Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same tires here, I'm set with the detailer for the end of the month so we'll see what they can do for the paint... Still debating matte ppf because I really like the gloss look!

This was one of the minor issues... No clue how they missed it and I don't want to risk breaking anything pushing it back in lolView attachment 776170

I see a couple of connectors with nothing attached. Could one of those be a switched 12v connector from which to connect either a radar detector or some LED lighting?

LR in the showroom (!!!) in Schaumburg IL tonight. (not mine - apparently not spoken for)

Had a few minutes to look it over. Very nice.

Yes, it had the new headlights, taillights, charge port door and trunk trim. Even had ALL of the cargo area covers!

Nice seeing the 19”rims in person both with and without the aero covers.

Car is huge compared to my existing Model 3, but really looking forward to taking delivery nonetheless.

View attachment 776078View attachment 776079View attachment 776080View attachment 776081View attachment 776082View attachment 776089
This might be the MF428 in my spec that Schaumburg tried to deliver to me a few times at the end of December. They couldn't update the firmware and were waiting on parts. The delivery manager said it was still there in the beginning of February. Old lights BTW.

Reactions: chrisdh79
Still no spotted "LR" model S with the new headlight and taillights as far as I have seen.
F811A12D-9BCA-4F42-B0DE-470976F1811E.jpeg

The top model S

LR in the showroom (!!!) in Schaumburg IL tonight. (not mine - apparently not spoken for)

Had a few minutes to look it over. Very nice.

Yes, it had the new headlights, taillights, charge port door and trunk trim. Even had ALL of the cargo area covers!

Nice seeing the 19”rims in person both with and without the aero covers.

Car is huge compared to my existing Model 3, but really looking forward to taking delivery nonetheless.

View attachment 776078View attachment 776079View attachment 776080View attachment 776081View attachment 776082View attachment 776089
Sorry to disappoint, but those are the old headlights, tail lights and charge port door.

I also saw some new plaids on a car carrier the other day. Your picture and what I observed are consistent. Both your observation and mine were of black or very dark cars. If you go to the Tesla configuration page and select white paint to make it easy and change the view to see the tail lights and back of the car you will see that the black bar is still there in both the standard and plaid versions. If you zoom in on your picture and look closely you'll see the black bar is there. This does help to keep it visually distinct from the model 3, which was my main criticism of the new design.
I really don't mind my January 2022 build having the old lights as I still think they look great.

Interesting almost everyone has been moved to the 2nd half of March. I've been sitting on 19-31 for about a month now.
And me still sitting 4/2-4/30. Hasn't moved since the first week in January.
This board has become eerily quiet of new VIN assignments. I hope this is just a result of the new lights change over shutdown and things will pick back up soon.

• Informative
Reactions: chrisdh79