Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently noticed that my driver's side door will take several attempts of pulling handle to open up. All other doors work fine, but drivers door will require me to pull on presented handle firmly and multiple times before opening up. It's as if the mechanism doesn't recognize the pull without a forceful pull. Will be sending in to SC for review along with other initial delivery items, but curious to know if others have experienced this.

Anything fixed in 2022.12.3.2? I'm on .1. Does the yoke still buzz?

For Sirius, check to make sure it wasn't disabled. You can hide sources now.
It seems to be just some bug fixes as the release notes did not indicate anything otherwise. I have not noticed yoke buzz. So, I can't answer that. Sorry.

I was supercharging and watching YouTube. The car started throwing a bunch of odd errors like “summon failed” (this car doesn’t even have FSD/summon enabled), “power steering disabled”, etc. It even honked on its own.

I closed out YouTube and everything went back to normal. Absolutely bizarre.

Ut-oh this is exactly the symptoms mr-dmitry has been screaming about on his Refresh X

Refreshed Tesla Model X issues: frozen camera, brake fault, high voltage system fault, etc.

Reactions: spencieboi
Does anyone have a squeaking sound coming from the driver's front suspension area when the body flexes at slow speeds? I'm suspecting it might be a body issue, not suspension, since it doesn't happen over speedbumps, only when the body seems to be torqued left-right slightly. Started recently, some time after they replaced my half shafts to try and fix the vibration. Of course, that didn't fix my vibration...

Reactions: aerodyne
@n2mb_racing I do have the slightest subtle squeak at very low speed especially when rolling out of a driveway or similar low speed maneuver with torsion of the front end. Started at about 7k miles. Too subtle at this point to expect a reliable diagnosis. Although in our X we had similar but more pronounced sound that was clearly coming from the front right suspension. SAs narrowed it down to a known issue at the top of the rocker arms. Both were replaced under warranty.

Reactions: aerodyne
@n2mb_racing I do have the slightest subtle squeak at very low speed especially when rolling out of a driveway or similar low speed maneuver with torsion of the front end. Started at about 7k miles. Too subtle at this point to expect a reliable diagnosis. Although in our X we had similar but more pronounced sound that was clearly coming from the front right suspension. SAs narrowed it down to a known issue at the top of the rocker arms. Both were replaced under warranty.
Mine started out very subtle, but now it is extremely frequent and happens on every bump that torques the front of the body. Sounds like I'm driving a rusty old pickup truck. Awesome in a 6month old $155k car....

Is this normal? What looks like a louvre is bare exposed metal:
9C82D929-523F-4266-B7CE-F35B33030946.jpeg

Wonder if it’s this.

Wonder if it’s this.

It shouldn't be. The display is just a touch screen monitor. The computer is located under the dash and is liquid cooled.

Wonder if it’s this.
It’s nothing to do with that.
Tesla’s “forced recall” is probably an OTA update that might have already gone out.

2022.12.3.3 (on Model S).