Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to stir up the pot, but just talked to a friend of mine. She lives in San Diego and just picked up her Plaid yesterday. MSM with cream interior.

Want to guess when she ordered? Oct. 27th. Either she got someone else’s reject or Tesla is truly prioritizing Plaid over LR

Completely luck. Someone refused to take delivery. Tesla will go to the next person in line with the same configuration at that location. They will not nor does it make sense to ship the car to a different location to full fill the next order number. Especially if it on the other side of the country.

Of course they are. Why wouldn’t they?

I think we can get mixed up here in this thread around what we are all mad about. I thought we were mad that Tesla is the absolute pits at communication, routinely changes EDDs with no explanation, and it’s impossible to get a human to explain to you what’s happening. I guess I’m also a little annoyed at being delayed from September to November.

On the other hand, being mad about Tesla prioritizing higher margin products doesn’t seem fair. Especially because they have continued to honor sales agreements made at substantially lower prices. I am not a lawyer but nothing in my order agreement suggests to me Tesla can’t unilaterally change the price.

In summary: be mad at the chaos and disorganization! Don’t be mad at capitalism (or, I mean, be mad at it, whatever, just seems tiring).
I’m not mad at all for them doing this. Just adding what I’m hearing as far as data goes.

I’ve noticed they’ve been doing this but now it’s just apparent. It’s also very possible it’s someone rejected car/couldn’t afford it and she just happened to get lucky. No rhyme or reason for how Tesla operates

Reactions: Bleedblue82
Not to stir up the pot, but just talked to a friend of mine. She lives in San Diego and just picked up her Plaid yesterday. MSM with cream interior.

Want to guess when she ordered? Oct. 27th. Either she got someone else’s reject or Tesla is truly prioritizing Plaid over LR
theres no point calling out tesla here youll just get dislikes from the fan boys like cwanj who think this way of running a business is the norm

• Funny
Reactions: cwanja
Rolled the dice and emailed my delivery location today. They responded that they are expecting my car to arrive in mid-December despite my EDD of 11/10 to 12/5. So I'd expect another bump of my EDD, and while I'm excited by a '22 VIN (not sure why), I feat that an east coast delivery will get de-prioritized for EOQ.

• Informative
Reactions: optimus_prime
Rolled the dice and emailed my delivery location today. They responded that they are expecting my car to arrive in mid-December despite my EDD of 11/10 to 12/5. So I'd expect another bump of my EDD, and while I'm excited by a '22 VIN (not sure why), I feat that an east coast delivery will get de-prioritized for EOQ.
Same experience (and same DC I believe). "Your EDD is when your car will be manufactured, then add 14 to ship." OK, maybe you guys could do that on your side? Y'know... Estimated DELIVERY date...?

What benefit is getting the 2022 model vs 2021 other than it being a year newer?
Resale value. Even though we all know there is almost no difference between a car produced last week and this week, it still gets factored into valuation later on because that's just how the rest of the automotive industry works.

A couple grand of resale value? I imagine from an actual driving experience it means very little. But, 3-5 years from now, there will be a price difference between a ‘21 VIN and a ‘22 VIN. That doesn’t really matter to me THAT much, but hey, if we’re literally days away from getting a ‘22, then I see the argument. I’d rather get a 11/1 build with a ‘22 than a 10/30 build with a ‘21. I would not reject a ‘21 if offered to me.
What benefit is getting the 2022 model vs 2021 other than it being a year newer?

Where'd you get their email?
Find Us | Tesla Click on the location and there will be an email there.

You can also call, but it will route to Tesla corporate. If you do that, ask to get the contact info for your SA. You can reach out to them directly in the future. But if they suck (they're not all winners...), just use the phone number to contact corporate again. Most of the SA pool that picks up the corporate phones are pretty good.

Just visited my local Tesla store hoping an in-person visit might lead to more information. Sadly, not the case. I'm an early April order and current EDD is Jan8-Feb9. The SA I spoke with told me it was because MSM is the most popular color. I have been assuming it was the 21" wheels as most of the deliveries I see in this forum are 19's.
Is anyone aware of any MSM deliveries with 21's?
Glad to see some action for early 2021 orders!

Order 4/4/21, MSLR, MSM/blk/21 no FSD

Reactions: Air Wind
No, if it gets built in late November / early December, it will be trucked / trained to East coast for a mid-December delivery. Cars on the west coast get built literally days before EoQ due to no logistics.

OK I have not posted in quite a while. I picked up my care over a month ago ( I know RN1152 - i am extremely lucky) but had to take it to Tesla today for some minor fixes. Nothing I was unhappy about. I was given a loaner car a 2019 100D and after driving the refresh there is no comparison to even that car. One of the biggest surprises to me is how much I missed the YOKE steering wheel and the turn signals. I WAS SHOCKED. I was really worried about both those and now it is second hand. So for those worried about the Yoke... don't you will love it. That is all for now!

Just visited my local Tesla store hoping an in-person visit might lead to more information. Sadly, not the case. I'm an early April order and current EDD is Jan8-Feb9. The SA I spoke with told me it was because MSM is the most popular color. I have been assuming it was the 21" wheels as most of the deliveries I see in this forum are 19's.

I'd say 21' wheels. Your config is same as mine other than the wheels. My EDD is now 12/22 - 12/31, I ordered late June.

What’s your first couple digits of order number? Mines RN1151, order 6/16/21, MSLR, MSM/black/21 with FSD. EDD of 11/22-12/24

Reactions: Woodchuck