Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve completed everything except proof of insurance (no VIN, no insurance). That shouldn’t delay anything, correct?
In early July, I spoke with a SA that suggested all the paperwork needed was good to go.
Take a pic of your current insurance and upload it. Replace the info with new insurance after you get your vin.

edit: way too slow. You guys are on point.

Reactions: FrenchB4
Someone visits this forum but doesn't actually read it. Lol. Lots of times it's been discussed here that you have to be at a completed profile and cash is the best option. Without a complete profile they assume you're not actually serious about getting the car.
It appears that yes you need to complete your profile now or else you’ll be stuck in limbo like me. Though I don’t understand why I kept getting an August EDD. I never had to do this when I made my reservation with the M3. I did not complete the financing application until I was notified by Tesla that my car would be ready soon and to prepare for payment.
Dumb question but how do you put in the insurance without a vin?

Reactions: doubleshot
SLR | Black | White/Black | 19" | SLR | RN1143 | 2/10/21

No delivery dates ever posted online for my Model S until July 10-11 when Tesla posted "Estimated Delivery: July". Two days of bliss ended when the entire line was removed and no delivery date has been shown since. Tesla wall connector was installed in March... still waiting.
I ordered on the same date.k
We ordered the first week of January 2021, and have alternated between an EDD month (no dates; just the name of the month) and blank. In mid-July, the EDD was “July”. On August 1st, it went back to blank. Today, for the first time, we have a specific date range: August 22 - September 05.

I had visited our local Tesla store about ten days ago, and spoke to someone who looked up our order and said that it was in Build Planning at that point. He said we should expect about 2 weeks for Build Planning, 2 weeks for actual manufacturing and another 2 weeks for shipping to Chicago. Adding 6 weeks to the date of my visit to the Tesla store, puts our delivery expectation right within our current August 22 - September 05 EDD window. We are hopeful that this might mean they are getting a better grip on realistic delivery expectations. Fingers crossed!
Which location did you visit? I went to the showroom in the Gold Coast but they didn’t have much information. My pickup will be in Highland Park but I’ve never been there and anytime I’ve ever tried to call no one Answers the phone at that location.

Thanks all for the tips on uploading current insurance.

One question though, I don’t have an insurance “agent,” nor does my insurance company have a general email address. I just entered “[email protected]” for the mandatory agent email field. Hopefully, the Tesla gatekeepers don’t ding me for that one.
I just gave them the usaa general email

Reactions: FrenchB4
Models S deliveries now look to be competing with the X as first delivery of Model X sighted by @ryguyc in Florida on delivery truck

Attachments

• F39FB04B-410C-4851-A47B-E3ABDFE282DA.jpeg
    F39FB04B-410C-4851-A47B-E3ABDFE282DA.jpeg
    543.1 KB · Views: 93
Thrilled to hear you have an EDD window. FYI for others (from what information I’ve gathered hanging around here) build planning appears to be a limbo stage. Just because you’re in build planning doesn’t mean Tesla is doing anything with your order.

But because you have an EDD window I would imagine your build planning has resulted in a soft match. Hope you get your car even sooner!
It appears that once a reservation has been made, the order status becomes “build planning”

I personally can’t see that many plaids with 19s. I hope I’m right 🤞
Yeah I predicted that when there were no 19inch vin yet and the predictions were saying they would start sending them out in September. Im happy people started receiving their VIN numbers for the 19 inch wheels. If the pattern goes the same with the June 10th rollout, with only plaid the first 2-3 weeks, then we should start receiving our VIN early September 🙂 very exciting.

MSLR RN 1145 OD 2/20/21 Blue/Black/19/FSD EDD Blank (since mid May) Denver, CO

I haven’t been on this site for a couple weeks. Had an injury that had me in bed for 10 days. I am horrified to see all this crap still happening. I waited from 12/15 to 6/30th for delivery and there were many times I almost hit the cancel button.

What shocks me the most is that they were delivering cars. I am first time ev and Tesla owner. My car is flawless and I am still excited every time I drive it. Never thought I would feel this way about an electric sedan.
When I saw dates today for new orders being March April I almost sugared my pants.

All I can say is I feel your pain. When I received mine the only things that seemed to be holding up deliveries were Red exterior or 19” wheels. What is the hold up now.

Cross-posting from the main thread:

Based on the entries in the second tab of the tracking sheet, I'm seeing some interesting trends:
  • 19" wheel orders are starting to get 2-week (or narrower) EDDs, which I've highlighted in light grey, and even some VINs (highlighted in yellow)
  • Most of these orders are for black or cream interiors and wood trim, very few CF at all (just one at the moment), and no white interiors
  • Exterior colors are a mix and match, though interestingly no whites (this will further infuriate @umair239 - sorry dude)
  • A fair number of LR models are getting built with 19" wheels, not all or mostly Plaids
  • Despite the small sample sizes, those getting narrow EDDs and/or VINs tend to be grouped around the same order date/RN
To me, this indicates the following (again, based on small sample sizes, so to be taken with a grain of salt):
  1. 19" wheels are finally being produced in decent volumes
  2. CF trim is still sparse, possibly from supply issues (e.g. CF spoiler is backordered)
  3. White interiors are not being produced in volume at the moment
PS: this sheet is regularly sorted by RN then by order date, so if your recent entry is no longer at the bottom, look for it further up

Awesome summary - I am a bit new to Tesla and had added my delivery info to this Google doc: Teslike Model S/X Order Tracker

Is there a separate entry form or should I just add in my info at the bottom also?

I haven’t been on this site for a couple weeks. Had an injury that had me in bed for 10 days. I am horrified to see all this crap still happening. I waited from 12/15 to 6/30th for delivery and there were many times I almost hit the cancel button.

What shocks me the most is that they were delivering cars. I am first time ev and Tesla owner. My car is flawless and I am still excited every time I drive it. Never thought I would feel this way about an electric sedan.
When I saw dates today for new orders being March April I almost sugared my pants.

All I can say is I feel your pain. When I received mine the only things that seemed to be holding up deliveries were Red exterior or 19” wheels. What is the hold up now.
For LR is seeming like white interiors. Plus the battle against Plaids for 19 rims.