Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just visited the SC in the new city I just moved to. SA said my profile hadn’t been submitted and he thinks that’s why I hadn’t been “soft matched.” He completed it for me by selecting that I’d pay cash for the car and it now says “December-January” EDD. I’m so pissed

Cross-posting from the main thread:

Based on the entries in the second tab of the tracking sheet, I'm seeing some interesting trends:
  • 19" wheel orders are starting to get 2-week (or narrower) EDDs, which I've highlighted in light grey, and even some VINs (highlighted in yellow)
  • Most of these orders are for black or cream interiors and wood trim, very few CF at all (just one at the moment), and no white interiors
  • Exterior colors are a mix and match, though interestingly no whites (this will further infuriate @umair239 - sorry dude)
  • A fair number of LR models are getting built with 19" wheels, not all or mostly Plaids
  • Despite the small sample sizes, those getting narrow EDDs and/or VINs tend to be grouped around the same order date/RN
To me, this indicates the following (again, based on small sample sizes, so to be taken with a grain of salt):
  1. 19" wheels are finally being produced in decent volumes
  2. CF trim is still sparse, possibly from supply issues (e.g. CF spoiler is backordered)
  3. White interiors are not being produced in volume at the moment
PS: this sheet is regularly sorted by RN then by order date, so if your recent entry is no longer at the bottom, look for it further up

Just visited the SC in the new city I just moved to. SA said my profile hadn’t been submitted and he thinks that’s why I hadn’t been “soft matched.” He completed it for me by selecting that I’d pay cash for the car and it now says “December-January” EDD. I’m so pissed
Someone visits this forum but doesn't actually read it. Lol. Lots of times it's been discussed here that you have to be at a completed profile and cash is the best option. Without a complete profile they assume you're not actually serious about getting the car.

Cross-posting from the main thread:

Based on the entries in the second tab of the tracking sheet, I'm seeing some interesting trends:
  • 19" wheel orders are starting to get 2-week (or narrower) EDDs, which I've highlighted in light grey, and even some VINs (highlighted in yellow)
  • Most of these orders are for black or cream interiors and wood trim, very few CF at all (just one at the moment), and no white interiors
  • Exterior colors are a mix and match, though interestingly no whites (this will further infuriate @umair239 - sorry dude)
  • A fair number of LR models are getting built with 19" wheels, not all or mostly Plaids
  • Despite the small sample sizes, those getting narrow EDDs and/or VINs tend to be grouped around the same order date/RN
To me, this indicates the following (again, based on small sample sizes, so to be taken with a grain of salt):
  1. 19" wheels are finally being produced in decent volumes
  2. CF trim is still sparse, possibly from supply issues (e.g. CF spoiler is backordered)
  3. White interiors are not being produced in volume at the moment
PS: this sheet is regularly sorted by RN then by order date, so if your recent entry is no longer at the bottom, look for it further up

GREAT info. Marc; thx for posting!!

Anyone know how EV tax credit works in the new infrastructure bill? Lots of EV related items in this bill, previously there was talk of 12.5k credit for made in USA EVs and removing the cap on EVs sold.
Even if it were in there. They'd purposely exclude Tesla because they're not union and don't bribe officials with campaign contributions.

Reactions: cwanja and Jjc8
I was an excited boy a few weeks ago the last 5 days have been crazy...

RN1149 - Red,21, black int

A few weeks delivery Aug16th-30th
Call SE he says Aug 23rd..
The last few days...
  • October
  • Blank
  • September
  • Blank
  • SA says /shrug now....
That sucks. This does make me feel just (a little bit) better about never having a hard date range. My RN1151 has only bounced between October and blank.