Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front bumper replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hit something on the freeway the other day and it left a gouge on the side of the front bumper of my 2023 model s.

If I would like to have the bumper replaced, do I make an appointment at the service center or the collision center?

Tesla has been very backed up and will recommend you to a collision center most likely. However, as someone who had their front bumper swapped out on a Model S refresh by Tesla service multiple times: Initial damage on delivery and then multiple attempts by tesla to install without damaging the paint and edges of the bumper; I highly recommend to use a collision shop who knows what they are doing. The tesla techs don’t really care about damaging paint or aligning bumpers correctly. Most frustrating experience ever.

Tesla has been very backed up and will recommend you to a collision center most likely. However, as someone who had their front bumper swapped out on a Model S refresh by Tesla service multiple times: Initial damage on delivery and then multiple attempts by tesla to install without damaging the paint and edges of the bumper; I highly recommend to use a collision shop who knows what they are doing. The tesla techs don’t really care about damaging paint or aligning bumpers correctly. Most frustrating experience ever.
Thanks for the advice. Took the car to a collision center already.

How did they do on the install of your front bumper? My front bumper had a bad warp on the lower part and I had the body shop look into it and when they took it off the my found an extra bracket in there from the factory that was just floating around in there and it just got lodged in my front bumper.

When they put it back on I feel that it doesn’t fit as tight around the headlights anymore. How did your body shop do with yours and how much was the new bumper cover from Tesla?

How did they do on the install of your front bumper? My front bumper had a bad warp on the lower part and I had the body shop look into it and when they took it off the my found an extra bracket in there from the factory that was just floating around in there and it just got lodged in my front bumper.

When they put it back on I feel that it doesn’t fit as tight around the headlights anymore. How did your body shop do with yours and how much was the new bumper cover from Tesla?
It’s not done yet. I’m still waiting on the bumper to come in.