur hour 😬 those are sharp edges btw and ripples throughout that section. I'm glad I won't have the car for a few days bc I don't want to harp on these things, but it really makes me wonder about overall quality.

Does everyone have that issue where the interior door trims in the rear don't line up? Did service take care of it for you?
Mine looks like that in all regards. It’s almost hilarious how bad it is, right? And that trunk paint/whatever is going on there is an abomination. My Model 3 certainly had nothing visible like this.

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
I'd also like to know if the distortion is localized.
For me it's all over the windshield in ripple/wavy patterns

Here's the video again showing the ripples I'm experiencing all over (please excuse the music):

But but how is that possible? Tesla just put out a video talking about the excellence and distortion (free) their windshield is! 🤣🤣

Go to 1:48.

Mine looks like that in all regards. It’s almost hilarious how bad it is, right? And that trunk paint/whatever is going on there is an abomination. My Model 3 certainly had nothing visible like this.
I thought I was prepared based on reading everything on tmc, but sometimes I wasn't sure if people are nitpicky or if things look as bad in person vs zoomed in pics. Well, now I'm sure, the fit/finish is glaringly bad in areas -- any layman who's ever bought a decent German car before could spot these without specifically looking for defects.

I thought I was prepared based on reading everything on tmc, but sometimes I wasn't sure if people are nitpicky or if things look as bad in person vs zoomed in pics. Well, now I'm sure, the fit/finish is glaringly bad in areas -- any layman who's ever bought a decent German car before could spot these without specifically looking for defects.
100% agreed.

Has anyone gotten their HomeLink to work successfully? 75+% of the time it starts to open my garage and then closes it again a second later. It’s so annoying! No issues with my HomeLink 2019 Model 3 for 2.5 years, and now I have to bring a garage door opener in the car again… 😞
I haven't gotten it to work at all. Says it is linked, but no response. Our Model 3 2018 works fine. Waiting to get a mobile service guy out.

Reactions: impastu and ajax85
$350? Damn, they went up $50. Highway robbery, should be included in all Tesla vehicles.
@theslimshadyist Or at least allow us to select it at order time so the damn car comes with it. Now, customers have to buy it separately, not open the box (yeah, there's a label on the box that says they won't touch it if the box is opened - guess I'll test that one out), and wait for a SC appointment week's out. Lame!

Reactions: impastu and Ohmster
Has anyone experienced this occasional popping sound - normally when accelerating / decelerating? iCloud

Taking in for service tomorrow, but wondering if anyone else has had similar issue.

I've noticed this exact subtle popping sound coming from the right side like your video. Please let me know what they say at your service appt. I've been thinking about scheduling one for it.

@theslimshadyist Or at least allow us to select it at order time so the damn car comes with it. Now, customers have to buy it separately, not open the box (yeah, there's a label on the box that says they won't touch it if the box is opened - guess I'll test that one out), and wait for a SC appointment week's out. Lame!
Completely agree, make it a menu item in the configurator.

I remember that "do not open label" on the box when it arrived and I was like, WTF??? Had to wait 2 weeks to get someone out to install the damn thing.

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
I'd also like to know if the distortion is localized.
For me it's all over the windshield in ripple/wavy patterns

Here's the video again showing the ripples I'm experiencing all over (please excuse the music):

The distortion / rippling effect in my windshield is throughout the entire lower half of the windshield. Don’t know how they missed it. I’ll try and get a picture here shortly.

I had similar issues earlier in the thread where they "fixed" the rear panel gap but really did not. Following advice here I pushed to have it referred out to a Tesla authorized body shop and now I am pending that appointment. The body shop basically said it wont be perfect but they can do better than the SCs usually.
Did your SC didn’t argue with you and say these gaps and misalignments are within Tesla specs?

Reactions: impastu
Sigh. Just went for a drive to see if my battery has stabilized and just lost all Autopilot, cruise, steering, lane markers etc. Rebooting did not fix it. I give up.

Attachments

• BDB7760A-B11A-4C59-A858-DAB781080C07.jpeg
    BDB7760A-B11A-4C59-A858-DAB781080C07.jpeg
    296.5 KB · Views: 68
Sigh. Just went for a drive to see if my battery has stabilized and just lost all Autopilot, cruise, steering, lane markers etc. Rebooting did not fix it. I give up.
@WilliamG But, did the battery stabilize?! Since the last audio firmware update, my regular FM radio randomly rewinds about one second of music and continues. Happens regularly. I thought, at first, it was a “glitch in the matrix,” or that I had a stroke…. Rebooting didn’t fix that either….