Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model S Fuse Box Location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are several fuse locations in my 2020 LR, under the frunk, in the left front kick panel, and in the right front kick panel. I can't imagine any other location for the fuses to be located. Where did they move the fuses in the Plaid?
That's what I'm trying to figure out. The fusebox seems to have been completely removed from the frunk. I haven't dug into the kick panels yet.

Reactions: DerbyDave
Upvote 0
Anybody yet tried to access the fuses yet in the newest model? It has moved from prior year models and the manual has no information about it.
Model 3/Y hasn't much old-school fuses anymore. Thats why it got 2 bcm's that control anything. My best guess is that they gone this way also with the 2021 S but not 100% sure. Waiting on Sandy to verify...I did buy a bumper sticker!

Upvote 0
Model 3/Y hasn't much old-school fuses anymore. Thats why it got 2 bcm's that control anything. My best guess is that they gone this way also with the 2021 S but not 100% sure. Waiting on Sandy to verify...I did buy a bumper sticker!
Hm, I'm guessing that's going to be the case with the Plaid. Have people been able to tap in anywhere on those models to get 12V switched and constant power for accessories?

Upvote 0
Hm, I'm guessing that's going to be the case with the Plaid. Have people been able to tap in anywhere on those models to get 12V switched and constant power for accessories?
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has found fusebox locations. I explored the passenger footwell area on my Plaid yesterday and can confirm there are no fuses there. I'm looking for switched and unswitched fuses to install my Thinkware U1000 front and rear dashcam. I would prefer to not have to tap wires.

• Informative
Upvote 0
That's the only wire I would feel safe in tapping. That wire is expected to power unknown things and would not be closely monitored except for overload protection. I am sure there are others, but?
I agree. I am going to forego the switched + unswitched power setup on the Thinkware U1000 for now. Will be just switched only until I find an unswitched wire that is safe to use.

Upvote 0
I am installing a radar detector in a new 2021 Model S Plaid and have encountered the same thing others in this string have. No 12v fuse box, all e-fuses now. And I don't want to tap any of the many existing wires which go to who knows what. I am going to connect to the 12v cigarete lighter, low in the center console, (behind a little snap shut door) and pull the wire through the center console, route it under the dash, up the drivers side A pillar, across the top of the windshield and install beside the rear view mirror.

Upvote 0
Ingineerix on Youtube has been doing some great Model S Plaid teardown videos recently, including on the E-fuse mosfets on the various boards in the front of the car. Also on youtube, Ryan Huber (the mad lad who has put working stalks and a proper wheel on his Plaid ) has done great some great videos and work diging around in the center console and the various connectors available in there. Watching his videos may very well will give you a source of 12V to access.

Upvote 0