Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S and X LR prices increased by another 5k
My OG sales advisor reached out to me and said “hey sorry for avoiding you, I wasn’t avoiding you I was just on vacation. Anyways! You got a referral code you said you had?” I respond: “yes” and then he’s like “if you want I can change you to the black interior and expect your model s like in 1 one week for sure” and I say “okay yes! I want it! BUT WAIT!!! Hold up sir doesn’t that mean I’m subject to the new price change at $89,990?!” And he said “let me speak to the manager.” 10 minutes on hold later: “oh yeah you’re right so … if I change it you’ll get the $10,000 price increase on your model s.” I said “nope! Leave my white on white configuration with the 21” wheels please :)
Sa apologies and then we end the conversation there.
so my original price for the model s at $79,000 still stands 😋

I wanna say I am sick and tired of this game, the waiting game. As early adopters, we get the placebo of the price increase, making you stick with your original order and keep you in the line forever.

how do you guys feel about the $10K price placebo effect? More like free FSD?
Our fictional cars are worth $10k more, even before they become real.

I wanna say I am sick and tired of this game, the waiting game. As early adopters, we get the placebo of the price increase, making you stick with your original order and keep you in the line forever.

how do you guys feel about the $10K price placebo effect? More like free FSD?
Our fictional cars are worth $10k more, even before they become real.
$12,000 if you’re a pre-refresh order. I’m tempted to try and profit $15k right out the gate and put an order in for a Plaid 😂

Hi guys! Interesting turn of events. I am in Raleigh and placed my order by the end of May RN1150. Originally it was White/Cream/19/NoFSD. I never had an EDD; it was always blank. I changed the order in early July, replacing the 19 with the 21 wheels. Two weeks later, I had an EDD showing Aug 1 - Aug 15. As I got closer to the date, it started moving by a day every day. By late July, it changed back to blank. A few days later, it came back, and the earlier date was always 15 days after the current date. I never had a VIN until this morning. Overnight a VIN was assigned, and I got an email to finalize my payment.

The real interesting here is that I have a VIN, but my EDD date now is October!?!? o_O

View attachment 692357
SA called this morning. The car build date is 08/04. EDD is incorrect because they have no assigned a transport route and therefore no real EDD. He said it should be a couple of weeks. It will come by train to the nearest hub and then by truck to Raleigh. Fingers crossed.

SA called this morning. The car build date is 08/04. EDD is incorrect because they have no assigned a transport route and therefore no real EDD. He said it should be a couple of weeks. It will come by train to the nearest hub and then by truck to Raleigh. Fingers crossed.
That's awesome for you, but insane that I purchased one 6 weeks before you (albeit w/ 19" wheels) and I have an "October" factory gate date, with delivery to the same SC :(

Reactions: mlopes
That's awesome for you, but insane that I purchased one 6 weeks before you (albeit w/ 19" wheels) and I have an "October" factory gate date, with delivery to the same SC :(
At the time, I tried my luck changing the 21s. It paid off but not without me dishing out an additional $4.5K. My SA is as surprised as me that I got the car so soon. Hopefully, once the 19" are no longer an issue, you get yours quickly.

Reactions: Vinny860 and patt0n
I am in Chicago Red, 21, Black - RN 1149 and I had an Aug 16th to 23rd date a few days ago. The SA told me the 23rd is when he has it showing up on his side. With that said, still no VIN and I am back to blank :-/
Brutal. I had something similar happen about a month ago for July Delivery about a 2 week window. It came and went a few times. many other EDD's have come and gone and I'm currently blank again. LR/Red/Cream/21s. Mid May Order for me. Most consistent EDD has been September fwiw...

Reactions: cwanja