Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, I did not upload insurance (in TX which required a VIN to update insurance) and it did not impeded my delivery.
Right, I didn't either for my previous two, my state also requires VIN (FL). But it isn't gonna hurt anything for those who did. Just won't make their car come any faster, sadly!

Reactions: Ormond
So I went to a Bay Area dealer because I had to go see a yoke wheel. They had a number on the lot and one of the workers let me sit in one! Yoke definitely feels wide and pretty low -- feels like it'll take some getting used to.

Most importantly, he told me that he's personally seen a few 19" wheel Model S's on the lot! They do exist! Let's hope the August flow is real.

Not actually true, as in most states I think, you need a VIN in order to get insurance. My SA told me not to complete anything until we have a VIN.

So basically select cash then have the SA change it when delivery is scheduled?

My SA had me leave it blank until we are close to delivery. That's also how it worked the last two times I ordered.

My 3rd and 4th Tesla is on reservation. I set it as cash until I get a VIN, then do my financing. Works Perfectly every time.

In earlier post, SA told to upload current insurance to process it faster even though you don't have assigned VIN yet.

They want you to upload current policy, current car, insurance company and agent if applicable. Day of delivery is the switch to Tesla which they walk you through or you do on your own with your insurance agent like any other new car. But the previous poster is right. Part of the ordering specs is completing current insurance and upload proof. Why it matters I don’t know. My SA advised me to do same. Under insurance, once uploaded, you get a big ☑️ for completing next to “insurance“ as a step in the ordering and buying process under your account.
For what it’s worth, I was sitting on the finance selection option for about 24 hours before Fremont told me to select ‘cash’ to lock in my order. They never said upload anything related to insurance to ‘complete your profile’. Never the less, I went ahead and uploaded my current insurance for my wife’s Honda Pilot since my S is sold. Has made no difference as far as I can tell.

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
For what it’s worth, I was sitting on the finance selection option for about 24 hours before Fremont told me to select ‘cash’ to lock in my order. They never said upload anything related to insurance to ‘complete your profile’. Never the less, I went ahead and uploaded my current insurance for my wife’s Honda Pilot since my S is sold. Has made no difference as far as I can tell.
Well you have a June order. Prob not going to make a difference at this point yet.

Reactions: Tigers and cwanja
This is my next move …

Attachments

• 633608E7-0CCA-4328-ACEA-55F861E69A9B.gif
    633608E7-0CCA-4328-ACEA-55F861E69A9B.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 123
LR 19 blue and white? I have the exact same config but August date and 1147
Blue and cream with autopilot and FSD. It originally said June then blank then July and then in middle of June blank again and been blank since. The only time we heard from our sales associate was when they called asking if we had trade in (we don't). Since then we've heard nothing, left messages for SA but no call backs. Tried the chat function, they know nothing but they try to sell us solar. LOL Customer service is nonexistent just as everyone else says on here. Kind of ridiculous imo, but hey still looking forward to getting the car hopefully before the new year. lol

Reactions: d1ez3
Just sharing - my SA @ Bellevue Square (has been super awesome so far) told me to complete the first part of profile (registration, delivery location, etc.) ASAP and confirmed to me various times (both in email and in person) that my profile looks great in system; in fact, he even showed his UI to me. I still haven’t completed the insurance section so really don’t think the insurance section blocks delivery. Anyways - I also don’t think it hurts to upload insurance info either.

PS - my June order RN11513 has Oct in both SA’s view and my view. And was told to expect delivery around end of Sept; more info should be available around early Sept.