Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MePaleo, the exact same scenario played out for me....Chicagoland, RN1151, Model S Black ext, White int. My EDD was Feb 9-24, got a call on Feb 8 to update trade-in information if interested for pending delivery and boom Thurs morning my EDD moved to May 6 - June 3. Im not sure if I really want the car at this point but the challenge of trying to obtain a VIN keeps me hooked.
I wonder if it is a Chicago area delivery thing with those dates getting pushed so far out. I just got my trade value a couple hours ago with an expiration of Mar 13th. Lol! Expires 2 months before the new EDD.
I'm also hooked on the challenge of the elusive VIN. It's a nice distraction from the everyday bs.

Got it home today. Panel gaps and paint were very good, no problems that I could find. It even included all floormats as well as all the trunk covers.

Two minor issues: the driver’s vanity mirror lights didn’t work, which they quickly fixed, and there was a visible ding in the wood trim above the glove compartment. They entered a service ticket to replace it.

Everything else is great.
0C3EA917-A0AC-4914-B280-DEE12B6312A6.jpeg

Got it home today. Panel gaps and paint were very good, no problems that I could find. It even included all floormats as well as all the trunk covers.

Two minor issues: the driver’s vanity mirror lights didn’t work, which they quickly fixed, and there was a visible ding in the wood trim above the glove compartment. They entered a service ticket to replace it.

Everything else is great. View attachment 767963
Beautiful car! Same spec I ordered. 👍

Just picked mine up today. Beautiful blue and white LR with the 21s! Missing the parcel shelf in the trunk and a small squeak when closing one door…. Otherwise perfect, and better than I was expecting based on some of what I’ve read.

As a first time Tesla owner coming from several German cars, my impressions are generally consistent with the prevailing narrative. Great looking car, absurdly quick, fantastic tech. Interior quality is definitely a step below other cars at this price point, but its totally acceptable.

As we all know, the ordering and delivery process is terrible. Honestly not sure if I’d be willing to do it again, but I‘m happy to be at the end of that road.

Perhaps most important, my toddler LOVES it. Disney streaming in the back, fart mode, and the crazy acceleration are huge wins.

Somewhat opposite to the impressions of most folks, I was Initially put off by the yoke, but I don’t really mind the touch buttons. Time will tell as to how I adapt to both.

Thanks to everyone for your support throughout the last 10 months.

Attachments

• FDB7C681-7188-442D-94E9-864BB944D67E.jpeg
    FDB7C681-7188-442D-94E9-864BB944D67E.jpeg
    817.1 KB · Views: 70
I wonder if it is a Chicago area delivery thing with those dates getting pushed so far out. I just got my trade value a couple hours ago with an expiration of Mar 13th. Lol! Expires 2 months before the new EDD.
I'm also hooked on the challenge of the elusive VIN. It's a nice distraction from the everyday bs.
Well things just took another turn…I received a VIN this evening. 470, build date 2/2. To recap, I went from EDD Feb 9-24, to May 6-June 3 to a VIN in the span of 3 days. No text or phone call…just the usual obsession of checking the account details and boom.

Oh wow, with your RN what have your EDD hops been like?
I ordered late January and had an estimate date of mid June to early July. Then april. Now Feb 23- March 5th.

I feel like people are passing for the new lights. I don't mind to much for the new lights. My lease on my infiniti q50 red sport ends March 18th so the new delivery date is perfect.

I just hope I don't have issues with build quality and missing parts.

I have the LR in midnight exterior with white interior no fsd (I'll get that after on a credit card for the points).

Is it recommended to use tesla financing or local credit unions?

I'm in Chicago btw. Delivery to Schaumburg.

Reactions: VikH
Just picked mine up today. Beautiful blue and white LR with the 21s! Missing the parcel shelf in the trunk and a small squeak when closing one door…. Otherwise perfect, and better than I was expecting based on some of what I’ve read.

As a first time Tesla owner coming from several German cars, my impressions are generally consistent with the prevailing narrative. Great looking car, absurdly quick, fantastic tech. Interior quality is definitely a step below other cars at this price point, but its totally acceptable.

As we all know, the ordering and delivery process is terrible. Honestly not sure if I’d be willing to do it again, but I‘m happy to be at the end of that road.

Perhaps most important, my toddler LOVES it. Disney streaming in the back, fart mode, and the crazy acceleration are huge wins.

Somewhat opposite to the impressions of most folks, I was Initially put off by the yoke, but I don’t really mind the touch buttons. Time will tell as to how I adapt to both.

Thanks to everyone for your support throughout the last 10 months.
Congrats! Beautiful car. I ordered the same except with 19s. Let us know how it handles the snow.

Reactions: howdidIgethere
OK, here it is to everyone who’s been out here forever and everyone new. Thanks to all for getting me to this point.
I placed my order on a warm (almost Summers’) afternoon June 17, 2021. Now it is 7 months and 26 days later and my appointment to pick up my Tesla is at 10:00am today! Lists already made, payment ready to be transferred via Plaid, and a phone call for confirmation within the past 48 hours. I believe it’s happening. So happy and excited but nervous and reserved too. I think the first song I’ll play in the car is “The Long And Winding Road” by the Beatles.

Have a great day all, looking forward to no surprises and an amazing ownership experience. :)

How do you like the 21s (noise, comfort)? I have 19s on my 2020 and I also ordered 19s on my 2022 thinking they are better for range and noise.

Reactions: JeffN
OK, here it is to everyone who’s been out here forever and everyone new. Thanks to all for getting me to this point.
I placed my order on a warm (almost Summers’) afternoon June 17, 2021. Now it is 7 months and 26 days later and my appointment to pick up my Tesla is at 10:00am today! Lists already made, payment ready to be transferred via Plaid, and a phone call for confirmation within the past 48 hours. I believe it’s happening. So happy and excited but nervous and reserved too. I think the first song I’ll play in the car is “The Long And Winding Road” by the Beatles.

Have a great day all, looking forward to no surprises and an amazing ownership experience. :)
Me too! Picking up in an hour! But I only get a very short time with it, off to PPF for 5 days almost as soon as I pick it up. For the best though, after an icy winter our roads are completely covered in gravel.

Me too! Picking up in an hour! But I only get a very short time with it, off to PPF for 5 days almost as soon as I pick it up. For the best though, after an icy winter our roads are completely covered in gravel.
You are very wise to getting the PPF. It is the best thing to do in the long run. Are you getting a full car PPF, or a partial front or full front only? I’m torn between my three options after inquiring of cost.

I'm in the books for the week of February 21 to pick my S up too in IL. Off to PPF immediately following delivery. Doing full front, rockers and rear quarters where they flare out. Tint too. BTW, there's another thread specific to what others have done with PPF titled "PPF or no PPF". I leveraged that for input. You might find it informative.

I'm in the books for the week of February 21 to pick my S up too in IL. Off to PPF immediately following delivery. Doing full front, rockers and rear quarters where they flare out. Tint too. BTW, there's another thread specific to what others have done with PPF titled "PPF or no PPF". I leveraged that for input. You might find it informative.
Can you post a link to the other thread? Thanks.

Congratulations! I follow that thread too. I keep changing my mind on PPF. I can’t be without a car for 5 days while they do a full install. How long will your partial install take?