Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just moved from March 15-April 12 to January 28th-Feb 11th!
To me it's beginning to look like Tesla is having logistics issues delivering to most of the country and so California and nearby States may be seeing deliveries ramp up. A phenomenon that, at least in the last quarter, seemed like the famous EOQ rush except it was for CA and I think WA only last month.

Reactions: rdmdriving
Got assigned a Vin this morning. RN1151. NF468. Ordered around 05/11/21 (after Plaid+ order cancellation originally made in Jan 2021). Blue ext, white int, 19, no FSD. Del Jan 22 - Jan 26

I asked to be delivered at the delivery center, they are asking me to schedule delivery at my house. Has anyone been successful in getting them to change that to delivery center?

Also has anyone received an NF468 yet? New headlights or not?

Got assigned a Vin this morning. RN1151. NF468. Ordered around 05/11/21 (after Plaid+ order cancellation originally made in Jan 2021). Blue ext, white int, 19, no FSD. Del Jan 22 - Jan 26

I asked to be delivered at the delivery center, they are asking me to schedule delivery at my house. Has anyone been successful in getting them to change that to delivery center?

I believe someone reported NF468 without new lights. But then again I think NF468 is a thousand cars and so a change could occur anywhere in that batch

I dont think the new headlights will appear as fast as others believe they will. Those new headlights were spotted in a completely different country for reasons unknown to all of us. I hope they appear soon, as i am also awaiting delivery, but i am not sold they will.

I got VIN this morning.
RN1151**
NF468***
Delivery window is feb first week ( 4-8 )

Tesla is asking me to pay the remaining balance in full before taking delivery. how can I pay without looking at the car first ?
Please share your experience. Do I have to pay or Can I ask them to pay with check on the day of delivery ?
Also, I need to convert mode of payment from cash to loan. I set cash payment just to avoid keep updating loan info
please guide if someone was in similar shoes

I honestly doubt their gonna add new lights anytime soon. It's most likely an Asian thing for now
My thoughts on the new head and taillights...
All model S are built in Fremont, so it doesn't make sense to have 2 different assembly lines for it.
The new version was shown for Asia.
No one outside North America can place an order for the S until December 2022 at the earliest.
The tail lights require new rear quarter panels and a new rear hatch.
Therefore...
I believe we are seeing the changes for the " 2023" model year cars.
Of course, they could just use up the last of the current quarter panels and rear hatches and shift over to the new ones at any point, but I suspect it won't happen for quite a while. My guess would be late 2nd quarter or 3rd quarter.

The good news is everyone here will be even more excited to see pictures of newly delivered cars while keeping a close eye on the vins, hoping to see a change in the lights, thereby distracting us from the mundane edd madness.

I got VIN this morning.
RN1151**
NF468***

Tesla is asking me to pay the remaining balance in full before taking delivery. how can I pay without looking at the car first ?
Please share your experience. Do I have to pay or Can I ask them to pay with check on the day of delivery ?
Also, I need to convert mode of payment from cash to loan. I set cash payment just to avoid keep updating loan info
At the very end of Dec, I was scheduled to take delivery of a MF428 I was matched to. Online I had asked for delivery at the dealer, they changed to home delivery. I didn't really care much. I was paying in full and had everything setup on the app to do so. Perhaps that's why they didn't ask me to pay before seeing the auto.
As a sidebar the two times they did scheduled delivery, they cancelled delivery. They said the firmware couldn't be updated and was undeliverable in that state of software. This car was most likely built in May. After a week or two of Tesla trying to get parts, I told them I'd just wait for my original order to come through. Never got to have a peek at it.

Last edited:

Congrats. I hope I'm right behind you. RN1149 with identical configuration, ordered 5/12. Current EDD 2/5-2/19. I'm on the east coast.

Your order was before the $15k in prices increases, correct?

At the very end of Dec, I was scheduled to take delivery of a MF428 I was matched to. Online I had asked for delivery at the dealer, they changed to home delivery. I didn't really care much. I was paying in full and had everything setup on the app to do so. Perhaps that's why they didn't ask me to pay before seeing the auto.
As a sidebar the two times they scheduled delivery, they cancelled delivery. They said the firmware couldn't be updated and was undeliverable in that state of software. This car was most likely built in May. After a week or two of Tesla trying to get parts, I told them I'd just wait for my original order to come through.
I have a Model S LR that I ordered in October - set for late march-early april delivery.
RN1159 it moved to this week - and they gave me a VIN and delivery window of today/Friday - which I had to pass (wasn't available to pick up and get rid of my old car) and ask to reschedule delivery for the next batch.
Now it got pushed to June/July - not sure if its a glitch but it seems that the date keeps moving. Seems really erratic.

Tesla’s delivery EDD system is just insanity! I get that they’re having parts shortages etc. But there’s no reason for this kind of bouncing around.

Ordered 6/7 RN11510 Red/Black LR w/19’s no FSD

Originally when ordered it said October estimated delivery.

8/10 Changed to Nov 12th- Dec 2nd 👎

8/18 Changed to Nov 27th-Dec 17th 👎

8/19 Changed to Nov 6th-26th 👍

9/02 Changed to Nov 22nd- Dec 12th 👎

9/18 Changed to Nov 1st-21st 👍

9/30 Changed to Nov 17th - Dec 7th 👎

10/8 Changed to Dec 5th-31st 👎

10/31 Changed to Nov 23rd-Dec 21st 👍

11/5 Changed to Dec 12th-31st 👎

12/3 Changed to Dec 22nd-31st 👍

12/12 Changed to Jan 16th-Feb 13th 👎

1/20/22 changed to February 👎

1/21 Changed May 15th - June 12th 👎

Tesla’s delivery EDD system is just insanity! I get that they’re having parts shortages etc. But there’s no reason for this kind of bouncing around.

Same RN, looking at your EDD list, it almost looks like a mirror. About the only thing that can explain this would be the influx of newer price increase orders constantly shuffling the stack. Reading through the posts here I see a lot of price increase cars getting delivered. Then see orders older then ours still hanging in there. God bless them. At this point I'm fine with waiting for a 2023. It's become a life quest now.😆

I think the simplest and most likely explanation is that none of these ranges were ever in play and the displayed date is just a placeholder made up to try and prevent people from calling customer service/getting pissed off. I don't think Tesla actually has any sort of system to determine when people are supposed to get cars or how long it should be based on current backlog/shortages etc. I think they just wing it every day. No evidence has been presented to the contrary.

Also, definitely, 100% there has been some prioritization of price increase orders. Otherwise how in the world are there people within 100 miles of me with my exact same config who ordered after me and have taken delivery? Obviously this isn't some kind of rule, but its happened and it shouldn't. People ordered inventory cars or people by the factory are one thing, i get it. But no one in the Chicago metro area who ordered July or later should get a blue/black/19" before me (and I shouldn't get mine until ALL the other people waiting on that config have theirs!). But Tesla just doesn't give a *sugar*. They are a trillion dollar publicly traded company and they do what they need to do for their shareholders, customers be damned.

Mine updated this morning to Feb 10 - Feb 24. Pushed back a bit but I like the two week window
Looks like a big MSM batch.. Mine just switched to 2/3-2/14 but 4/10 order date... Hope this one sticks.. exhausted updating the app and website and hearing of these pushes on this forum. Definitely a therapy and helped hang on for 10 months (assuming the date range holds)...

I got VIN this morning.
RN1151**
NF468***

Let me guess your ordering date: 3rd week of May.
How close am I?