Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yes - I was told the same thing - will only hold for 3 days then will go to next customer inline. My EDD is August and I am in Hawaii for 10days the middle of August ! I know -1st world problem but DAMN IT !
Let me know your plans as I’m pleased to take your August delivery while you are in Hawaii. Or stay home to get the Tesla and I’ll use your Hawaii reservation. I’m just trying to help you out of a bind.

They should not discriminate customers who willing to pay more than 80k for their cars
Haha. I'm not saying that. They seem to never pick up the phone. But they work till 6pm from what I understand based on whatever timezone you're in. I said haha on why would they pick up since they don't typically pick up ever it seems like from this forum's opinion ha.

I was asking why they were calling. Esp for a delivery center. Considering they ordered like 3 weeks ago. Or is it that Tesla did another special and gave a car to someone that ordered 3 weeks ago while others still waiting from October... Like yourself.

Haha. I'm not saying that. They seem to never pick up the phone. But they work till 6pm from what I understand based on whatever timezone you're in. I said haha on why would they pick up since they don't typically pick up ever it seems like from this forum's opinion ha.

I was asking why they were calling. Esp for a delivery center. Considering they ordered like 3 weeks ago. Or is it that Tesla did another special and gave a car to someone that ordered 3 weeks ago while others still waiting from October... Like yourself.
I know your point but I still love Tesla when they still don't pick up my call as well lol

Reactions: doubleshot
I know your point but I still love Tesla when they still don't pick up my call as well lol
You love Tesla. Tesla could care less about customers. Unrequited love. Bummer. Personally,
My disdain for Tesla exists on many levels.

However I do love my new LR. But what a brutal process to go through from deposit to delivery.

I hope when I need them next, their service will be better than expected. That bar is not very high.

Sorry but I just could not resist sharing my feelings with my TMC buddies

I remember reading that it is easier to get service through the app

You love Tesla. Tesla could care less about customers. Unrequited love. Bummer. Personally,

However I do love my new LR. But what a brutal process to go through from deposit to delivery.

I hope when I need them next, their service will be better than expected. That bar is not very high.

Exactly. All the angers will soothe down once I see my RED Model S in person

I have scheduled all of my service appts through the app, and it has worked well for me. They show up on time and do what they do they are going to do. Super easy process, actually.

Reactions: Sbaimo
You don't need to be lined up much at all as the car will steer to correct and avoid things. You can't be 90 degrees off, but remotely close is fine. I also use it when I have a lot to unload from the trunk and have the car back into the garage. It is much better at that than I am.

If your garage is extremely tight, it may not work, but if there is room for you to get in the door, the car has no issues. One problem is I park on the side so two car fit, but they do need to be pretty close to the side. If the other car is out, the Tesla will park too far from the wall. You can see my garage size in the avatar.
I have a 3 car garage, with one single bay and one double bay. I was hoping to park my (to be delivered, blank date) Model S in the single bay, but it has a narrow opening. I was hoping that FSD would make it easy to exit and enter. For summon to work, do you need to be outside the car? That would be a pain, especially when raining. Would the AutoPark work? Thoughts or suggestions @JADCa ?

I have a 3 car garage, with one single bay and one double bay. I was hoping to park my (to be delivered, blank date) Model S in the single bay, but it has a narrow opening. I was hoping that FSD would make it easy to exit and enter. For summon to work, do you need to be outside the car? That would be a pain, especially when raining. Would the AutoPark work? Thoughts or suggestions @JADCa ?
Yes, park in the double bay. I have the same set up as you, and trying to park in the single bay side ended up costing me (well, my insurance) $7K to fix the bumper and radar sensors I destroyed during an epic garage wall scrape :)

Reactions: lurker131
👀👀
8164498A-A98D-4C77-ABB6-774D22BF888F.jpeg

Summon can work with the fob if you allow it, or in ours it always was double click the park on button stalk (maybe now you double click park button on screen or so) and you get out, hit lock, and it will go forward into garage, park, and close the garage door if you want.

You do have to be weary though as many people had times where it would go in through narrow doors (or out) but once the middle of the car got to the narrow part, if it turns any (which it loves to do sometimes for odd reasons) it forgets about the narrow opening and turns the front into it. Sure there are some garage summon fails from the past on youtube. Will have to look in the 2021 manual to see what it says as far as activating regular summon.

Will have to get a new 2021 owner to demo as the manual states (not sure what the "popup" they refer to now looks like:

Starting Summon Before Exiting the Vehicle
To start a Summon parking sequence before exiting Model S:
1. On the touchscreen, ensure that Require Continuous Press is disabled (touch Controls > Autopilot > Summon > Require Continuous Press > NO
2. Close all doors and trunks.

3. With Model S powered on and the Park gear engaged, . The touchscreen displays a popup window.

4. On the touchscreen, choose the direction of travel.

5. Exit Model S and close the driver's door.

Summon now moves Model S according to the direction you specified on the touchscreen.

NOTE: To cancel the parking maneuver before exiting, touch Cancel on the popup window.

NOTE: If you do not choose a direction of travel on the touchscreen, Summon does not start a parking maneuver when you exit.

Last edited:
Congrats on the delivery finally! How long after you changed to the 21's did you receive a vin? Finally got someone on the phone today and was told when they look on back end it says ready to be built and did I really want to change as they were fairly confident all orders before March were coming july/august
Took 10 days to get a VIN but thats including 4th of July weekend. I just have a road trip planned and really couldn't risk waiting until the end of August potentially for my car. If I ever want the 19's, I'm sure there is someone who would want to buy the 21's at a discounted price.

Reactions: cwanja