Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RN114236XX, LR 19 MSM Cream Interior, Ordered 12/05/20. More disappearing EDDs than Elon has Rockets.

The best (maybe the only good) part of this experience is the Stories /Excuses / Lies general BS fed to us by SA’s. Asked about my LR while trying to buy a used X to tide me over until my “2022” shows up (thought it was clever plan - the folks at Tesla were less interested) I was told “it will likely be another few months, current production is going to overseas to fulfill orders from Europe.”

With homage and respect to the late Mr. Trebek: “Alex, I’ll take My model S never came for $300”

RN1151. Ordered early June, got an October EDD, went blank for a few weeks then got another October EDD around mid July. Went blank once again until today. EDD of 8/9 - 8/23. MSLR, MSM, 21", NFSD, Pasadena area.
Forgot to mention the interior is Cream.

Damn. Very close RN as mine. MSM, White, 19s here though. Still holding an October EDD.

Reactions: FrenchB4
It's unfortunate that Tesla doesn't know/doesn't care what its most fervent customers, us early adaptors, think about this company. My first of three Teslas was a 2012 Signature Red and I'll hold onto my current order because there is no alternative. But for many of us, four or five years from now when we're ready for a new car there will be viable alternatives from the likes of BMW and MB as well as others and I won't go through this again. Will you?

It's unfortunate that Tesla doesn't know/doesn't care what its most fervent customers, us early adaptors, think about this company. My first of three Teslas was a 2012 Signature Red and I'll hold onto my current order because there is no alternative. But for many of us, four or five years from now when we're ready for a new car there will be viable alternatives from the likes of BMW and MB as well as others and I won't go through this again. Will you?
Only real competition will ever resolve a situation like this. In the end, considering the small volumes, models like the S may not be interesting to Tesla in the future. Right now, there is no real alternative in its class but two years from now the world will be different in this space and from manufacturers with legacies of solid customer service.

Only if there is a better charging infrastructure for those other makers. We will see how opening the supercharger network to other makers works out. Until then, that's why I'll likely still come back to Tesla again.

This would be maddening if I had not had this same experience in 2018 as I waited out delivery of a Model 3, which finally occurred during an end-of-quarter September rush. The Model 3 delivery thread read exactly as this thread, except there were more actual delivery horror stories - improvement!

No, Tesla does not allocate resources to assuage our impatience. Yes, we'll love our cars so much we will accept their 'arrogance of excellence', or whatever it is. This won't change until they reach a point when they can't sell all the cars they can produce.

RN1144… / ordered January 27, 2021 / Long range / Red / Cream / I’ll drive, thank you / 19-inch / No estimated delivery date

RN114236XX, LR 19 MSM Cream Interior, Ordered 12/05/20. More disappearing EDDs than Elon has Rockets.

The best (maybe the only good) part of this experience is the Stories /Excuses / Lies general BS fed to us by SA’s. Asked about my LR while trying to buy a used X to tide me over until my “2022” shows up (thought it was clever plan - the folks at Tesla were less interested) I was told “it will likely be another few months, current production is going to overseas to fulfill orders from Europe.”

With homage and respect to the late Mr. Trebek: “Alex, I’ll take My model S never came for $300”
I think the line about European orders is correct for standard operating conditions. They're not doing any MS European deliveries till next year from others that have posted on this forum (but who knows. Maybe they are putting them on boats). I would think they're tackling Canada first, some of the Canadians have EDDs closer to end of year for earlier orders.

West coast traditionally first month of quarter is nada. Trickling for second month, all out craziness EOQ. That's due to international orders. But MS is not in traditional mfg yet.

Reactions: cwanja
Hi guys! Interesting turn of events. I am in Raleigh and placed my order by the end of May RN1150. Originally it was White/Cream/19/NoFSD. I never had an EDD; it was always blank. I changed the order in early July, replacing the 19 with the 21 wheels. Two weeks later, I had an EDD showing Aug 1 - Aug 15. As I got closer to the date, it started moving by a day every day. By late July, it changed back to blank. A few days later, it came back, and the earlier date was always 15 days after the current date. I never had a VIN until this morning. Overnight a VIN was assigned, and I got an email to finalize my payment.

The real interesting here is that I have a VIN, but my EDD date now is October!?!? o_O

Tesla_Vin.png

I think the line about European orders is correct for standard operating conditions. They're not doing any MS European deliveries till next year from others that have posted on this forum (but who knows. Maybe they are putting them on boats). I would think they're tackling Canada first, some of the Canadians have EDDs closer to end of year for earlier orders.

West coast traditionally first month of quarter is nada. Trickling for second month, all out craziness EOQ. That's due to international orders. But MS is not in traditional mfg yet.
Was going to come and say this.

Reactions: doubleshot
Hi guys! Interesting turn of events. I am in Raleigh and placed my order by the end of May RN1150. Originally it was White/Cream/19/NoFSD. I never had an EDD; it was always blank. I changed the order in early July, replacing the 19 with the 21 wheels. Two weeks later, I had an EDD showing Aug 1 - Aug 15. As I got closer to the date, it started moving by a day every day. By late July, it changed back to blank. A few days later, it came back, and the earlier date was always 15 days after the current date. I never had a VIN until this morning. Overnight a VIN was assigned, and I got an email to finalize my payment.

The real interesting here is that I have a VIN, but my EDD date now is October!?!? o_O

View attachment 692357
I would suspect your estimated delivery date to update in the coming days. If anything, call your Sales Advisor or Delivery Center who can get you squared away on a timeline. VIN = reality.

As it stands right now I’m on the same boat as everyone else, EDD is gone but I did receive an email from Tesla this morning. Not sure what to make of this.
Probably boiler plate "customer order, no previous orders, here is a virtual 'how to use your car' canned email". They used to do these weekly in-person. Kind of surprised with YouTube and what not, they still do them. But everyone learns differently.

No way in he_ _!!

Reactions: cwanja