Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you try the hard reset? Press brake pedal and both scroll wheels until T emblem comes back on main screen. It’s like the Ctrl-Alt-Del of Teslas.
Yes i tried this :( Didn't have any effect. Here's the closest thing I found online of someone experiencing a similar problem (exact same problem in fact).

Found that one of the connectors at the Front Left suspension damper was unplugged. Refastened the connector and confirmed the alert was no longer present and the vehicle was functions as designed.
Is this a DIY type thing in the sense that the suspension damper plugs are easily accessible without taking the car apart? If so, where can I locate them?

Didn’t see this one yet. Not a big deal but when I first got the car it stopped and put it in hold mode nicely. Just like my MP3 did. But lately it has been rolling backwards a few inches before putting in hold if I’m on an incline.

Anyone else have this happening?
Yes I recently noticed the same. There is one intersection entering my town that has a steep incline and when I stop I see the car very slowly roll backwards slightly and then HOLD

Reactions: impastu
Yes I recently noticed the same. There is one intersection entering my town that has a steep incline and when I stop I see the car very slowly roll backwards slightly and then HOLD
I just got the car back, and really don’t want to bring it back in for this, but it seems a little weird and made me nervous the first couple times it happened. And I think it happened maybe 2 updates ago.

Reactions: MEL-22 and impastu
I just got the car back, and really don’t want to bring it back in for this, but it seems a little weird and made me nervous the first couple times it happened. And I think it happened maybe 2 updates ago.
This is a 'further observe' item for me as it consistently does HOLD with very little rollback. Sometimes things come and go with software updates so I am very tolerant with things I see unless they are safety related IE my SRS (airbag) light that has been flashing for three weeks and awaiting my 11/5 appointment !

I don’t have my Model S Plaid yet (delivery scheduled Nov 6th); however, towards the end of ownership of my MYP I noticed it started doing that as well (rolling a bit before hold engaged).

I dealt with it for a few months and it happened with a irregular frequency. It seemed to happen on certain stops more than others.

I am of the impression that it is a software bug with the tuning of when it grabs the brakes, perhaps certain inclines confuse it.

In either case a tap on the brake pedal overrides the confusion and it then held.

🤷‍♂️

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Hey everyone, here's a new one that I don't think anyone has reported yet. It could be coincidental timing, but around the time I got the latest software (2021.36.5.1), I noticed a slight but constant buzz sound coming from the left side of the yoke, where the turn signals/scroll wheel are. I first thought it was static noise coming from the speakers but it's definitely coming from the yoke. Can't hear it when the car is moving but definitely audible when stopped. Maybe it's electrical. Anyone notice the same?

I have the same exact issue, it never made this noise until I received FSD beta. I noticed the buzz sound is gone when I first get into the car and when I need to use the turn signals the sound appears and does not go away until the car goes back to sleep. I also noticed the two stage turn signal option has gone away with this latest update. I can no longer lightly press the turn signal to activate the them, just hard presses work.

I also have another issue with FSD beta regarding turn signals. Whenever FSD beta engages a turn signal and I manual disengage autopilot, the turn signal stays on regardless if I make a turn or press the turn signal to turn it off. I actually I have to press the left signal and then the right signal to turn them off, which makes me feel like an idiot when people are behind me.

Hey everyone, here's a new one that I don't think anyone has reported yet. It could be coincidental timing, but around the time I got the latest software (2021.36.5.1), I noticed a slight but constant buzz sound coming from the left side of the yoke, where the turn signals/scroll wheel are. I first thought it was static noise coming from the speakers but it's definitely coming from the yoke. Can't hear it when the car is moving but definitely audible when stopped. Maybe it's electrical. Anyone notice the same?
I also just noticed a constant buzzing sound coming from the yoke the last two days. I thought it was because I never noticed it before since it is very faint, and can only really be heard when the cabin is quiet. I also considered the possibility that it was caused by the Service Center, since they had to disassemble and reassemble my yoke to fix a front safety restraint fault, and a subsequent rubbing sound when turning the wheel past a certain point (which is still there).

I also considered the possibility that it was caused by the Service Center, since they had to disassemble and reassemble my yoke to fix a front safety restraint fault, and a subsequent rubbing sound when turning the wheel past a certain point (which is still there).
Did you by chance record the error code you were getting from the front safety restraint fault ? I have had it for three weeks and awaiting a 11/5 service appointment. They tried a mobile service appointment and the problem resolved for 3 trips then returned full time.

Reactions: impastu
I have the same exact issue, it never made this noise until I received FSD beta. I noticed the buzz sound is gone when I first get into the car and when I need to use the turn signals the sound appears and does not go away until the car goes back to sleep. I also noticed the two stage turn signal option has gone away with this latest update. I can no longer lightly press the turn signal to activate the them, just hard presses work.

I also have another issue with FSD beta regarding turn signals. Whenever FSD beta engages a turn signal and I manual disengage autopilot, the turn signal stays on regardless if I make a turn or press the turn signal to turn it off. I actually I have to press the left signal and then the right signal to turn them off, which makes me feel like an idiot when people are behind me.
For better or worse, I'm not the only one! I confirmed the behavior. When the car starts up from deep sleep, the sound is not there until I use the turn signals for the first time on a trip. Then the sound appears and stays on all the time for the rest of the trip. When the car goes back to deep sleep it "resets" and the sound stops. The double scroll wheel restart doesn't stop the sound because the car doesn't go into deep sleep as part of that process.

• Informative
Reactions: WiLz and impastu
For better or worse, I'm not the only one! I confirmed the behavior. When the car starts up from deep sleep, the sound is not there until I use the turn signals for the first time on a trip. Then the sound appears and stays on all the time for the rest of the trip. When the car goes back to deep sleep it "resets" and the sound stops. The double scroll wheel restart doesn't stop the sound because the car doesn't go into deep sleep as part of that process.
Please report this issue via the fsdbeta @ Tesla dot com email address.

Well I fixed the beeping, which embarassingly wasn’t even the car — it was the battery backup for the garage door opener.

But I still have the other remaining 3 problems. Anyone else have these or solutions?

1. sound system sounds bad and lacks bass
2. auto bright headlights are worse than the 2014 model S auto bright head lights. often not turning on or off when they should
3. microphone not working for any voice recognition or phone calls or text responses etc.

Anyone else having these issues? hopefully all software fixes but still present on 2021.36.

1. sound system still bad after latest update: no sub and no rear speakers
2. Auto headlights suck bad, they constantly blind people in front of me and flash at wrong times. my 2014 auto headlights were much better
3. microphone not working (for phone calls, for voice recognition, anything)
4. beeping from car when parked in garage

Well I fixed the beeping, which embarassingly wasn’t even the car — it was the battery backup for the garage door opener.

But I still have the other remaining 3 problems. Anyone else have these or solutions?

1. sound system sounds bad and lacks bass
2. auto bright headlights are worse than the 2014 model S auto bright head lights. often not turning on or off when they should
3. microphone not working for any voice recognition or phone calls or text responses etc.
What s/w version are you on? Sounds like issues reported prior to 2021.32 update

I have 36.5.1 now, no FSD beta (car is days old), and no buzzing.
Not sure if this is relevant to buzzing…
When I brought my Plaid in for a few minor issues including the black screens issue, I told them about another extremely intermittent issue… flickering icons on the yoke. They were not able to reproduce it, however they said that they reset “the module” and told me if it occurred again to let them know and they would replace the yoke. Was on 2021.32.22 at that time. No reoccurrence so far. Out of town without the car now. Updated to 2021.36.5.1 remotely via the app.
Anyone else experiencing flickering icons? Can’t help but think it’s related to the firmware bug causing the black screen issue.