Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I certainly know that the LR does not have 4680 batteries. That is why I waited to place my LR order, hoping that the Plaid would have the 4680's. That was not to be so that is when I opted for the LR. I expect at some point when 4680 batteries ramp up we will see a LR with 4680 batteries offered.
First vehicles to get 4680s will be Ys produced in Berlin for the Euro market Won't see 4680s in the USA for another 2-3 years according to my SA.

can I ask a favor
I know there are thousands of posts regarding deliveries of LR MS. I kindly ask to know the majority of current or recent deliveries are for what order dates ranges. Cause when i read that a nov 20 order got delivered yesterday and a jan order has EED in nov I felt my may order will take six month more at least to the point I am thinking of buying a 2020 MS and trading it in for the new one when it comes out. I really appreciate your input and advise.

can I ask a favor
I know there are thousands of posts regarding deliveries of LR MS. I kindly ask to know the majority of current or recent deliveries are for what order dates ranges. Cause when i read that a nov 20 order got delivered yesterday and a jan order has EED in nov I felt my may order will take six month more at least to the point I am thinking of buying a 2020 MS and trading it in for the new one when it comes out. I really appreciate your input and advise.
No one can give you those exact specifics.
1. RNs and deliveries do not sync and equate to deliveries.
2. Deliveries depend on a ton - logistics, parts, factory input and output, etc. Without your order details, beyond the month you ordered, no one can help you.

With a May order, you probably are looking at a November or December delivery, baring no part shortage issues (namely the white seats, which is also getting better). Tesla has every incentive to deliver you a car and consider it for Q4 financials.

Yes, there are a lot of orders and there have been a lot of deliveries.
Deliveries depend on location, configuration, order date, etc.
Patience, grasshopper.
Yep, when I misspoke that there were no deliveries, I actually meant there were precious few deliveries here in Washington State/Seattle/Edmonds area where I live I agree, patience is necessary, but I sold my 2015 MS85D in August after my SA told me I would get a LR delivery soon. He misspoke and after 7 EDD changes, I am still waiting without a car and my wife is getting a little tired of me borrowing her M3 for errands/trips. Hopefully, I will get a VIN soon. I am excited every time I hear of someone getting a VIN. Can't wait to take delivery and know this will be a great vehicle, but the long wait is killing me. I absolutely loved my two previous MS's.

No one can give you those exact specifics.
1. RNs and deliveries do not sync and equate to deliveries.
2. Deliveries depend on a ton - logistics, parts, factory input and output, etc. Without your order details, beyond the month you ordered, no one can help you.

With a May order, you probably are looking at a November or December delivery, baring no part shortage issues (namely the white seats, which is also getting better). Tesla has every incentive to deliver you a car and consider it for Q4 financials.
I am a May order and I expect, given all of the hoops and EDD changes, and this forum feedback, that I will finally get my Tesla Model S LR by year end...as a 2022 model. Six month delivery timeframes is what seems to be the general expected delivery window for orders today as well...notwithstanding various supplies issues...and building demand for a low volume Tesla compared to the Model 3 and Y...in my opionion...

can I ask a favor
Check out this post, it links to a spreadsheet where others have added details and status of their orders. 2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

I am a May order and I expect, given all of the hoops and EDD changes, and this forum feedback, that I will finally get my Tesla Model S LR by year end...as a 2022 model. Six month delivery timeframes is what seems to be the general expected delivery window for orders today as well...notwithstanding various supplies issues...and building demand for a low volume Tesla compared to the Model 3 and Y...in my opionion...
8 months and counting...

Reactions: Pdubs
11 months and counting

Reactions: Pdubs and Btrflyl8e