Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has been 4 days since I picked up my car, and have driven it about 300 miles. Here are some observations:

10) I still need to look at the yoke to press the turn signal and wiper buttons as my muscle memory has not built up yet.

14) ...there is no quick way of remotely opening the tailgate or frunk as in the keyfob. I have to get the phone out of my pocket, open the Tesla app, tap on controls and then tap on the buttons to open them.
On #10, for me the mental breakthrough was realizing that with my thumb brushing against the ridge on the yoke between the turn signal buttons, I can think of it as a traditional stalk. To signal left, I'd move the stalk down, so my thumb needs to move down and press the button. Instead of moving the stalk up for right, I move my thumb up. It's actually leveraging old muscle memory. Since my thumb can always find that ridge, I haven't looked at the turn buttons in weeks.

On #14: The iOS widget lets you open the frunk with "one" tap. To add the widget to your home screen, tap and hold the background to start the apps wobbling, tap the (+) button in the top left of the screen, scroll down to Tesla, and tap on the wide widget to add it to your screen. You can then drag it where you want it like an app tile. Without opening the Tesla app you can now unlatch the frunk, lock/unlock the car & charger port, and turn on climate control. This will open the Tesla app too, but the command executes instantly. (Opening the frunk actually requires you also tap Confirm for safety reasons)

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: aerodyne and VikH
Well, after 8+ months, today is finally DELIVERY DAY! I know many people on this forum think I'm crazy for not refusing this VIN in favor of getting the updated lights, but my patience has worn thin and I'll take "the bird in the hand" today rather than face another month or two of refreshing my Tesla App 100 times per day. I've printed out the comprehensive checklist and have secured my loan via Navy Federal Credit Union (2.04% for 72 months).

I'm hoping my car is flawless (or mostly flawless), as several recent deliveries seem to have been.

I'm scheduled to have PPF and ceramic coating tomorrow, and the windows will be tinted next week.

One question for the forum: I'd like to buy some all-season/winter floor mats for my new MSLR, and I see three viable options:

1. Tesla-branded floor mats (made by WeatherTech - $250).
2. Actual WeatherTech mats ($189).
3. Maxpider floor mats (seem to be highly regarded here, but I can't find a link to the correct ones for a 2022 MSLR).

From looking at the mats online, I do think I prefer the Maxpider versions, but I can't seem to find a way to order ones that are made to fit the 2022s. Has anyone here ordered the Maxpider mats and had them fit the 2022s? What did you have to pay?

The WeatherTech mats look pretty nice also, and are pretty economical at $189, but I'm not crazy about the big WeatherTech logo on them...

I'll post photos of my new MS once I get it back to Nebraska and all cleaned up! My constant lurking on this forum will likely drop off a bit once I get my car, but I do want to thank everyone here for making the wait more bearable! Good luck to everyone on getting their new "refreshed" Refresh model soon!
I got the Tesmanian mats and am very impressed. The fit is perfect, no logos anywhere, and the sides come up a good way on the edges. Exactyl what I was looking for

Just got this text from the Colorado Springs store

"Good Afternoon,

Hope you are doing well, and you and your family are staying healthy! I wanted to reach out as it looks like you will be potentially receiving a VIN for your Tesla sometime mid-end of March. Of course, until it is assigned, it is not 100% guaranteed, but it looks pretty solid.

Please confirm if you would like to take ownership if the VIN is assigned in March.

Thank you for confirming.

~ Colorado Springs Delivery Team"

Not sure I really believe them. OD 12/28, RN1162... This is the 2nd time that my EDD has been Mar 17-31. Moved out to Apr - May then back here a couple weeks ago.

Just got this text from the Colorado Springs store

"Good Afternoon,

Hope you are doing well, and you and your family are staying healthy! I wanted to reach out as it looks like you will be potentially receiving a VIN for your Tesla sometime mid-end of March. Of course, until it is assigned, it is not 100% guaranteed, but it looks pretty solid.

Please confirm if you would like to take ownership if the VIN is assigned in March.

Thank you for confirming.

~ Colorado Springs Delivery Team"

Not sure I really believe them. OD 12/28, RN1162... This is the 2nd time that my EDD has been Mar 17-31. Moved out to Apr - May then back here a couple weeks ago.
I’d believe them. You’re a truck ride away from Fremont and this would be the modified West Coast EOQ push just like they did in Dec. I recall at least one member from CA who ordered their car in December and got a delivery by the end of the month

I’d believe them. You’re a truck ride away from Fremont and this would be the modified West Coast EOQ push just like they did in Dec. I recall at least one member from CA who ordered their car in December and got a delivery by the end of the month
I wouldn’t. Several Denver Folks still waiting after nearly a year. I’m bitter though..

I received the same message back in January when my EDD was early Feb. still waiting, still getting pushed. I need to update my sig

Reactions: Mwolfe
I wouldn’t. Several Denver Folks still waiting after nearly a year. I’m bitter though..

I received the same message back in January when my EDD was early Feb. still waiting, still getting pushed. I need to update my sig
Understandably. Let’s see what your EDD does tomorrow. I bet you will be in this push as well but at the same time there have been recurrent rumors here about the paucity of the red/cream combination as a batched lot. That’s if the other rumor that they produce the cars in batches is true.

Reactions: EightYears
Understandably. Let’s see what your EDD does tomorrow. I bet you will be in this push as well but at the same time there have been recurrent rumors here about the paucity of the red/cream combination as a batched lot. That’s if the other rumor that they produce the cars in batches is true.
It pushed today to 3/15 - 3/31. I certainly hope and I have been trying to stay optomistic that it will be here in March but losing hope as the same continued push of my EDD continues...

I can only imagine that there are a gajillion Colorado orders ahead of a 12/28 order. While I have a very small sample size and Tesla has proven anything is possible with the EDD/VIN assignment lottery I still think it's an extremely rare chance a 12/28 order comes this quarter. Unless he is Plaid mixed up in the LR thread...

For Example.

Mairsile 1143 - MSM - Colorado, JANUARY order. Still waiting. :eek:

Myself...Still waiting..

There was another user in here last week that I think just took delivery of his Rockymtnhigh or something. I can't remember off the top of my head but I think he was a 1149 or somewhere very close order. He disappeared likely after taking his delivery :)

Either way I hope he get's the VIN I just think Tesla's constant tease with the EDD and emails/texts once in a blue moon is horrible customer service but I'm not stating anything new.

Fingers crossed for all of us!

Reactions: Mairsile and DermMD
I can only imagine that there are a gajillion Colorado orders ahead of a 12/28 order. While I have a very small sample size and Tesla has proven anything is possible with the EDD/VIN assignment lottery I still think it's an extremely rare chance a 12/28 order comes this quarter. Unless he is Plaid mixed up in the LR thread...
It's an LR order not a plaid. Weirdly enough when I first put in the order they told me I could pick up a plaid that week but I don't need, or want, a plaid. If I actually get a vin this month I'll take it, but am totally fine waiting. It seems really bizarre to me that I could get a car before someone who ordered 6 months or more earlier.

Reactions: EightYears
It's an LR order not a plaid. Weirdly enough when I first put in the order they told me I could pick up a plaid that week but I don't need, or want, a plaid. If I actually get a vin this month I'll take it, but am totally fine waiting. It seems really bizarre to me that I could get a car before someone who ordered 6 months or more earlier.
If you do, go buy some lottery tickets!! :) Keep us posted.

• Funny
Reactions: jcrides
It pushed today to 3/15 - 3/31. I certainly hope and I have been trying to stay optomistic that it will be here in March but losing hope as the same continued push of my EDD continues...

For Example.

Mairsile 1143 - MSM - Colorado, JANUARY order. Still waiting. :eek:

Myself...Still waiting..

There was another user in here last week that I think just took delivery of his Rockymtnhigh or something. I can't remember off the top of my head but I think he was a 1149 or somewhere very close order. He disappeared likely after taking his delivery :)

Either way I hope he get's the VIN I just think Tesla's constant tease with the EDD and emails/texts once in a blue moon is horrible customer service but I'm not stating anything new.

Fingers crossed for all of us!
Shout out to me!