Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I applied for my loan at DCU today. It was approved instantly and is good for 45 days. Full amount with tax. (Fingers crossed). They approved me at 1.99% instantly but how do I get the 1.24% rate?
You need to tell them it's an EV purchase (0.25% reduction) and setup direct deposit with their bank (0.5% reduction)

Edit: call them and tell them these things to have them change your rate before you buy. They give you 90 days to setup the direct deposit though one the loan is funded

Reactions: Seeknldge
so i ordered model S about a month ago with the EDD of July per the website. I ordered was RIGHT after the latest price increase and received notification that my VIN was assigned and ready for pick up this week.

are they filling the orders with the higher price tags before they deliver orders that are older with a lower price?
Seems like it. I am to pick up my June 2021 mslr this weekend. On the other hand they delivered my Dec/17 ordered myp on 12/30.

Just placed an order for a Model S LR. Dumb question - What's the deal with "omicron interiors" being mentioned and people pushing back orders? Is it something to do with lower build quality due to staff shortage? Or is it actually people somehow worrying about the interior being infected somehow?

Did you put any down for that rate? I applied yesterday and got 2.99%
It could have been due to credit score? Anyways I got 2.49% from BOA, 72 month
For those applying for loans, the sweet spot with DCU is the 65 month term for 1.24% with direct deposit. If you want longer, you're better off somewhere else. These are surely not exhaustive, but Carolina Cooperative offers 1.99% up to 84 months, which is crazy for that term. Also, Navy Federal has 2.29 for up to 72 months. Carolina is very old school and didn't do anything online, so application for membership and credit will take a couple weeks unless you spend extra to expedite everything in the mail.

No doubt there are other options too.

It could have been due to credit score? Anyways I got 2.49% from BOA, 72 month
Another low rate option: PenFed at 1.99 for 60 months. Cap is at 100k. It has a slightly lower rate if going for a 3 year term, and higher rates for longer terms. They also have .99 if using their car buying service program, but Tesla does not qualify for that program.

Given a high enough credit score, DCU has been the best loan option, assuming you do the direct deposit requirement and state this is for an EV.

For those applying for loans, the sweet spot with DCU is the 65 month term for 1.24% with direct deposit. If you want longer, you're better off somewhere else. These are surely not exhaustive, but Carolina Cooperative offers 1.99% up to 84 months, which is crazy for that term. Also, Navy Federal has 2.29 for up to 72 months. Carolina is very old school and didn't do anything online, so application for membership and credit will take a couple weeks unless you spend extra to expedite everything in the mail.

No doubt there are other options too.
Good info. I always recommend NFCU or any credit union. I've been with them for 20+ years. Always have great loan rates, and their car loan rates are a lot better then banks. I'll never do business with banks again!

Reactions: Neon001 and jcrides
Are they providing all season tires for the 21" wheels too?
No. The 21 inch wheels never get all season tires. The tire types are in the owners manual. Only the long range S with 19 inch wheels can get all season tires. If you have the 21s, you'll probably need to buy a set of 19 or 20 inch wheels and put all seasons on them. I don't think anyone even makes a 21 inch all season tire in the correct sizes for the refresh model S.

I actually “bought” the inventory car online (clicked “buy now” and paid the $250).

I figured they would transfer the vin to my old order and honor the pricing, and maybe I’d have to pay a transport fee. But when I called, they were adamant that this was not possible. If I wanted this inventory car, I had to pay current pricing. So they said they’d cancel my new order and I should just keep waiting for my May order to get assigned a vin.

But then to my surprise, they called later in the day and said they “ran it up the chain” and could assign the vin to my old order as long as I pay the transport (which is what I was asking for when I originally called).
Sounds like what worked in your favor here is that they were trying to figure out how to refund your deposit on your new order and hence ended up talking to someone sensible up the chain. However, as pointed out some have successfully had inventory cars assigned to their order just by calling

Reactions: HughDeo
Question for the forum, because there is a lot of back and forth.

I was assigned a VIN today!! with an EDD of 2/9-2/13 - NF469. Question should I continue to wait until I get closer to EDD to have them change me back to financing or do I do that now?
Previous advice here is once you get a VIN you're safe on applying for a loan. A loan lasts 30-45 days depending on the bank, and usually you get your car 1-2 weeks after getting assigned a VIN. Congrats!

So lets list all the things we purchased for a car we do not have:
Wall charger, electrician installation and sub panel for charger
Pucks
Floor mats
CF overlay for center console
Mud Flaps
Torque Wrench (read that the wheels may not be properly torqued)
SSD to plug in for Senty mode
Charger adapters to plug into the mobile charger
What about you guys?