Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
*slowly raises hand*. Between this thread, my Tesla Account page and the other thread, these are three tabs that will likely be open for sometime to come.
So who else is still mass refreshing the other thread since this one is way less active? Not sure what I'm expecting to see, maybe just some LR people getting VIN's I guess.

Reactions: baldwin and GrnSqrl
So who else is still mass refreshing the other thread since this one is way less active? Not sure what I'm expecting to see, maybe just some LR people getting VIN's I guess.
You say this is less active like it’s a bad thing. I’m pretty much done with that thread. I’m hoping once VINs start coming in there will be some chatter over here, as much as I will miss philosophical discussions of backing in to a space vs. pulling in forward, lease vs. buy, satellite radio, size of the battery...🙄

You say this is less active like it’s a bad thing. I’m pretty much done with that thread. I’m hoping once VINs start coming in there will be some chatter over here, as much as I will miss philosophical discussions of backing in to a space vs. pulling in forward, lease vs. buy, satellite radio, size of the battery...🙄
Wait I have some thoughts on the optimal mechanism of active noise cancelling, don't leave yet!! 🙃

I’m doing the exact same thing. Lol.

I saw some speculation that having no delivery information (blank) is some how better (earlier delivery) than having an actual month (July, August, or September) shown in the account. Any truth to that-actually corroborated by Tesla?

edit: some of us who ordered pre-refresh announcement are in the blank boat, but I realize we are not alone -we share that trait with some who have ordered more recently.

... and speculation that FSD gets you your car sooner 🤣

Nope, still blank on my end. Has been blank since... April? I also had a period where it said "Estimated Delivery: -", which somehow was more reassuring than no mention of an estimated delivery.

Stockholm syndrome is real. We're all a great case study that proves it. I feel like I'm being treated as less than a customer, but somehow I kind of enjoy the masochism.

Same - tired of the other thread and that is saying a lot. Looking forward to this picking up.

Stockholm syndrome is real. We're all a great case study that proves it. I feel like I'm being treated as less than a customer, but somehow I kind of enjoy the masochism.
It feels like I'm buying from a tech company vs. a car company. Apple or any other tech company doesn't care if something gets delayed, I don't get anything special if my laptop is delayed due to part shortages, Apple doesn't communicate anything other than maybe changing my date if I'm lucky. Once it finally shows up, it'll be great and better than anything else in the market.

I'll take that over to dealing with awful dealerships, guys trying to sell me undercoat and random warranties for 90 minutes while I just want to sign and get out of there. While Tesla could definitely improve their SA & communication, they still have the best product on the market. Hopefully, the added competition from the big automakers will actually be competition and force them to improve.

Same - tired of the other thread and that is saying a lot. Looking forward to this picking up.
The other thread has become more of a Plaid delivery thread though I do enjoy reading @omarsultan's feedback about his car. The other discussions about SiriusXM, battery packs, etc. have left me in the dust. I'd rather be here commiserating with all the LR purchasers who've been put on the back burner. One thing noteworthy, however, is that the SA I spoke with in Torrance this morning said that it is likely going to be a door-to-door delivery of the LRs because the delivery centers won't be able to keep up with all the cars coming in (once they do). At least now there is a plan of how to move them out of the delivery center quickly.

Reactions: Valis
I will say I almost jumped ship tonight. Took my Rover over to test drive an in stock Defender and FPace SVR. Since the LR has more performance than I need, I am looking for a good touring car with luxury items. The SVR was too harsh without its air suspension - reminds why I got out of the FPace before. The Defender checked all boxes and they made me a good deal on the car and trade-in. I just could not get over the small screen in the middle. So I will flip flop a little. Did not have time to take the Audi S8 back out but probably a good thing since it is a great car.

The Rover dealer has been good to me on the past vehicles. They gave me $7k more on the trade than Tesla (who was $1-2k higher than other third parties). They also were going to discount a bit as if they had excess inventory prior to the pandemic.

No other electrics check the boxes. For now you guys are stuck with me on this thread waiting (impatiently) for the LR.

Last edited:
I will say I almost jumped ship tonight. Took my Rover over to test drive an in stock Defender and FPace SVR. Since the LR has more performance than I need, I am looking for a good touring car with luxury items. The SVR was too harsh without its air suspension - reminds why I got out of the FPace before. The Defender checked all boxes and they made me a good deal on the car and trade-in. I just could not get over the small screen in the middle. So I will flip flop a little. Did not have time to take the Audi S8 back out but probably a good thing since it is a great car.

No other electrics check the boxes. For now you guys are stuck with me on this thread waiting (impatiently) for the LR.
Its ok...i understand... This is a safe space.....

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
My co-worker ordered an LR (MSM, Black interior, 19", FSD) on 6/12 after hearing me go on and on about the Tesla and seeing the videos from the event. His RN is 11514xxxx. Immediately on order placement, he had an Oct delivery date but on 6/13 it had changed to June and today (6/15) it went to blank. Unsure what this means but providing data for the sake of this thread. He's not on TMC but shared his orders page.

Can I further my rant to you LR guys?? This is not a jab at the Plaid - like I have said before it is a phenomenal vehicle and excited for all those guys.

BUT am I the only one that feels extorted by Tesla? They are now 5 months after promised delivery for me. They give me the chance to get the the (Plaid) car within the next few months if I pay $50k more. (This is not an argument whether it is worth $50k or not). If not they will give a guy in Michigan a VIN who ordered his Plaid on 6/3.

Did I mention my account is still blank?

Can I further my rant to you LR guys?? This is not a jab at the Plaid - like I have said before it is a phenomenal vehicle and excited for all those guys.

BUT am I the only one that feels extorted by Tesla? They are now 5 months after promised delivery for me. They give me the chance to get the the (Plaid) car within the next few months if I pay $50k more. (This is not an argument whether it is worth $50k or not). If not they will give a guy in Michigan a VIN who ordered his Plaid on 6/3.

Did I mention my account is still blank?
No, you aren’t the only one. If I was 50 years younger, and still having fun at the tracks I would probably have already ordered the plaid. However, I have already been pulled over for accelerating too quickly (in a 70D no less), and I am looking for the longer range.