Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fremont, we have a problem! Let's hope that Tesla can resolve the delivery issue quickly. ;)

"Several new Tesla Model S buyers have told Electrek and posted to forums about how they are being told by Tesla that there’s a “hold” on delivering the new vehicle. Buyers who have been waiting for months for their new vehicles were told that they finally arrived at their local delivery centers, but Tesla wasn’t able to deliver them.
They are being told a bunch of different excuses for them not being able to complete the delivery, but the common thread appears to be that there’s a “hold” on new Model S. Several buyers are being told that the delay is due to “new inspection standards” (via hsien88·on Reddit):

However, Tesla is not telling them what they are inspecting and why it can’t give a new delivery date. Based on buyer reports, the hold appears to be in place since last weekend. Some buyers have expressed concerns that it could related to the Tesla Model S Plaid fire from last month, but there’s no clear evidence of that at the moment. CEO Elon Musk has previously commented that one of the reasons for the delay between the launch in January and the start of deliveries in June was to “make sure that the Model S’ new battery pack was safe.”

Last edited:
Okay spoke to SA in regards to my Model S LR and has told me not to contact them again unless it’s about canceling the order or if I have a VIN already assigned.
Okay I definitely screwed up. Now I just black listed by SA in Tesla.
did they politely tell you to go screw, like "I cant do anything unless a vin is assigned". or straight out bend over? I feel less and less like im purchasing a luxury car compared to past experiences. what ever happened to the days you could throw a fit, walk out and they came chasing after you? I guess demand happened.

Awaiting Delivery: Model S LR, Ordered: 8-21-20 (then on "Hold" awaiting refresh), Blue/Cream, 19", AP, Rocklin, CA, 2021, RN11386, EDD: Blank and never ever was it anything else.
Spoke to SA and was told Sept should be doable. V frustrating.
You've been waiting almost an entire year? I think you earned placement on the top of disappointed customers. I'm March and frustrated; I can't even believe the emotional toil this has been taking on you!

did they politely tell you to go screw, like "I cant do anything unless a vin is assigned". or straight out bend over? I feel less and less like im purchasing a luxury car compared to past experiences. what ever happened to the days you could throw a fit, walk out and they came chasing after you? I guess demand happened.
I’ll post a dialog:
Me: Hey can I speak to [redacted]?
SA: Sir with all due respect if this is about the Model S Long Range we have already explained to you we have no idea. This is the third time you called this month. We kindly ask you to stop calling every week about this.
Me: Oh 😥 ok but can I speak to [redacted]
SA: [redacted] has transferred to another location.
Me: Alright well have a nice day
SA: only call back if you have a VIN assigned or if you’re cancelling this order.
me: okay bye
*hangs up*
well … crap.

I’ll post a dialog: Me: Hey can I speak to [redacted]?
SA: Sir with all due respect if this is about the Model S Long Range we have already explained to you we have no idea.
This is the third time you called this month. We kindly ask you to stop calling every week about this.
SA: only call back if you have a VIN assigned or if you’re cancelling this order.
me: okay bye *hangs up* well … crap.
Looks like some remedial customer service training may be required.

I’ll post a dialog:
SA: Sir with all due respect if this is about the Model S Long Range we have already explained to you we have no idea. This is the third time you called this month. We kindly ask you to stop calling every week about this.
*hangs up*
well … crap.
Sounds so relatable from when I called girls in high school

I just refreshed and this appeared. I have no VIN but anyone else seeing this?
Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 10.24.40 AM.png

Annddd we're back to blank (from October). RN11524 MSLR Black/Black/19"

I have another order for a MYP EDD (8/1 -8/21). MSLR is the car I really want, but I may have to take the MYP first, just so I have a car to drive. Hopefully, these used cars prices hold and I can just drive the MYP for a couple months and trade-in for the MS

I’ll post a dialog:
*hangs up*
well … crap.
Unreal. This is what has happened with customer service these days. I have called and texted left messages and they never reply. Disgusting way to treat customers. They don’t deserve orders and if the car wasn’t worth it I would go elsewhere. What do these guys do all day long that they can’t at least be polite.