Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order was placed around 12/10/2020. Shortly before the refresh was announced. My 2016 90D was totaled by a hit and run Semi on 12/3. Order was for a Red LR, cream interior, and FSD. Added Arachnids after refresh announced. After the Yoke and transmission changes were announced I started looking at alternatives.
Thank you for the info! I must say the Lucid looks pretty nice especially the interior. Though I personally don‘t think the exterior is my style. With that said, I‘m still holding on to a reservation as well just as an option.

Hey all, seems like the Plaid trim is shipping now. I’m thinking it would be helpful to have a separate thread for tracking LR deliveries.

Any LR reservations out there that were delivered or assigned a VIN?
Glad I found this. Thanks for getting it started, it was getting dicouraging just hearing about the plaids, however the posts concerning the yoke steering were really informative.

It's mix-and-match actually. Certain Plaid orders are also pushed back depending on configuration - white/red with carbon fiber are looking at later delivery dates. On another thread, some CA-based LR orders have June delivery dates holding steady but who knows? In my mind, a black, blue or MSM S has a better chance of getting an early delivery date regardless of whether it's a Plaid or an LR.
White interior and carbon fiber option are the only configurations that Tesla currently lists as delaying delivery, at least until August. While it is true the drone flyovers have shown few red and white exterior colored refreshes, it is only speculation (like most everything else here) those colors will be delayed. I have a LR and a Plaid reserved, both red, and estimated delivery is still showing June for So. Cal.

Reactions: gadelrosario
Info in signature, but pre-refresh order here.. Dates were first something like Feb 17-March 15, then became June 1-30, then “June” right up to the Plaid event, and now holding at “July”.

What do you think it means for the people that have no delivery date or month? I'm an RN1141 and I was hoping it meant that instead of telling me a month down the road, it meant it could be delivered at any time and basically "be ready". Am I dreaming?
Same...if there was transparency in delivery process i would feel so much better. Its the opaqueness that is disconcerting

Same...if there was transparency in delivery process i would feel so much better. Its the opaqueness that is disconcerting
It seems Tesla really doesn't care about our business. More EV options are being announced every week. I am thinking I should cancel my order out of principle. Why award a company that thinks it is okay to treat customers like this.

What do you think it means for the people that have no delivery date or month? I'm an RN1141 and I was hoping it meant that instead of telling me a month down the road, it meant it could be delivered at any time and basically "be ready". Am I dreaming?
Definitely could be a stretch to assume so, including my post earlier about it saying "prepare for delivery" when you click "overview" seems plausible in alignment with yours. It could happen, but I would not hold my breath for too long. We know they are prioritizing Plaids.

It seems Tesla really doesn't care about our business. More EV options are being announced every week. I am thinking I should cancel my order out of principle. Why award a company that thinks it is okay to treat customers like this.
Personally I think it's all economics. If you have a shortage of parts that go into either a Plaid or an LR, wouldn't you put those parts in the higher-margin vehicle first, especially this close to end-of-quarter? Even if there's thousands more LRs on order than Plaids, prioritizing short-supply parts to vehicles based on profits is understandable. Do I feel disrespected? Of course. Is there a better value for the money? I don't think so. So I begrudgingly stick around waiting for the day LR purchasers merit attention.

Complete agree with you. For such an expensive car, the non communication is really disheartening. Is that what the whole process will be like after getting the car too? So glad, that there are so many other luxury EV coming out the next couple years, as Tesla will not be able to continue to operate like this too. They have unlimited potential, but seem to be poorly run.

Personally I think it's all economics. If you have a shortage of parts that go into either a Plaid or an LR, wouldn't you put those parts in the higher-margin vehicle first, especially this close to end-of-quarter? Even if there's thousands more LRs on order than Plaids, prioritizing short-supply parts to vehicles based on profits is understandable. Do I feel disrespected? Of course. Is there a better value for the money? I don't think so. So I begrudgingly stick around waiting for the day LR purchasers merit attention.
There’s more to it than that. Sure, short term gain, but long term customer dissatisfaction. This experience may be my last with Tesla. I have a Roadster reservation, but given recent comments by Musk I’m not so sure that was a wise decision. Canceling Plaid+, saying 400 mile range is all you need, and demonstating they’ll make long suffering reservation holders wait to move metal to Johnny come lately. Tesla needs to keep customers tied to brand long term. This isn’t how to do it.

Glad I found this. Thanks for getting it started, it was getting dicouraging just hearing about the plaids, however the posts concerning the yoke steering were really informative.
I also found this link on the other thread and was glad to see it. Thanks for starting it. However when I try and find it again I can’t so I have to find the link on the other thread. Can someone tell me how to find it directly. ord. 2/4/2021 1144. LR. White/black with fsd. Delivery Santa Barbara. Est. Dates went thru all the months. Was June till a week ago now blank