Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How confident do you feel about them saying "before"? That is the first I have seen some sort of "definitive" timeframe. It is not a date, but it is before a date window.
He gave me a definitive "before" based on the absolutely non-definitive data point that ordering an MS LR today indicates a delivery date of Sept/Oct. I then told him that's useless information since when I ordered back in February, the delivery window was 6 - 12 weeks. He then admitted they are not being told anything by Tesla about when the LR will begin shipping. We had a good e-laugh.

• Funny
Reactions: HumanInput
Do we know for sure if some of the first people on this thread to get their cars with 19” wheels will have the more “silver” hubcaps versus the darker?
In Gabes latest flyover there are a lot of silver Tempest wheels on that holding lot. Looks like hundreds of them. I highly doubt they are swapping them out. In other words, the people that have waited the longest will get the short end of the stick.

Checking in here as it is specific to LR.

-12/12/20 order for LR MSM Black Arachnids
-Offered a car late December and declined
-Updated on morning after refresh announcement via Tesla California hotline (didn't trust SA)
-Delivery estimate 2/14-3/14
-Swapped to Tempest 2/1/21
-Delivery estimate unchanged
-Delivery estimate switched to blank in Mid-March
-"June" for two weeks in Mid-May
-June 21-30 for a few days end of May into June
-Blank for several weeks now

In Gabes latest flyover there are a lot of silver Tempest wheels on that holding lot. Looks like hundreds of them. I highly doubt they are swapping them out. In other words, the people that have waited the longest will get the short end of the stick.
So we likely won’t even know until it shows up at your door, I guess guess the silver caps are the LR version of the Plaid founders badge.

• Funny
Reactions: gadelrosario
Fingers crossed! Are you picking up in Santa Barbara?
Yup! If it’s worth mentioning, my wife ordered a Y early March. she received her vin about March 18, then was able to pick it up from SB the next few days. My guess is we have less than a 1 week window from getting our Vin to being able to pick it up.. so we have to have a vin by next Friday to have a June delivery.

Still have June eta as of this morning.

Reactions: HumanInput
I actually feel sorry for Tesla Sales Associates. They know nothing yet they work for and represent the company. I just ping'd the chat resource on the Tesla website, as I do about once a month. My Feb 15 order (RN1145) for a LR 19"/white/cream is going to be ready before the Sept/Oct timeframe. That's rather useless, and the sales associate admitted as much.
Don’t feel sorry for them. I own a few businesses, one of them is a retail carpet store, where there are plenty of delays (open the roll and it is streaked, mill closes for a week or two)
once the manager finds out, the salesman must call customer and tell them installation needs to be cancelled and if the mill has no stock,We don’t know when they will be running that line and or color.
if the salesman does not contact the customer even if all he can say is “I don’t have a date for you yet” the salesman gets fired. It is a high volume store with 8 salesman. I pay a lot of money for
Advertising to get the customer into the door. I Will not Put up with a salesman not returning a call. It is the courteous and professional thing to do. Even if we are clueless about when they will get their carpet/wood. Customers sometimes get
Mad but better than them preparing for a delivery that is not happening.

Don’t feel sorry for them. I own a few businesses, one of them is a retail carpet store, where there are plenty of delays (open the roll and it is streaked, mill closes for a week or two)
once the manager finds out, the salesman must call customer and tell them installation needs to be cancelled and if the mill has no stock,We don’t know when they will be running that line and or color.
if the salesman does not contact the customer even if all he can say is “I don’t have a date for you yet” the salesman gets fired. It is a high volume store with 8 salesman. I pay a lot of money for
Advertising to get the customer into the door. I Will not Put up with a salesman not returning a call. It is the courteous and professional thing to do. Even if we are clueless about when they will get their carpet/wood. Customers sometimes get
Mad but better than them preparing for a delivery that is not happening.
Its that type of transparency that would go a long way. I wonder how other OEM and new startup handle customer service related to delays

Its that type of transparency that would go a long way. I wonder how other OEM and new startup handle customer service related to delays
Yeah, this might work for Tesla now but three years from now people will remember this experience and the EV market will be a completely different landscape.

Fingers crossed! Are you picking up in Santa Barbara?
Sorry guys I just read your posts this morning. I’m also in Santa Barbara. Rn 1144 ord. 2/4/21 wht/black tempest and fsd. Valis did you get a vin? Mine is still blank. My SA said he would let me know when any model s gets delivered so I can run down and see it.

Sorry guys I just read your posts this morning. I’m also in Santa Barbara. Rn 1144 ord. 2/4/21 wht/black tempest and fsd. Valis did you get a vin? Mine is still blank. My SA said he would let me know when any model s gets delivered so I can run down and see it.
Nah, no VIN, mine has been blank for a month. I had June 21st-30th for about a week then it vaporized, never to return. At this point, I'm guessing it'll be sometime this summer, probably while I'm on vacation or something.

Nah, no VIN, mine has been blank for a month. I had June 21st-30th for about a week then it vaporized, never to return. At this point, I'm guessing it'll be sometime this summer, probably while I'm on vacation or something.
Yep. That is exactly my biggest concern. I want to take a vacation this summer but then suddenly I might get a VIN and need to pick up the car in three days or lose it and wait months again. Also not being able to plan to sell my current car over the last 8 months has been a disaster. This is not the way to do business. If I do end up getting this car( first Tesla), then I will be highly eyeing the competion in 3 or 4 years when I'm ready to sell. (Hello Lucid.) This experience is definitely staying with me in the long run.

Yep. That is exactly my biggest concern. I want to take a vacation this summer but then suddenly I might get a VIN and need to pick up the car in three days or lose it and wait months again. Also not being able to plan to sell my current car over the last 8 months has been a disaster. This is not the way to do business. If I do end up getting this car( first Tesla), then I will be highly eyeing the competion in 3 or 4 years when I'm ready to sell. (Hello Lucid.) This experience is definitely staying with me in the long run.
Same here, except like a dummy I sold my P85D anticipating a March delivery because I have too many cars at my house as it is, and Tesla has no interest in taking it in trade (it had 143,000 miles on it). Now I’m stuck driving my little two seat SL450 for months and my P85D is probably worth more than it was when I sold it because of the total lack of MS availability. And yes, holding off scheduling vacay for the same reason. Really hoping when I’m done with this car Lucid or another competitor has an alternative. Not completely turned off on Teslas, but last time I going thru this.

I had same dates week of may 15th. Before amd since then, nothing. Blank. Ordered 12/15

Reactions: Hayseed_MS