Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn’t bode well for those of us hoping for new headlights. My car could be built already and just sitting there waiting on parts.

In other news my 4 week EDD starts today… Expecting a change soon.

Reactions: chrisdh79
No offense to you, because it's nice to have stuff like this to read while we pull our hair out with the wait, but I have to say that these kinds of shady "news articles" irk the heck out of me. Majority of the time they're nothing more than a consolidation of various rumors and speculations, and occasionally a reference to the source ("Youtuber XYZ believes...", "Twitter user ZYX suspects..."). When I'm reading an article I want facts.

so they can speed up delivery of those of us who still want to receive the car.
LOL!!! Biggest load of BS ever. Yeah, I'm sure it's not an attempt to jettison those pre-price hike orders. Couldn't be that...

Tesla has demonstrated time and again they don't give a rats ass about legacy orders getting fulfilled faster, or maintaining any kind of order queue priority.

What a joke. :rolleyes: (no disrespect to Mr Fox)

LOL!!! Biggest load of BS ever. Yeah, I'm sure it's not an attempt to jettison those pre-price hike orders. Couldn't be that...

Tesla has demonstrated time and again they don't give a rats ass about legacy orders getting fulfilled faster, or maintaining any kind of order queue priority.

What a joke. :rolleyes: (no disrespect to Mr Fox)

While no one can explain some of the really old orders waiting around here, tons and tons of legacy orders have been fulfilled. Most of the people don’t come back to this thread after they get their car. I am a $79k order with the cheapest config and I originally had a vin and delivery for end of nov but rejected it in favor of a 2022 vin. So it’s just not true. Still does not explain others waiting for so long but it’s not some “conspiracy” that they are trying to not deliver pre-price hike cars.

While no one can explain some of the really old orders waiting around here, tons and tons of legacy orders have been fulfilled. Most of the people don’t come back to this thread after they get their car. I am a $79k order with the cheapest config and I originally had a vin and delivery for end of nov but rejected it in favor of a 2022 vin. So it’s just not true. Still does not explain others waiting for so long but it’s not some “conspiracy” that they are trying to not deliver pre-price hike cars.
I'm same as you July order, but only difference I have a slightly higher trim with white interior. Despite that though I still have yet to get a Vin or smaller EDD window.

Not suggesting it's a conspiracy, but what they said to Mr Fox just doesn't make sense, logically. If they really cared about the people that are still waiting from 10+ months ago, they could easily enough assign (or at least offer with pricing preserved) any one of the 40 or so vins that have been gone out in this forum alone in the last 7-10 days, most of which had order dates of April or later.

The logic of calling buyers with old orders with the option to cancel before newer orders - if price isn't a factor - doesn't hold up if they cared about order priority. Why not make the offer to people who have been waiting since October? Wouldn't it stand to reason they are less invested and more likely to cancel?

There is no excuse you can give me to convince me that a 4-6 month older order rightly didn't have priority simply because of a zip code. That might have been believable in the days when Tesla was a boutique shop that didn't ship many cars, but now they send plenty all over the US. The transport infrastructure is in place and works fine. Even smaller dealers are delivering many cars every week.

Let me be clear: I'm not saying they're deliberately withholding cars from legacy orders, I'm saying they just don't give a crap about order dates at all, contrary to what they told Mr Fox was their motivation.

I just took over a MSLR reservation (bare bones configuration) from someone who placed the order last May. The current EDD is “February”. I haven’t read all 800+ pages here. What’s the likelihood I’ll see delivery in February? If not February, what should I expect?

I just took over a MSLR reservation (bare bones configuration) from someone who placed the order last May. The current EDD is “February”. I haven’t read all 800+ pages here. What’s the likelihood I’ll see delivery in February? If not February, what should I expect?
Probably a pretty good chance, lots of april/may orders getting VINs right now.

Reactions: Sather and Ray_R
No offense to you, because it's nice to have stuff like this to read while we pull our hair out with the wait, but I have to say that these kinds of shady "news articles" irk the heck out of me. Majority of the time they're nothing more than a consolidation of various rumors and speculations, and occasionally a reference to the source ("Youtuber XYZ believes...", "Twitter user ZYX suspects..."). When I'm reading an article I want facts.
No offense taken. Just happened upon the article and wasn't even looking for it.

Context is I have a order RN1153 and EDD is Feb, while I was eagerly waiting, I booked two inventory cars, 1. black/black with 21 inch wheel with FSD in CA 2. White/black with 19 inch wheel no FSD (in Loveland Colorado). Now I've decided to just wait for my car because of the price difference.

I am curious if I could transfer to someone else that want the car and possibly get my 250 back. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Reactions: deadwynter
Context is I have a order RN1153 and EDD is Feb, while I was eagerly waiting, I booked two inventory cars, 1. black/black with 21 inch wheel with FSD in CA 2. White/black with 19 inch wheel no FSD (in Loveland Colorado). Now I've decided to just wait for my car because of the price difference.

I am curious if I could transfer to someone else that want the car and possibly get my 250 back. Let me know if anyone is interested.
You snagged the white black one I saw earlier! I’d love to get that matched to mine if possible. Totally would pay you $250 if they can do that.

Took delivery today after a solid 9 month wait. Well worth it! This car is on a whole new level compared to my 75D. The yoke is dope too. I'm loving everything about this car.

Also, I noticed there was a mix of Pirelli summer and Continental all seasons tires amongst the Model Ss on the lot. All were long range and 19" wheels. So if you're expecting all seasons make sure you double check.

Funny, I read this article earlier and felt it said nothing.

(Cross post from the pinned Model S Delivery Update thread)

After a 6 months of tuning into the TMC Forum as a support group for the numerous EDD changes, I finally received a VIN and a delivery date. Assigned NF467 and scheduled a delivery on the 18th.

Coincidentally enough when I got my Model Y, my VIN was also assigned on a Saturday. I also been noticing quite a few other members getting VINs today. Will update on delivery day with some pics, issues discovered, and if rumored changes to the lights have been pushed out or not.

I know it's hard to find rhyme or reason to when you'll get your car. For me, coming in to the TMC forums once in a while to see VINs get assigned brings a glimmer of hope that you're a day closer to getting behind the yoke of a Model S.