Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's kind of what I thought. No really good answer why 19' wheels haven't been made. I'm hoping @sam3194 is right about it being a delay in manufacturing. I really don't want 21' wheels and certainly don't feel I need to buy them just to get my car sooner. As someone said just before me, wouldn't it be nice if they could just tell us. I can handle the truth. It's not knowing that's a killer.

• Funny
Reactions: cwanja
Well, I ordered the MSLR on the 2nd of Feb, and after the Plaid release event, I decided it would probably never come. So I ordered a M3P to see what made it first. Anyone with a black/cream MS just got 1 spot closer to the front of the line! Good luck, all...been a blast!
20210701_173240.jpg

Hello neighbor. I had the 19 inches, and for the first time today, it went from blank to Oct; Ir, I was White/Cream/19/No-FSD/RN1150; I changed the order today to 21", still showing October. I will wait until mid-August. If I don't get the car and start seeing cars with 19 inches being delivered, I will go back to the 19-inch option.
I have your same built with 19s, started showing October yesterday and still shows October now (I was concerned that it may go back to blank after hearing so many go from August to blank).

Reactions: Draketurner
That's kind of what I thought. No really good answer why 19' wheels haven't been made. I'm hoping @sam3194 is right about it being a delay in manufacturing. I really don't want 21' wheels and certainly don't feel I need to buy them just to get my car sooner. As someone said just before me, wouldn't it be nice if they could just tell us. I can handle the truth. It's not knowing that's a killer.
I feel it's part of the strategy from Tesla. They are already making cars at max capacity.
They know that some people are ready to pay a few thousand $ to get their cars earlier. So they are just fitting all cars with the higher margin 21" to fulfill all its demand prior to 19".

Hypothetically, if they were to manufacture both 19" and 21" at the same time, and there were a long queue/wait for both, there exist a lot of people who would have sold their place in the queue for a few thousand $ to people desperate to get their cars sooner. Rather, Tesla created a "front of the line pass" (and upgrade) so that the money from folks who were ready to pay more to get cars early goes to Tesla, instead of that money going to other customers who sell their spots.

I feel it's part of the strategy from Tesla. They are already making cars at max capacity.
They know that some people are ready to pay a few thousand $ to get their cars earlier. So they are just fitting all cars with the higher margin 21" to fulfill all its demand prior to 19".

Hypothetically, if they were to manufacture both 19" and 21" at the same time, and there were a long queue/wait for both, there exist a lot of people who would have sold their place in the queue for a few thousand $ to people desperate to get their cars sooner. Rather, Tesla created a "front of the line pass" (and upgrade) so that the money from folks who were ready to pay more to get cars early goes to Tesla, instead of that money going to other customers who sell their spots.
If this were a concerted effort they would advertise it. I think they are just horrible at communicating.

I think they made a last minute decision that the silver wheels looked terrible. Elon changed his mind. New supply chain had to be setup for the new 19s and that takes a while especially in the current world economy we're in today. Gonna take a while till they get their new versions implemented. I'm guessing there's some metric that said 21s are more popular and they can at least please those customers and make the change and ultimately avoid bad press on ugly looking standard wheels.

Who knows though. Could be they had to make the change as some supplier said yea we're not gonna be able to mass produce that and y'all need to change. Lots of factors there on why the change. Interestingly enough though the 21s also got darker than originally speced. All craziness from Tesla. But in auto manufacturing they're still a baby figuring things out.

I'm lucky enough to have sold my old car and my work happened to have a fleet car brand new I could borrow. The wait is still killing me. I've never not bought a car off the dealer lot. Granted I waited for the right car before I went into negotiations and made sure they had the one I wanted, which for my last car I waited a year for the 2019 model instead of the 2018 of the brand new Kia Stinger GT2 because I got burned on my last one from Kia my Cadenza that had a whole tech refresh a year later after the first model year I bought of that one.

This has been a crazy ride. I'm not expecting mine in July, I'll be overjoyed with August, September and still nothing I'm ordering the refreshed Kia Stinger.

Venting a little. It's very annoying to see CA get priority over the rest of the country. I grew up there. Totally understand it's easier to transport to CA than across country. I'm beside myself that people that ordered way after me received cars. I'm just venting, in that stage of grief. I am very happy for those that have their cars. As an instant gratification person I know, this is the worst thing I've done since quitting Amazon hah.

I'ma have to stop checking for a while and just let my life live. One day I'll get a text maybe. Maybe an email. Saying good news. Renew your financing and let's get you a car. This is just too stressful haha. Well after tonight. Hah

Last edited:
Well, as of 2:30 tomorrow I will temporarily no longer be a Tesla owner. It feels weird. Selling my 2016 90D to a private party (already has one S, and I know him). I have a second car, thankfully... But I want my new S! Mine has said August delivery for 2 months now.

White/white LR, FSD, 19, RN 1145, ordered 2/21.

It will be my third S, and I'm still beyond excited.

WHERE IS IT ALREADY

Those are some big damn wheels!

I dunno. But realizing yesterday they were pounding out cars til midnight. I might have mentioned to the SC guy that whoever delivered my car last night might see 200 bucks. My vin got changed and my black white Arrived at my door.
maybe it was a coincidence. Delivery guy seemed happy to have made the delivery.

I dunno. But realizing yesterday they were pounding out cars til midnight. I might have mentioned to the SC guy that whoever delivered my car last night might see 200 bucks. My vin got changed and my black white Arrived at my door.
maybe it was a coincidence. Delivery guy seemed happy to have made the delivery.
Apparently they're more open to delivering in CA. No option for me here in GA. I'd gladly bribe tip a delivery person to have my car delivered haha 😂🤣🤣😆😆

Thanks. Not sure if this helps, but this is how it progressed for me:
- like many my account would update with date ranges (or a specific month) and then transition to blank through most of May and June. Most of the time, however, it was blank.
- last week I had an estimated delivery date of July 4 - 16.
- over the weekend my account transitioned back to blank and remained blank until this morning.
- the VIN was assigned to me sometime between midnight and 345am ET (yes, I checked my account around midnight and then again at 345am… and no, I’m not insane… we are all just “passionate”).

I spoke with my SA… based on the information available to him in the system, it appears my car was produced this past weekend (June 26 or 27)… so it took a few days to allocate the VIN.

It appears many have indicated that they receive a VIN after their account transitions from a date range to blank. I think the fact that you have a specific date range (rather than just a month without a date range) is a positive sign… but all just speculation on my end.

I anticipate that since EOQ has passed, they will manufacture in batches and prioritize orders by order date; at least, that seems to be the right approach.
i have 1142 rn, but 19s unfortunately...still blank :(