Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RN1143 ordered 1/17 Blk/W 19s FSD still blank. Hard to hold hope for even July ED.
Likely not happening. 19s are showing as August as of now on the website and we know what that means in Tesla timeline. This is the worst customer service experience ever and no getting the car does not make it okay. People here know more than the SAs. What a joke!

I was scheduled Sunday for delivery. Cancelled pushed to today. Cancelled. Pushed to tomorrow afternoon. Called SC one guy told me it is still scheduled for 2:00 tomorrow Tuesday. Spoke to another one and he told me it is not even on the truck yet. why. didn't know why but said doubted it would be delivered Tuesday or Wednesday. He did say he felt it would be here this week.

My account still shows delivery tomorrow. These guys have jerked me around since day one. Im sure iw ill love the car but will never ever buy a Tesla again. if no other EV is up to snuff, I still wont buy a Tesla. Don't like being treated like a second class citizen. I would rather buy another ICE than to go through this again

Thanks for the additional insight.

However, stomping on the accelerator at 55 isn't quite what I was asking, as most Teslas will have a decent response when doing that. Rather, the criticism of the pre-refresh Model S that was solved for in Plaid was that when launching from a standstill, you still have a linear powerband pull after you reach 60MPH that you experience up through 60.

IT. JUST. KEEPS. PULLING. kind of experience. So I'm curious if that is the same for the LR when starting from 0.
Will test tomorrow :)

So with the turn signals, sounds like its a hold and it turns off, or a harder press and stays on. Is there anyway to still get the 3 blinks and auto off with a quick press, like the more gental press on the stalk use to be?
No, which is kind of a bummer. I would prefer the soft press to be 3 blinks. I've done a number of "one blink" lane changes which I don't really like. But these are small nits for me to pick.

Reactions: cwanja
I'm very curious about the active noise cancellation feature in the new MS. For those who have taken delivery of their MS LR (Lance, I guess), have you noticed the active noise cancellation quieting the car down when driving (reducing wind/tire noises)? How quiet is the interior when cruising at highway speeds?

I'm coming from a 2020 MS LR that wasn't really all that quiet on the highway (my Lexus LS600hL was quite a bit quieter, though my wife's 2021 Model Y is quite a bit louder than my 2020 MS was). I'd love it if my new MS was as tomb-silent as my old Lexus LS was on the interstate, and I was hoping the active noise cancellation made a big difference?
I was looking for the ANC today and couldn't find any controls for it. I'll look in the manual tomorrow.

Sorry for the sparse/incomplete updates. I've only had time to put about 35 miles on the car so far. But keep asking questions and I'll do my best to answer them! This weekend, in particular, should feature some more comprehensive driving.

Reactions: foos
I would be curious how usable back screen is with media.
  • Can you pair headphones to it so audio of rear doesnt use speakers for whole car
  • Can you have parallel audio playing between back and front...
I ask these question as a parent that doesnt want to hear baby shark or movie playing the time on a trip

Folks! I got a VIN in my account but estimated delivery is August??!! What does this mean?
Btw, I switched from
19 to 21 this afternoon and 9 hours later, I have a VIN!!
I remember reading someone having August delivery in their account but still got delivery in June. I don't think you can get a VIN months in advance. Pretty sure you'll get your car soon. Congrats and good luck!

I remember reading someone having August delivery in their account but still got delivery in June. I don't think you can get a VIN months in advance. Pretty sure you'll get your car soon. Congrats and good luck!
My first reaction is they want my money now to make it count towards Q1 and deliver in August.
But then I have the VIN, so the car exists and no reason to deliver in August.

I was looking for the ANC today and couldn't find any controls for it. I'll look in the manual tomorrow.

Sorry for the sparse/incomplete updates. I've only had time to put about 35 miles on the car so far. But keep asking questions and I'll do my best to answer them! This weekend, in particular, should feature some more comprehensive driving.
ANC isn't enabled yet. Future software update will enable.

Reactions: FrenchB4 and cwanja