Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy for all of y'all getting VINs but also feeling sad - like the girl whose crush asked her best friend to the prom. Can't help but wonder if someone else got my car and now have no idea when I will actually get in line...

Had June dates for the longest -- closest window was June 22-30, then BLANK for about a week now. Theoretically, I shouldn't have a log-jam. I'm in SoCal, February order RN11451, MSM/Cream/21/FSD/Cash/No trade. After reading all these posts, as a first-time Tesla buyer I decided to call the delivery location (Costa Mesa) to find out whassup. I was told that I had an SA (Paul) who called my husband, but we didn't respond to the voice message they left on his phone. No text, no email. VM?? The dude on the phone said my assigned SA was "kinda old school." Wha? Old school at Tesla? What does that mean? Will I have chisel my name on slate to sign the contract? I ordered digitally; why wasn't I contacted digitally.

Save a dance for me, folks. I may be here awhile.
Welcome to the party. Drinks are self service and free flowing.

I am still amazed that they decided to change the 19” wheels just as production began. The new color looks better but I really don’t like the tempest wheels.
inwould have loved and upgraded if they had offered an arachnid or similar 19” wheels. I wanted the comfort even more than than the range. I didn’t want to deal with aftermarket so I upgraded to arachnids. Worked out better for me time wise but I would have rather had really Nice 19” ones.

they should at least offer you guys the option on color. Unless the old ones would not fit right

Reactions: Zaker89
they should at least offer you guys the option on color. Unless the old ones would not fit right
This! I will be buying aftermarket so I don't really care if its silver, black or pink. Just deliver the damn car as is and I will see what to do lol
I know it doesn't work that way so I will be waiting for a couple more months till them swap out the wheels.

Reactions: Zaker89 and Sbaimo
I am still amazed that they decided to change the 19” wheels just as production began. The new color looks better but I really don’t like the tempest wheels.
inwould have loved and upgraded if they had offered an arachnid or similar 19” wheels. I wanted the comfort even more than than the range. I didn’t want to deal with aftermarket so I upgraded to arachnids. Worked out better for me time wise but I would have rather had really Nice 19” ones.

I get the impression there is a problem with the old wheels and compatibility with the motors. I stopped in at the DC yesterday and talked to them about it. They think the LR is getting new carbon wrapped motors and needs the newer wheel design and configuration

I get the impression there is a problem with the old wheels and compatibility with the motors. I stopped in at the DC yesterday and talked to them about it. They think the LR is getting new carbon wrapped motors and needs the newer wheel design and configuration
So randomly they are going to start building carbon wrapped motors? Or they are carbon wrapped and is the reason the wheels had to change?

August delivery yesterday. Today this. No VIN. Everything is a lie. Feed the monkey.
AC43DE8F-B978-40C1-B762-77444D7B1E9B.jpeg

Do the GIFs I previously posted apply? Do you have an SA you can call? I ask that rolling on the floor laughing as if they have better information. Better yet, have you tried calling the service center where you will be picking up from?
August delivery yesterday. Today this. No VIN. Everything is a lie. Feed the monkey. View attachment 677749

Reactions: Zaker89 and Fwizzy
Do the GIFs I previously posted apply? Do you have an SA you can call? I ask that rolling on the floor laughing as if they have better information. Better yet, have you tried calling the service center where you will be picking up from?
The roller coaster they’ve put me through makes those gif’s timeless at this point 🤣🤣

I would trust Omar’s response more than an SA at this point. I’m 1000% certain our aggregate information in this thread is more than what SA’s know LOL. I have a better chance of getting an answer from Elon on Twitter than from an SA.

• Funny
Reactions: Zaker89 and cwanja
August delivery yesterday. Today this. No VIN. Everything is a lie. Feed the monkey. View attachment 677749
A very hesitant congrats is in order, given past take backs! 🥳. Since we are same market and same order date, hopefully I’ll get some communication at least some day.

Your signature doesn’t show wheels. I’m guessing 21s.

Reactions: Zaker89 and Fwizzy
Same here! told SA I’d even take blue in addition to black (current order) if it became available.
You should wait to get at least the color you want. Just my opinion. I have waited a long time for my car even when everyone said the white interior would hold up delivery. I dont think it did but regardless at least I am getting the car I really wanted.

A very hesitant congrats is in order, given past take backs! 🥳. Since we are same market and same order date, hopefully I’ll get some communication at least some day.

Your signature doesn’t show wheels. I’m guessing 21s.
Yes! 21” arachnids

and thank you so much! Fingers crossed. We’re in this together (misery loves company).

You should wait to get at least the color you want. Just my opinion. I have waited a long time for my car even when everyone said the white interior would hold up delivery. I dont think it did but regardless at least I am getting the car I really wanted.
I agree but after seeing the pictures @Faithless posted, I really think the blue looks fantastic and something I’d be happy with. My non-negotiable is the black interior.