Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That sounds like your old car had the optional enhanced autopilot. The base autopilot didn't do those things. All the enhanced autopilot features have been rolled into the FSD package now.
When I ordered my 2015 I purchased the autopilot option before the software was developed. After having the car for about 3 months I got the download. It was amazing how refined it became after several updates. The first release was rough where I could drive much better than the autopilot. Now it does a better job of keeping in the lane than I do.

Reactions: Woodchuck
Here's more in the continuing saga of my experience following delivery of my 2022 Model S.
While my impressions are not at all scientific, the first iteration of Active Road Noise Reduction (ARNR) seems very good. It finished calibrating on a rainy day and the difference was noticeable. For me, it produced a more refined driving experience with overall road noise muffled. I suspect its greatest impact is on tire-related noise. I'll be curious to read if others have a similar experience.

Here are a couple of photos showing what to expect as it shows up in your car's audio settings. In the photos you will see its “calibration” vs. “active” modes so you know what to look for.

Since I didn't know what to watch for, I don't know how long the calibration process took. Another unknown is whether ARNR had to recalibrate following my recent system reboot. My impression is that it did recalibrate.

View attachment 744283View attachment 744284
What release of software?

Which will probably be pushed to a January date 😕
Hopefully you’ll get it sooner… !
Mine had that 19-31 of December for like three months and BAM February date
Did your EDD moved to February without any date range in February? My EDD moved from Dec 9 -24 to February without a date range, stayed there for 2-3 weeks, then the VIN showed up.

Need to have more replies to have that signature, Here you go, MSLR Blue/Blk w/FSD, 19” Ord. 5/31, RN1150
I had 15 EDDs by the time the VIN came down. Two week window I’ve been told means a soft match that the production would be commencing soon on your order; two week window also seems to be pretty good indicator for middle and eastern part of the country. The real action is typically sub-10 day EDDs from what I’ve seen if you are on the west coast.

Good luck! My unseen MSLR is still sitting at the SC waiting for the broken windshield to be swapped out…

Reactions: rdmdriving
Well here’s another holiday bonus for all of us in case you haven’t looked in awhile. Due to my June order, I’ve been holding off on buying the wall charger, you know, if I don’t have the car or may not get the car, I didn’t want a $500 depreciating asset hanging on my wall. Well just out of curiosity I checked if they were in stock, and guess what, the wall charger is now $550. Once again, bump the dates long enough and give us another difficult pill to swallow. With my bumped date being now end of January to beginning of February, maybe it’ll go up even more. SMH
Just install a regular 14-50 and buy that $50 adapter. It's been fine for me for nearly 9 years!

I installed a 6-50, while waiting. I really didn’t want to keep using the mobile charger at home and unplugging and taking it with all the time. I figured, being forgetful, I’d always have a way to charge either with me or at home. The 6-50 (which charges as fast as the 14-50, you just don’t need the neutral wire), was a cost saving in and of itself. I know, it’s just $50, but c’mon, that could buy me 1/5th of a tire when the first one blows out. LOL
I nearly bought the $500+ wall "charger" for my garage so I could keep the portable one in the car. Then the thought occurred to me: where would I ever plug the portable charger in when I'm away from home?? Maybe if I was staying the night at my parent's house, but that's very very rare.
Now, I just leave the portable charger connected to the 14-50 plug at home. If I ever have the need to charge away from home, that's what superchargers and other grocery store stalls are for.
I'm using less than 20% a day of that big LR battery, so 32A is more than enough charge rate.

I picked up my MS on 12/10. Here's a couple of thoughts about my early experience.

1) I get a lot of people checking me out at lights and on the roadways. It's kind of like having a shirt on inside-out, but it's not me they are looking at.
2) Little things like yoke turn signals automatically cancelling after making a gradual lane change are pretty cool.
3) Instant torque and acceleration are addictive.
4) New features are discovered daily.
5) I've had two software updates so far. It feels a little like birthday presents.
6) The car is tight, quiet, and feels rock solid.
7) The voice command capability for controlling features is robust and fun.
8) After some flickering of the screens, I did a reboot. It seemed to make all screens quicker and smoother.
9) I can't imagine ever voluntarily going back to an ICE car.
10) Charging at home while I'm asleep is way better than going to a gas station; especially since I have a home solar system.

I just need to figure out which one of my passengers keeps farting. That darn emissions feature! :rolleyes:😮‍💨😃
Jeff, great to hear about your new owner experience as I too explore my evolved transportation system. I feel so much the same about most everything you said. Although, I have noticed no extra looks in my direction; Palos Verdes is swarming with Teslas...but it's nice to know mine's better than every other one I see (I've yet to see another refreshed S and unless you really know what to look for, it blends in to the old S crowd).
While I'm an instant fan of TACC, I was a bit disappointed how leisurely it gets back up to speed when the slow/stopped traffic starts moving again (even on follow 1) but that went away when I found I can goose the "throttle" to catch up and TACC stays engaged. Learning something new everyday...