Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did the prior generation model S mirror shake? I should compare to our model 3.
I do not recall mine shaking on my 2019 LR S. But then again, I was not looking for it.

But the fact that the passenger side does not shake means there is an issue. Although, I guess you are pointing out that there would be a long history of it shaking and it is more a "feature" than an issue at this point.

Reactions: Bitjockey
I do not recall mine shaking on my 2019 LR S. But then again, I was not looking for it.

But the fact that the passenger side does not shake means there is an issue. Although, I guess you are pointing out that there would be a long history of it shaking and it is more a "feature" than an issue at this point.

Well, it's hard to directly compare the drivers and passenger side. The same amount of shaking would appear more obvious on the driver's side vs the passenger side: "Passenger-side mirrors are curved slightly outward (convex), while driver-side mirrors are flat. Passenger-side mirrors are convex in order to give the driver a wider field of view and minimize blind spots."

Thus, the convex mirror on the passenger side would make the same amount of vibration appear to be less in the reflection.

• Informative
Reactions: cwanja
Finally bit the bullet and trimmed 3/4” off my Tesla OEM mud flaps. No more scraping every time I pull into my driveway.
With very high suspension, still only 3-1/4” ground clearance.
0EA53F40-9DE0-44F2-BE09-E977C6C2AF23.jpeg
8898955D-2D5B-4891-9C11-F73EE8B8C04D.jpeg
39AC6B0D-6E65-444E-A7F6-64F567BB56B2.jpeg
4C48FA5D-B423-4D06-89E6-55050CF8841E.jpeg

What a difference 3/4” makes;)
Did a bit more driving with the trimmed mud flaps.
Absolutely no scraping anymore. Not even over Speed Bumps.
It even used to scrape on hard turns (occasionally)
Now wondering if the effectiveness is dramatically reduced?

Finally bit the bullet and trimmed 3/4” off my Tesla OEM mud flaps. No more scraping every time I pull into my driveway.
With very high suspension, still only 3-1/4” ground clearance.
View attachment 796307View attachment 796308View attachment 796309View attachment 796310

for what it's worth, my console lights are working correctly and yoke does not buzz on my March 2022 build. I am on 2022.12.3.1.
Maybe they finally fixed these things....

I just updated to 2022.12.3.1 and the yoke buzz is gone again. However, my car hasn't gone to sleep yet. That was what brought back the buzz, so I'll wait and see after it has had a deep sleep cycle.

Reactions: cwanja
I just updated to 2022.12.3.1 and the yoke buzz is gone again. However, my car hasn't gone to sleep yet. That was what brought back the buzz, so I'll wait and see after it has had a deep sleep cycle.

And two days after the 2022.12.3.1 update, the yoke buzz is back. It seems like it comes back after the car goes into a deep sleep state and shuts down the yoke MCU. I'd guess the yoke MCU isn't getting updated correctly. It's happened to me twice now. It works for 1-2 days after the software update, then stops working correctly after the car has a chance to fully power down.

Did the prior generation model S mirror shake? I should compare to our model 3.

The other question is if the passenger side vibrates as much, but it may not be as obvious since it has a wide angle effect that reduces the effect of vibration.
The mirror did not shake in my previous two Model S cars. Luckily, it has not shaken, yet, in my current LR MS.

What a difference 3/4” makes;)
Did a bit more driving with the trimmed mud flaps.
Absolutely no scraping anymore. Not even over Speed Bumps.
It even used to scrape on hard turns (occasionally)
Now wondering if the effectiveness is dramatically reduced?
My driveway is like an arch. I have to use high suspension setting when I pull in reverse into my driveway. Now that you mention it I think my Tesla OEM mud flaps make a noise too. I have just a tad more than an inch clearance.
PXL_20220426_201142144.jpg

Reactions: Daniellane