Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi guys and I am so excited to join this group. I ordered my LR model S early may and got an initial EDD of sept that got pushed to dec jan then back to nov then nov dec and not dec.
I am starting to have a feeling I am not going to get my ride any time soon. Anyone on this group that ordered an LR ever got their car?
yes many people. scroll the history for pics, etc.

hi guys and I am so excited to join this group. I ordered my LR model S early may and got an initial EDD of sept that got pushed to dec jan then back to nov then nov dec and not dec.
I am starting to have a feeling I am not going to get my ride any time soon. Anyone on this group that ordered an LR ever got their car?
Please read 603 previous pages. There are plenty of deliveries. You will get yours.

Nope, there is a long line of folks waiting for our MSLR. My current EDD of 7 thus far is 27 Nov - 25 Dec. I will be surprised if this EDD holds given history.

Guess you'll just have to read the past 12060 posts to find out!

Nope, there is a long line of folks waiting for our MSLR. My current EDD of 7 thus far is 27 Nov - 25 Dec. I will be surprised if this EDD holds given history.
That is a really misleading comment, especially quoting the original question "anyone on this group that ordered an LR ever get their car?"

Plenty of LR people have taken delivery. Whether it is May orders or not, plenty have. Orders both prior to May and after May.

Ok, there have been deliveries, but also a very long line of people like me, waiting. I am long time owner, and enthusiast. This has definitely been the worse experience of three previous Tesla's thus far.

Ok, there have been deliveries, but also a very long line of people like me, waiting. I am long time owner, and enthusiast. This has definitely been the worse experience of three previous Tesla's thus far.

I wonder if the reservation number has any relation to the number of cars which will be made/delivered (this was probably answered at some point years ago haha).

If I have RN1158xxxxx and someone has RN1150xxxxx, that's 800,000 cars in between. I'm sure the number naming convention is shared by all Tesla models, but somehow I don't think there are 800K cars between me and Mr. RN1150 especially since I've seen a lot of RN114xxxxx too :p.

I wonder if the reservation number has any relation to the number of cars which will be made/delivered (this was probably answered at some point years ago haha).

If I have RN1158xxxxx and someone has RN1150xxxxx, that's 800,000 cars in between. I'm sure the number naming convention is shared by all Tesla models, but somehow I don't think there are 800K cars between me and Mr. RN1150 especially since I've seen a lot of RN114xxxxx too :p.
I placed an order for Plaid+ in September 2020. That is the car I wanted with the 4680 batteries. I was admittedly late to change that order to LR and accept that the line is long based on reservation number. My SA has not been straight up with me and after 7 EDD changes, I believe I have a right to complain. I am not trying to pick a fight as you seem to want to do.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ohmster and scrapps
I placed an order for Plaid+ in September 2020. That is the car I wanted with the 4680 batteries. I was admittedly late to change that order to LR and accept that the line is long based on reservation number. My SA has not been straight up with me and after 7 EDD changes, I believe I have a right to complain. I am not trying to pick a fight as you seem to want to do.

Wait what? I'm just making a comment on reservation numbers. Complain all you want, I don't care.

I placed an order just last week so I have a very long time to wait too.

BTW, I didn't think any of the S models are slated for the 4680 batteries yet?

Wait what? I'm just making a comment on reservation numbers. Complain all you want, I don't care.

I placed an order just last week so I have a very long time to wait too.

BTW, I didn't think any of the S models are slated for the 4680 batteries yet?
I certainly know that the LR does not have 4680 batteries. That is why I waited to place my LR order, hoping that the Plaid would have the 4680's. That was not to be so that is when I opted for the LR. I expect at some point when 4680 batteries ramp up we will see a LR with 4680 batteries offered.

Order is a 1155, so December seems unlikely.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if anyone who ordered earlier than October gets their MS (or the ability to take delivery of one) at the end of Q4/year. It seems as though they have ramped up production this quarter for the MS. Might be some optimism in that, but from recent things it seems like that is the most likely scenario.

Reactions: EVTag
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if anyone who ordered earlier than October gets their MS (or the ability to take delivery of one) at the end of Q4/year. It seems as though they have ramped up production this quarter for the MS. Might be some optimism in that, but from recent things it seems like that is the most likely scenario.
Don't you mean "later" than October. Lots of people who have ordered "earlier" than October have taken delivery already.

I certainly know that the LR does not have 4680 batteries. That is why I waited to place my LR order, hoping that the Plaid would have the 4680's. That was not to be so that is when I opted for the LR. I expect at some point when 4680 batteries ramp up we will see a LR with 4680 batteries offered.
I wouldn’t expect 4680’s in MS until 2023. Y/CT/Semi will have priority in 2022.

Reactions: Davidrun2B