Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hah so I went through e-mails and found the last one I got (I ordered online and have never actually spoken to a person about the order, only e-mails) and replied to that, and it bounced back immediately as undeliverable so apparently this was good advice 😅

I guess I'll call the store and try to talk to a person next. Any experience with the Westchase location?
Caution with the Westchase location - they had a small Supercharger fire on Tuesday or Monday. I would try North location.

Got the VIN this morning! June 26th - 28th delivery
Congrats! Good to hear LR VINs are being assigned in NC. I am just a few hours east of you (Raleigh) - RN 1142 (Dec 11 order); current status is still BLANK.. I'm not holding my breath for June at this point, particularly since I have not seen many White exterior LRs in the flyover videos, but perhaps I will hear some positive news late June for an early July shipment. 🤞

And I look forward to us cheap bastards who did not order FSD or arachnids to start receiving VINs. At least I am on the east coast, which is starting to sound like an advantage.

I didn't get FSD or arachnids. I wanted range and comfort and I'll invest the 10k until FSD is good enough and buy it later. I think I'm going to remove the hubcaps and powder coat the 19's.

Placed my order last night. The estimate was Sept-Oct and now it's showing October. My fingers are crossed that it moves up to Aug-Sept. But I probably shouldn't hold my breath. I got a LR with 19" rims in blue.
Congrats on your order and welcome!!! I definitely wouldn't hold my breath as it's quite a backlog of orders, even people who placed their order in Oct 2020 or earlier are still waiting. But you never know since it's based on your config, location, etc.

Reactions: Aplus2005
Caution with the Westchase location - they had a small Supercharger fire on Tuesday or Monday. I would try North location.

Hah yikes! Well I called and they confirmed that I have a reservation still, everything is ready, just waiting on a car. According to the nice lady on the phone they've only made 25 so far, for the launch event, but production is ramping up! and I should probably have it by September 😄

Reactions: cwanja
It is just amazing all the different stories that we hear from the sales advisors. There is a bit of Truth to each of them. But based on what is posted here we know most of them do not have a clue. This is very frustrating.

Based on everything I was getting optimistic again until I talk to myself advisor today and the doubt that he has and the lack of information just kicks me back into it.

Hah yikes! Well I called and they confirmed that I have a reservation still, everything is ready, just waiting on a car. According to the nice lady on the phone they've only made 25 so far, for the launch event, but production is ramping up! and I should probably have it by September 😄
Hope for your 2020 delivery you get it sooner than September.

Reactions: Danlbrau
It is just amazing all the different stories that we hear from the sales advisors. There is a bit of Truth to each of them. But based on what is posted here we know most of them do not have a clue. This is very frustrating.

Based on everything I was getting optimistic again until I talk to myself advisor today and the doubt that he has and the lack of information just kicks me back into it.
Didn’t you get a text yesterday saying to prepare for imminent delivery?

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
Glad to see this thread. The signal to noise ratio here is much better than the main Model S delivery discussion.

My reservation delivery status has been blank since March, except for 1 day last month it said June.

I haven't seen any reds with VIN yet, and not many white interiors. That may be working against me.

Is there a consistent method of knowing when delivery will be? Text message ? Email? Keep checking account status 5x per day ?

Dec 20 order / RN 11431 / Red / White / 19" / FSD

Glad to see this thread. The signal to noise ratio here is much better than the main Model S delivery discussion.

My reservation delivery status has been blank since March, except for 1 day last month it said June.

I haven't seen any reds with VIN yet, and not many white interiors. That may be working against me.

Is there a consistent method of knowing when delivery will be? Text message ? Email? Keep checking account status 5x per day ?

Dec 20 order / RN 11431 / Red / White / 19" / FSD
I'm afraid so - you've got two counts going against you: red exterior and white interior. I haven't seen very many red MS's in the flyovers and my guess is that those are Plaids. Elsewhere someone remarked that Tesla manufactures in batches and hopefully it will schedule a red batch in July. Apparently red is the most time-consuming color to produce and if Tesla's pushing end-of-month deliveries, we are SOL.

Reactions: reddy
Hope for your 2020 delivery you get it sooner than September.

Me too! When I got the used S I have now, in April, my assumption was that I'd get the real (?) one in August. There's still hope for that! I'll be happy if it's sooner, but am not likely to cancel the order or anything if it's later (within reason, I mean). The 2018 Model S is a really nice car and a huge step up from any other car I've ever owned, by any metric I care about [1], so I'm not in a specific rush.

The SA I talked to was friendly enough, but I don't think she had any better information than any of the rest of us. I would wager that if an SA surfs these forums in their downtime, they're a lot more interesting to talk to - and probably more informed - but you can't blame anyone for not having official information and not wanting to theorize beyond what they hear from Official Channels (even if that's the Plaid release event).

So yeah, this is why I hadn't bothered calling so far, but it is comforting to know that they do have me on the list still. My current S turned from black to blue on the account website last time it was on the fritz and hasn't changed back, so having someone confirm that I have a valid RN and will eventually receive a car was nice.

[1] There was a Cadillac ad a while back that said something along the lines of "when you turn on your car, does it return the favor?" I think about that every time I get in this S and drive it. Based on the reactions of people who have actually received refresh cars, I'm gonna have to wear loose-fitting pants for a while after this refresh is delivered 😄

• Funny
Reactions: (crunch) and cwanja