Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
here we go again. reminds me of a month ago. when I was not happy with my nov dates bumped to dec and then I started seeing people bumped to jan feb and I am like I hope that wont happen to me and I remain in dec but unfortunatly I got bumped to jan feb and now starting to see some bumps to an even bigger delay march/april (two month compared to one month) where they might be swithching the line to possibly Xs and now I am praying my jan feb EDD holds. If I get bumped till march I am buying a 2020 MS and selling it when the MS or if ever gets delivered.
I’m buying a Model S Plaid if I get delayed into March. That’s like the last straw for me. Sure I’ll have to maybe do a few things to get it done but I’ll sure know I wasn’t never meant to get the LR.

I’m buying a Model S Plaid if I get delayed into March. That’s like the last straw for me. Sure I’ll have to maybe do a few things to get it done but I’ll sure know I wasn’t never meant to get the LR.
dont too expensive (for what you get) get a used 2020 and sell it when you get the MS the used MS seem to be holding value. You might loose a bit when you sell possiboy sales tax but not as much as plaid price difference

just did the givemethevin for my benz, which was meh in the past and still meh (i used one of the other companies and tesla last time). I had been ni an accident, so that cost me some thousands.
really making me question if i should buy the S versus lease. i only plan to keep 3 years. I think teslas really hold their value, but i also question once the parts shortage ends, new cars come out, 4680 cells, etc. - can anyone share a solid arugment for buying or leasing?
i will say i decided against PPF, which to me makes NO sense on a lease, and some sense on a purchase (but not for me)
i dont plan to hold more than 3 years.
and now i'm thinking of dropping the FSD, and maybe subscribing here and there.
any advice?

just did the givemethevin for my benz, which was meh in the past and still meh (i used one of the other companies and tesla last time). I had been ni an accident, so that cost me some thousands.
really making me question if i should buy the S versus lease. i only plan to keep 3 years. I think teslas really hold their value, but i also question once the parts shortage ends, new cars come out, 4680 cells, etc. - can anyone share a solid arugment for buying or leasing?
i will say i decided against PPF, which to me makes NO sense on a lease, and some sense on a purchase (but not for me)
any advice?
i am leasing tesla hardware or body is not very good or reliable. I heard people complaining of air sound or similar stuff. also with the rate of how tehcnology is improving and other cars are coming out I dont want to keep any car for more than three years. BY then I think tesla will have to come up with even better stuff to stay in the market. SO lease my friend.

any advice?
Yeah I would lease.

Reactions: fsabek
Same here. Also California. Had the exact same EDD 12/22-12/31. Now March-April. Either this is just a bug and we'll bounce back or we missed this batch of MSM and thats when the next one rolls out. Keep hope alive.

RN1147 MSM/blk/21's no FSD -- order date 4/4/21
You should definitely get your car soon. I'm a RN1157 and I'm est for Mar-Apr which was my original delivery when I ordered. Bounced up to Jan then back to Mar-Apr. You should be seeing a VIN really soon and possibly your car NLT mid Jan from gauging on other delivery time lines.

I can totally understand your frustration with how you and others have been treated by Tesla during this process. It really makes no sense - especially for a repeat customer. I am hoping you get your car soon and it is perfect.
This will be my third Tesla and yet I seem to be neglected. I have a basic b!ch Blue/Black,19", config RN1147 and my EDD just got pushed to Jan 10-Feb 7.

At this point I may just put the order on hold and wait for the rear taillight update.

DCU best rate for EV is 1.49% up to 65 months and 1.24% with direct deposit. The most important thing with them is to call as soon as you’ve uploaded all your docs including MVPA. Then they will work on your loan with final approval and documentation on the spot. They are very good to work with, but you have to call, don’t wait or assume they will contact you to process loan.
Second this! Went with DCU and they are great

Here's more in the continuing saga of my experience following delivery of my 2022 Model S.
While my impressions are not at all scientific, the first iteration of Active Road Noise Reduction (ARNR) seems very good. It finished calibrating on a rainy day and the difference was noticeable. For me, it produced a more refined driving experience with overall road noise muffled. I suspect its greatest impact is on tire-related noise. I'll be curious to read if others have a similar experience.

Here are a couple of photos showing what to expect as it shows up in your car's audio settings. In the photos you will see its “calibration” vs. “active” modes so you know what to look for.

Since I didn't know what to watch for, I don't know how long the calibration process took. Another unknown is whether ARNR had to recalibrate following my recent system reboot. My impression is that it did recalibrate.

ARNR_Active.jpg
ARNR_Calibrating.jpg

any advice?
Ask your accountant. They will know if it makes $ sense for you. Not a bunch of strangers on a forum. 😃