Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To make you all maybe feel better my initial updates said delivery in June, then June 23rd to 30th and then blank, then July and then blank again. This morning it said June before I got the VIN assigned. The randomness of the delivery window is crazy but it should give the people with blank frames some hope.
Quick question - when you get a VIN assigned, do you get an email or something, or you just hit refresh on the Tesla's website to find out that you got a VIN assigned?

Also it seems most people have a SA contact...I don't. Nobody ever reached out. Any idea what might be up with that?

Yes I did. I talked to him today about an account item and he seemed like he did not know texts were sent or if/when a car was coming. Just discouraging. But I still feel it is close so I am good.

If it makes you feel any better, I missed a voicemail yesterday from Tesla and I called back the Delivery number and the dude I spoke with was just as clueless... then 15 minutes after I hung up with him, a woman spoke with me that provided much more clear guidance:

1) We think your LR is going to come in June; there's a good chance that it will arrive, 2) Are you ready to receive as soon as it does?

I am sitting with a "June" delivery date in my account, and still without a VIN. Having said that, based on my conversation, I am fully anticipating receiving my LR this month...

I think @Tigers would lose it. First the tilt screen (maybe), then the ANC (kind of), and then red color... Just sayin'

I think we’re safe. I don’t think he’s found this thread yet. 😀

Welp @GrnSqrl - Hayseed did you all dirty

I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled it at this point "red was way too hard to do, plus no boomers wanted it on their cars"

Welp @GrnSqrl - Hayseed did you all dirty

I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled it at this point "red was way too hard to do, plus no boomers wanted it on their cars"
I love the red color. I love it even more with white interior. But I have learned something about red cars over the years. Nothing says "Give me a ticket officer" more than a red car. My fathers law firm did a study on it and it is true. Navy blue is least likely to be pulled over by police or at least that was true in the late 1980's.

My first car when I got my drivers license was bright red. I loved it. Thank goodness I was still living at home and my dad was a criminal attorney. Here's a pic of my car and colors. Not my exact car (The pic came from the Maserati brochure), but same colors on my 1971. that was an outrageous car. I had a couple other red cars I also really loved. I think it is the best looking color that Tesla makes.

Attachments

• IMG_2972.jpeg
    IMG_2972.jpeg
    529.7 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: BarbJohn and Tigers
Personally I'd prefer we left the chit chat to minimum as it just becomes a bloody mess like the other thread. I don't know why folks feel the need to chime in 10 times a day when they don't have any update to their status. (I realize in writing to this I am now contributing to the problem). We're 16 pages in and I think we've only seen 2 people say they have VINs....

Personally I'd prefer we left the chit chat to minimum as it just becomes a bloody mess like the other thread. I don't know why folks feel the need to chime in 10 times a day when they don't have any update to their status. (I realize in writing to this I am now contributing to the problem). We're 16 pages in and I think we've only seen 2 people say they have VINs....
Adds a bit of camaraderie and provides a forum for similarly situated buyers in the community. :)

Quick question - when you get a VIN assigned, do you get an email or something, or you just hit refresh on the Tesla's website to find out that you got a VIN assigned?

Also it seems most people have a SA contact...I don't. Nobody ever reached out. Any idea what might be up with that?
I got a text yesterday saying that I can expect delivery this month. This morning I got an email saying to review the financial terms and then I just logged into the tesla account and saw the VIN.

As for the SA, he has been useless. I even texted him two days ago about updates and he offered nothing new. So I don't think the SA will help or get you moving forward in the delivery process.