Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really mind boggling. I got an email this morning with updated EDD, saying we understand you may be disappointed.

RN 1148, Red,black, 19s no FSD. I live 30 miles from Fremont.

Got an EDD of July about 2 months after order, then disappeared. Got Sept EDD 3 weeks ago then disappeared

Today's email (which I never got b4) give Sept 22 - 30.
I have the exact same config. My RN 1146 though. Also delivery in California. Same delivery estimate now as well. Looks like they will be making a batch of Red/Black 19’s for end of quarter

Last edited:
Reactions: Vinny860
This is total bs, there is NO reason for these dates. I also received the email about receiving my model S. I am so glad that Tesla is sorry that I may be disappointed. When I checked my account the EDD I received is Nov 14 - Dec 4. This is for a blue / cream / 19 LR. This is suppose to be an available combination except for the 19s. RN is 1142. Ordered 1 Dec 2020. Glad I never got rid of my old car.

is this true?

“Several Tesla customers are reporting to us that essentially they’ve been offered delivery next month in exchange for $10,000 or wait until next year. Not a good look at all.”

Estimated Delivery: October 20 - November 09​

I am sure Tesla will reward us all for our patience with free supercharging. They really know how to look after their customers !!

Ordered a Blue/Cream/19/FSD 2 days ago.
- Initial delivery estimate: April, 2022
- As of this morning: Nov 28 - Dec 18

Actually, if it's that close to the end of the year, I'd prefer a December date because I want the '22 California HOV sticker. :) Don't deliver too soon!
As noted by someone else, just apply for the sticker in January because it depends on the date you apply. For me, I applied before the end of the year but still got the next year's sticker. I applied in November a few years ago hoping to get the red sticker for my 3 hour round trip commute. The sticker took so long to come that by the time it did (in late January), it was the Purple stickler for the next year (which worked out great because I got almost another year of carpool lane access because of it).

Reactions: Danlbrau
I just got Oct. 13 - Nov. 02. I hate to be glass 1/2 empty but does anyone believe that after 8? months of total silence and likely tems of thousands of complaints that we all today received FACTUAL dates we could take to the bank?

As many have stated, when it's in my garage, I can believe it. Good luck to all; this is my 1st AND LAST Tesla purchase...
I believe that the new EDD you received is just as good and reliable as if one of the SA’s gave you an EDD. Tesla culture seems to be based on BS. I believe the main delivery holdup for
Most is 19” wheels. But I also now believe that Tesla is way more concerned 3 and Y production and delivery. That is where their bread is buttered. I also believe that I received my delivery because I started to be a pia to everyone I dealt with at Tesla. Crummy way to do business. I do love my new S.

I ordered in Jan 2021, and until today my MS LR white/tan 19's no FSD delivery date said August. Today I get an email to check my account and the delivery date has changed to FEB 2022. WTH!!! Do you think I'll get my deposit back?
Don’t cancel you reservation based on an estimate. It’s likely to be inaccurate and may change often.

Estimated Delivery: October 20 - November 09​

I am sure Tesla will reward us all for our patience with free supercharging. They really know how to look after their customers !!
Ordered 1/8/21. MS-LR, blue/white, 19", wood, no FSD.
EDD: November 16 - December 6
YES, for patiently waiting 11 months, I deserve free supercharging !

Stopped by my service center in Salt Lake City, UT on my way home. Looks like about 10 plaids just came of the truck. Various configurations 19", white interior, white exterior. So obviously no specific color, options, or configuration is in short supply.

Not a single LR. I fully believe Tesla is just trying to sell their most expensive car first and screw those of us with LR orders.
IMG_3482.jpg

IMG_3483.jpg

IMG_3484.jpg

IMG_3485.jpg
IMG_3486.jpg

I'm late March order with delivery date of November 14 - Dec 04 (LR, White on White, 19, AP). It seems like white interior is causing a bigger delay as I see folks with June order with earlier delivery time than mines.
You are right as by white on white won't get here till Dec 15 - Jan 5 and I ordered in May. Sucks that people with a different color interior get it 3 months before us but nothing we can do.