Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same thing happened to me. I said I was happy to pay the $2k to transport the car. They said fine, but you'll be charged the $15k increase on top...
Scratch that.

Someone called back this afternoon and said I could have the inventory vehicle at my original order price as long as I paid the transport fee. I agreed and the vin was added to my order and EDD tightened to 2/5-2/10.

Scratch that.

Someone called back this afternoon and said I could have the inventory vehicle at my original order price as long as I paid the transport fee. I agreed and the vin was added to my order and EDD tightened to 2/5-2/10.
How does this conversation go? "Hey I saw an S on tesla-info and would be willing to pay the $2K trans fee for it"?

Also I've never actually talked to someone (outside of texts) from Tesla so a mystery there as well...

How does this conversation go? "Hey I saw an S on tesla-info and would be willing to pay the $2K trans fee for it"?

Also I've never actually talked to someone (outside of texts) from Tesla so a mystery there as well...
Let me tell you how it is went for me. Me: Hey, I saw that you have an exact match on inventory in California. I could pay the $2,000 transport fee. Anyway I can get my original price 79k? Tesla:. No

I called back and repeated this with a different representative and got the same response. I think if pressed hard they don't want to piss you off too bad so may give in. In addition I think they contact your local Tesla dealer to see if they will do this. After I called about this I got an unsolicited text from the Kansas City Tesla location stating that my car should be there by mid-February. I have been unsuccessful but I've seen two to three on this forum get cars this way

Final result..still waiting...no VIN

In fact I can't remember the last VIN I have seen on this forum from the Midwest.

Good luck!

Reactions: Concade1

I actually “bought” the inventory car online (clicked “buy now” and paid the $250).

I figured they would transfer the vin to my old order and honor the pricing, and maybe I’d have to pay a transport fee. But when I called, they were adamant that this was not possible. If I wanted this inventory car, I had to pay current pricing. So they said they’d cancel my new order and I should just keep waiting for my May order to get assigned a vin.

But then to my surprise, they called later in the day and said they “ran it up the chain” and could assign the vin to my old order as long as I pay the transport (which is what I was asking for when I originally called).

Killing me. Picking up tomorrow. Paid. Knowing car is here waiting ha. Wished I lived closer to the SC and I'd try to scope it out in advance but its a good hour+ away. Ug.
I'm in the same boat. I'm getting home delivery tomorrow morning. I went to the SC today to ensure it was there and I was told that it was getting ready to be prepped. The guy was nice enough to pull it up to the window in the service area so I could see it. I felt like a new dad staring at my newborn in the hospital nursery, almost brought a tear to my eye. He said he would make me the first delivery tomorrow morning and that all trunk covers were included. This will be a long night.

Scratch that.

That’s awesome man congrats! I’m happy to hear that. Now it’s a race to see who gets it first :).

1151, ordered June 21st. Cincinnati pickup. Went from February (for the past couple months) to May 10th - June 7th late last week. I called Tesla after the date change and the rep I spoke to didn't even bother to look at my reservation. She said that she was only aware of Plaids having been delivered. I'm used to Tesla delivery being a hot mess but my annoyance is turning to disgust.

Model S LR, blue, black interior, 19", No FSD

I have RN1158 with Cincy delivery and have been holding at Feb 11-March 11 for LR, MSM/Black/19.

so i ordered model S about a month ago with the EDD of July per the website. I ordered was RIGHT after the latest price increase and received notification that my VIN was assigned and ready for pick up this week.

are they filling the orders with the higher price tags before they deliver orders that are older with a lower price?
Wow! Is this a Plaid? So you went from EDD of July to a VIN, never heard one jump like that.

so i ordered model S about a month ago with the EDD of July per the website. I ordered was RIGHT after the latest price increase and received notification that my VIN was assigned and ready for pick up this week.

are they filling the orders with the higher price tags before they deliver orders that are older with a lower price?
Sure starting to look that way....What is your order specs?

Ahh, I've had better experiences. I was going to put it all in a initial review post and post it in an actual review thread as opposed to a delivery thread, but specific to delivery:

Scheduled for home delivery 1000 to 1200 Friday, 21 Jan, SA calls and says he's on his way at 1100 and should be here in 30. Great. I see him show up on Nest cam and notice him stop in front of the driveway. After a long minutes he pulls to the side of the road to let someone by and just sits there for a good while, eventually leaving the car parked in the street (it's a neighborhood so there aren't many cars). Comes to the door, gives me the keycards and waits for me in my foyer while I go inspect. Overall the car is fantastic. No issues with body panels, crazy gaps (that I notice, and frankly I don't want to know about it if they really are because right now I'm happy with it). Interior is flawless other than the very minor yoke worm and the console light issue. No wrinkles in leather, damage to wood trim, nothing. Outside there are 4-5 very minor issues less than the size of a pea, which I photograph and come back inside to tell him about. He assures me that service can remedy those.

We proceed with the paperwork, and I had a little bit of a shock when I found that the actual appraised value of my trade in was $600 more than they gave me - the SA claimed it was because I modified the trunk. All I did was remove the T logo and replace with TESLA lettering. If I had known that was going to ding me for $600 I would have returned to stock myself!

Paperwork signed, we had one more thing to do, and that was to accept in the app so I could take ownership and use phone-as-key, but it wouldn't work. The blue button was "grayed out" and couldn't be pressed. The SA has no clue what's going on and calls the dealership. None of them know either, but he promises he'll get me straightened out when he gets back to Owings Mills. Minorly offputting, but whatever. One other irritation was that the SA wouldn't give me his personal (work) contact email to send the photos to. He just gave me the central support box for the SC, which I imagine is basically a black hole.

SA leaves, I go out to take my wife to lunch. We drive to the cul-de-sac to turn around and I get an odd clunking in the front end like I'm running over some bumps in the road or something when I'm at full-lock on the yoke. We drive on, and minutes later I get a service code and warning that air suspension isn't working properly, and that it may not be level. F-. Now I see why the guy didn't pull into my driveway...

I drive a bit more, since it doesn't seem to impact anything when I'm not turning sharply, and find that I can get it to go away and function normally sometimes when I turn the car off and back on. Of course, some other stuff in the car isn't working properly either at this point because it technically wasn't "mine" yet. I do a quick hard reset (does nothing) and notice that I have a firmware update (big one) waiting, so i pull into the garage and hope it magically fixes my problem. An hour later its done and the problem is still there.

So I setup an appt with the SC, but first available is on 1 Feb, which is 3 days before I'm planning to take my wife to our vacation place for her birthday (weekend getaway w/o the kids!) Really bummed that, given parts situation, it's unlikely I'll be able to bring the new S. I upload the issues of the paint in the service ticket through the app and add that as work to be done.

SA never called back, but within 2-3 hours the app had recognized my ownership. Problem solved or not, it's really bad form IMO for SAs to NOT do what they say they're going to do. Should have at least called to make sure I got the issue resolved... In my experience the majority of them are just lazy SoBs and don't give a crap about the user experience, unlike BMW or Audi service techs and advisors.

Overall, I'm sure the car will (eventually) get fixed, and I love it despite having the one major issue, but it just puts a bad taste in my mouth. Just typical Tesla...

I grabbed a few photos in a parking lot a few days ago, but didn't have my SLR on me. Figured I'd wait to do a proper photoshoot when I can actually put it low suspension setting.

View attachment 760015

View attachment 759998
View attachment 760004
View attachment 760005
View attachment 760006
View attachment 760007
View attachment 760009
View attachment 760013
View attachment 760016
Wow, stunningly beautiful car, congratulations!