Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We all moan and complain but are not willing to leave the table - so why would Tesla care to make changes? it makes for good catharsis but overwhelming demand carrys the day for the company
I judge this company by how they treat their customers when they're in a position like this. It's one thing to push customer satisfaction when you're desperately clawing for survival. It's another when you're on top. Don't forget - not prioritizing the customer is why a lot of us dislike OEMs. Profits aren't the only thing that matters to their long term health. If they keep acting like this, over time, Tesla will form a similar reputation.

What really upsets me is how someone like iJustine can order a Plaid and get it the SAME DAY while I have been waiting for an LR for going on 5 months now when the original estimate was 3. If it gets pushed back another 2 months like what is happening to a lot of people I am going to be very upset. I sold my car early (3P) expecting an at least somewhat accurate timeframe. Being 6 months off is not OK when Plaid customers get their cars in weeks. Yes, yes, I know many of you have been waiting longer.

Dead inside for what? Why doesn't anyone read things here. Sure some people are getting their cars with higher RNs, just be happy you ordered and they actually were building cars. Lots of us ordered way back when there was only a promise of production. And many are still waiting. Jan 13-Feb10 seems good to me, after I've waited nearly 9 months, others over a year.
McDonald’s…..Generation. 😀

I judge this company by how they treat their customers when they're in a position like this. It's one thing to push customer satisfaction when you're desperately clawing for survival. It's another when you're on top. Don't forget - not prioritizing the customer is why a lot of us dislike OEMs. Profits aren't the only thing that matters to their long term health. If they keep acting like this, over time, Tesla will form a similar reputation.

What really upsets me is how someone like iJustine can order a Plaid and get it the SAME DAY while I have been waiting for an LR for going on 5 months now when the original estimate was 3. If it gets pushed back another 2 months like what is happening to a lot of people I am going to be very upset. I sold my car early (3P) expecting an at least somewhat accurate timeframe. Being 6 months off is not OK when Plaid customers get their cars in weeks. Yes, yes, I know many of you have been waiting longer.
She picked an inventory car from what that video looked like…

Also pushed back again. Went from Dec 12-31, to Jan 16 - Feb 13...

Like others, wouldn't be as big of a deal if I didn't sell my vehicle a couple months ago when my order said "October", but it's getting old sharing a car now. I may just have to buy a cheap car or look at rental options...
Exact same with me. If it gets pushed back again I am going to have to rent a car.

Reactions: deadwynter
We all moan and complain but are not willing to leave the table - so why would Tesla care to make changes? it makes for good catharsis but overwhelming demand carrys the day for the company
Well, @Mitchll, I’m not a moaner here by any means, but I can think of some reasons why Tesla might want to make some changes.

Tesla apparently relies on an EDD-assignment algorithm that is outputting very poorly correlated data. For all the much-deserved praise of Tesla’s industrial innovation and technological prowess, they are running a system in which the inputs appear to remain constant (the order date, design of the vehicle and the destination don’t change, for example) and yet the output (the EDD) does change materially. For some buyers it changes numerous times in apparently haphazard fashion. What’s worse is that the output here is a direct customer communication or is mediated through customer service reps who cannot explain it. There are supply chain challenges and logistical inputs that of course do change, but the correlation between RN/EDD/Actual delivery doesn’t explain the customer communication output, hence all the speculation in this thread about whether post-price hike vehicles are being prioritized, etc. There’s just no apparent rationale for many of the changes.

This will be my fifth Tesla since 2018 (2018 M3 traded in, second 2018 M3 traded in, 2019 MS Raven Performance sold, MYP in my garage). The customer experience has deteriorated significantly. No judgment in that comment, just a fact.

I’m pretty sure MS is the highest margin product line in Tesla’s production. In the next round of innovation (let’s say 2 - 3 years out when many of us may be shopping for the coolest new thing), there is likely to be a much more level playing field in terms of charging infrastructure and there will also be top-notch competing high-end product (Lucid, Rivian, Porsche, BMW, Audi).

Unless Tesla is planning to move away from the high-end market and focus only on the mass produced lines, they should care about the MS buyer’s experience. Not because we are moaning. Not because Tesla should be altruistic or nicer. But because this is a fixable clown show that competitors will exploit.

I’m crossing my fingers that my EDD more or less holds up. I’m still as excited as can be! Keep hope alive!

Here’s wishing all of you a Tesla experience that exceeds expectations in almost every way, even if the EDD monkey lives on!

Pickup at noon. Went early and she looks all ready.

Attachments

• 06BF67B2-170F-4FFE-91DB-D37B9A6D81D2.jpeg
    06BF67B2-170F-4FFE-91DB-D37B9A6D81D2.jpeg
    690.5 KB · Views: 85
Red Model S L/R- Ordered in June for October delivery. Got switched around from late December to November, back to December and as of this morning now to March-April.

I’m not stressed about it, just sharing the information for others who want to get a picture of what is going on with these deliveries.

The one thing that stinks for me is I’ve been holding off on replacing a tire that has a slow leak. I’m not sure I’ll be able to hold off until March or later.
So get the leaking tire plugged. Not a big deal. You don't need to replace it unless the leak is in the sidewall or there is no tread left.

I wouldn't feel good about turning in a used car with a leaking tire anyway. I maintain my cars and care about them and the future owners.

It was a joke. This is my third Tesla so I know the drill. It's normal to share the frustration most of us feel when finish line keeps getting pushed out every time its within reach. It's also clear Tesla has ways to go when it comes to communication. We have documented EDD has very little validity and yet we still track it anyway.
Agree the EDD has little validity, but it's the one thing we have that offers us a bit of hope, albeit at the risk of disappointment.

Ok I tried searching for an answer but can’t find one. Who here uses an external drive for their music via the USB-C port? All the thumb drives I found are kinda big (would stick out too much when plugged in). Would plugging in a small SSD work just fine?

Ok I tried searching for an answer but can’t find one. Who here uses an external drive for their music via the USB-C port? All the thumb drives I found are kinda big (would stick out too much when plugged in). Would plugging in a small SSD work just fine?

Still waiting for my Model S so I don't know what "kinda big" means but have you looked at these?

Samsung DUO Plus USB Type-C Flash Drive

Kingston 128GB DataTraveler DUO 3C

Still waiting for my Model S so I don't know what "kinda big" means but have you looked at these?

Samsung DUO Plus USB Type-C Flash Drive

Kingston 128GB DataTraveler DUO 3C
Yeah I saw both of those but reviews have said they both have really slow write speeds. By “kinda big” I meant that most of them are sticks instead of smaller form factors like the ones you mentioned. I might just go with a portable external SSD instead