Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model S front bumper on older models

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@tiburci - do you mind commenting on the price and whether you ran into structural and / or mechanical issues before deciding to scrap the front bumper refresh? Thank you!
Sorry for the one year delay on this. I got the front bumper OEM 2021, but everything didn't match, at that time I thought. that shorter route was modifying the front bumper to fit all the securing points. using the MS2020 as a guide. Kind of making one front bumper from two using 3M 777 and fiber glass

no video. Just buy oem front fenders, hood, bumper, from Tesla. and Custom fit the rest. some cuting crash bar, make custom bracket for the front grill & headlights and wiring repins for the fog lights.
How do you get the foglight to work? I have the MX and MS are not far of a big difference beside that they don't have the amber turn signal and they used 3 pins like model 3 and Y aside from MX used 6 pins plug.

The foglight connection plug of the old and refresh MX is plug and play but they aren't program the same.

How do you get the foglight to work? I have the MX and MS are not far of a big difference beside that they don't have the amber turn signal and they used 3 pins like model 3 and Y aside from MX used 6 pins plug.

The foglight connection plug of the old and refresh MX is plug and play but they aren't program the same.

i used model x 6 pin foglight and re-pin it. because its differrent layout. because model s don't have signal on the foglight.
btw.. 3-pin is the newer can-bus style communication. similar to headlight cannot get that to work.

Reactions: taimurasad
i used model x 6 pin foglight and re-pin it. because its differrent layout. because model s don't have signal on the foglight.
btw.. 3-pin is the newer can-bus style communication. similar to headlight cannot get that to work.
So is your 6 pins MX foglight retrofit work normal with the re-pin? So your fog light now can turn on and off? What about the amber turn signal, did you not use it since MS already have the trun signal?

So is your 6 pins MX foglight retrofit work normal with the re-pin? So your fog light now can turn on and off? What about the amber turn signal, did you not use it since MS already have the trun signal?
correct. once you plug it in. its obvious that the yellow turn light up in parking light mode.
relocate the pin #2 to #1 for fog light only.
cut the wire #4, don't need that. its for the yellow - side marker. unless you want, can repin that. (see diagram)
pin #3 is parking & corner is correct. no change

Attachments

• Image 4.png
    Image 4.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 20230906_125640~2.jpg
    20230906_125640~2.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited: