Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is considered a narrow window? Mine has gone up and down since Oct. two weeks ago it was May 23 to July 19, last week it changed to May 25 to Jun 13. I would like to lock in a rate also but worried my EDD will be pushed back out past the rate period.

Here's another data point for everyone:

RN 1155
Order date 8/28/21
Delivery in either Minnesota or Illinois (I live in WI and the legislature here is a group of jackasses)
No VIN yet.

Blue exterior
Black interior
19" wheels (I am ASTONISHED how many people get the more expensive and lower range 21" wheels??)
Yes to FSD

EDD upon order was March-April. It then later got changed to April-May for a while, and then more recently June-July. But since last Friday a week ago, the EDD has disappeared in my app and the website reads "TBD".

Contacted my advisor and didn't get any additional information other than that there did not appear it be any delays with my order, and that I should expect a delivery in my original EDD (which is obvi not possible since that was March-April).

Pretty annoyed but it sounds like others have it worse.
New EDD range this morning: July 29 - September 9. 😮‍💨 Got a feeling I will be joining the One Year club.

The week has officially (finally) come. Delivery date is planned for this Thursday. I am back from hiatus and now caught up by reading the last 50 pages of this forum to catch-up on what I’ve missed (Oh how I appreciate the community). It does sadden me - all the lack of transparency and back and forth on the delivery process.

Here’s to hoping for a successful Midwest delivery this week. I will certainly share my experience and pics with the group. Thanks to all for the contributions this far - keeps me encouraged to keep fighting the good (Tesla delivery) fight.

Model S LR | Black | Black | 19s | No FSD | Ordered 09/06/21 | Indiana | RN1156 | >12 EDD changes | VIN NF477 assigned ~05/02/22

(soon to be added to the signature line)

The week has officially (finally) come. Delivery date is planned for this Thursday. I am back from hiatus and now caught up by reading the last 50 pages of this forum to catch-up on what I’ve missed (Oh how I appreciate the community). It does sadden me - all the lack of transparency and back and forth on the delivery process.

Here’s to hoping for a successful Midwest delivery this week. I will certainly share my experience and pics with the group. Thanks to all for the contributions this far - keeps me encouraged to keep fighting the good (Tesla delivery) fight.

Model S LR | Black | Black | 19s | No FSD | Ordered 09/06/21 | Indiana | RN1156 | >12 EDD changes | VIN NF477 assigned ~05/02/22

Congrats to you, but just another example of Tesla's non-sensical delivery priority.

Your car is the identical configuration to mine yet you ordered five weeks later

This ain't fair 😞 you would think that FSD cars would be prioritized over non-FSD since that gives Tesla an extra $10k+?????

Congrats! (From a fellow Hoosier, aka midwestern toad 😔). Looking forward to hearing about your experience.

Reactions: Midwest317

Where in Indiana? I was supposed to pick up my Plaid today, but I just got a call that we are now looking at Thursday.

Reactions: Midwest317
I moved closer for only the second time. Last week I was moved to June 5 - July 10 after being a day from entering my EDD window.

Today, moved to May 30 - June 19.

I believe this was either the 12th or 13th EDD move I recall.

Order date 6/24/2021. RN 1152. Kansas City delivery.
I am still holding at June 1 through June 22. Kansas City delivery. Good luck and may the force be with us.

Has anyone been in the status "pending match to factory gated car"? They said if I do not match within a week, it will kick me back in, and it could take a few more weeks to get a VIN.

I feel like we are all pending a match to a car from the factory. How is this different?

This ain't fair 😞 you would think that FSD cars would be prioritized over non-FSD since that gives Tesla an extra $10k+?????

I do genuinely understand. If there were logic to this entire roller-coaster of a process, it would certainly make the ride more tolerable for all I’m sure. I’m endeavoring to find encouragement for those who happen to make it to the finish line successfully. Definitely pros and cons across the board - though I’m not quite claiming victory just yet.

Reactions: jacob@jyoungs.